Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-05-2016, 09:27   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: VZ 16
Marinas in Cuba

Hi,

soon I would be cruising to Cuba from Puerto Rico and I try to find some info about Cuba's marinas. Unfortunetly it is not so easy. I have found these websites Cuba Marinas - Marinas of Cuba

but I can bet there is much more marinas than 10 !!! I would be going through nort side of Domenican Rep., Haiti to Cuba by power boat and need fuel safety Can somebody tell me if there is any marina in Baracoa, East side, or sth very close to?
Jack_Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 10:50   #2

Boat: Lagoon 40
Re: Marinas in Cuba

So far, I have only been into Marina Hemingway (November 2016 - more info on my blog), but I am presently in Isla Mujeres, Mexico and headed for the marina on the west end (Los Morros), later this week. Hemmingway had plenty of fuel. When I was researching things I got a great response from "nolagal" on this forum. You might search for that thread or check his blog - See S/V WAHOO: Six Weeks along the Cuban South Coast

I have heard good reports about the new marina in Veraderro, in terms of good facilities, fuel etc. Also, Wally Moran is doing a live Q and A session on Cuba tomorrow at 6pm I think (June 1). If you search him on Google+ you should find info plus a recording of his last Cuba Q and A session. I think that was about a year ago.

I hope that helps a bit! Good luck!
Ndavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 11:28   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: VZ 16
Re: Marinas in Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndavies View Post
So far, I have only been into Marina Hemingway (November 2016 - more info on my blog), but I am presently in Isla Mujeres, Mexico and headed for the marina on the west end (Los Morros), later this week. Hemmingway had plenty of fuel. When I was researching things I got a great response from "nolagal" on this forum. You might search for that thread or check his blog - See S/V WAHOO: Six Weeks along the Cuban South Coast

I have heard good reports about the new marina in Veraderro, in terms of good facilities, fuel etc. Also, Wally Moran is doing a live Q and A session on Cuba tomorrow at 6pm I think (June 1). If you search him on Google+ you should find info plus a recording of his last Cuba Q and A session. I think that was about a year ago.

I hope that helps a bit! Good luck!

Thank you for your response. I have checked shortly both bloqs and I will read them today later on more patient. At the moment I am in USVI for few more days and than north side of Puerto Rico, Dominican Rep., Haiti, north side of Cuba till Key West, FL. Of course some info are very helpful. I will also try to contact monogal. Enjoy your trip and will check your bloq quite often.
Jack_Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Cuba, marinas