Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 12:57   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to panamasvk
Florida to Cuba, Cuba to Mexico

Boat is currently in Sarasota, Florida. Leaving to Key West between 10th November - 17th November 2014.
Need crew to open ocean crossing Key West, Florida to Habana, Cuba
and after cruising by North West coast of Cuba, passage to Cancun/Isla Mujeres, Mexico.
Possible to extend your trip by the coast to Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama.

I require sharing expenses: food, gas and water.

More info: PM
Old 05-11-2014, 06:09   #2

Re: Florida to Cuba, Cuba to Mexico

Hi my wife and i will be in isla mujeres 4 - 12 december if you need any help from there, we are liveaboards and spend 3 mths in central america every year to get away from the Mediterranean winter , we have done the trip from fort myers to isla twice before,
Old 05-11-2014, 20:56   #3

Boat: Pearson Ariel 26
Re: Florida to Cuba, Cuba to Mexico

Hi,

What kind of boat do you need help with and how much experience do you have as a captain. I have sailed the Yucatan Channel a few times and could possibly be interested in crewing with you.

My name is Lycia. I'm 38 years old. Last year I sailed from New Orleans to the tip of Cuba to Isla Mujeres and spent 3 months sailing the Caribbean before making the crossing again in a 23' Glander. I'm an excellent navigator and great at weather fax.

I would like to get all the experience I can offshore sailing in as many boats as possible and with different skippers.

As a note, I can not cook while underway. I prefer what I call spoonable food. I do have a tendency for seasickness in heavy weather however, I have found ways to combat this and never once let it get in the way of my shifts - as long as I don't have to do a lot below deck other than sleep.

I own 3 small businesses in New Orleans and hope to open 3 more next year. I'm responsible, reliable and adventurous. I can tell a story and a knot.

Please let me know your travel plans and if you are interested. I can be reached on lyciaf@gmail.com.

Best of luck in all your travels,
Lycia

Tags
Cuba, florida, Mexico