Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 16:17   #286
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
As a child I was abducted by extra-terrestial Teddy bears.
I had a close encounter of the furred kind.
Very funny.

Coops.
Old 06-06-2014, 16:42   #287
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Saucy... Stay clear of them,,, they'll only try and put words in your mouth..
You have no obligation to say anything to them.
+1

But unfortunately they will words into your mouth even even if you don't speak to them; note the headlines below. AFAIK, Saucy has never stated she saw a burning or flaming aircraft. Rather she stated she saw a aircraft surrounded by an orange glow and the appearance of black smoke behind it. Yes, what she saw may have been a burning aircraft or the orange glow may have been caused by other phenomenon e.g. coronal discharge. We simply can't accurately tell from the data at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mighty View Post
Malaysia has paid attention to Saucy's claims. A few days back, the biggest circulation English language daily newspaper in Malaysia, The Star, carried stories with Katherine Tee's claims:

MH370: I saw flaming plane cross the night sky, claims British sailor - Nation | The Star Online

and reporting that the Australian investigators will explore Saucy's claims:

MH370: Australia probes sailor's burning aircraft claim - Nation | The Star Online
Once again, I concur with those who council(sp?) to stay away from the press unless by written word in an open forum.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 17:44   #288
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
Ummm…you too?
it s all on page #69 of my blog.......you can follow my spot track
atoll is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 21:16   #289

Boat: Catalina 30

I'm betting the two reporters for CNN played
'good cop, bad cop' with Saucy.
jongleur is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 21:19   #290

Boat: Kelsall Suncat 40
I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Ahahahahahaaaa..
That's nearly as funny as the needless rescue...

Hmmm.

Jimbo485 is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 21:33   #291

Boat: corsair tri and custom cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
I have been advised by several people who matter to stop trying to over analyse and remember everything, and go and relax. Besides, I have barely slept in four days... I need a break.

I have read aloud one post from this thread to a lady from CNN. I really would be grateful if no more journalists approach me. I still maintain that I will not say anything anywhere other than here.
Hey Saucy,
Stick to your guns and only post here. Good idea.
I feel that I need to make a suggestion on your recall of that nights events.
You mentioned that you were studying constellations but you can't remember which ones were in the sky in relation to the aircraft.
A hypnosis session with a qualified hypnosis therapist may be in order.
I know this a difficult thing to arrange, especially considering where you are, but it may bring out more info from your subconscious. The fact that you had been studying constellations makes it more likely that they are there and could be brought out by a good session. A triangulation based on those stars in relation to your position could reveal a new search area.
If you find this idea to be something you might entertain, look for someone who has experience working with law enforcement. Many cases have been solved because a witness was able to recall under hypnosis a license plate number or color and make of a vehicle etc.
A good set of questions for the therapist to ask is a must.
What stars were in the sky behind the aircraft when you first saw it? Aircrafts altitude?(this will always be a guesstimate) What stars were behind the aircraft after you noticed it changed course? etc. You also felt it may have been descending when last seen.
All of these details may be seen in better detail under hypnosis.
Also a good session can bring a sense of ease and relieve you of stress.

We as sailors try to assist other vessels in distress. Well the airliner was a vessel in distress. I applaud your efforts thus far and wish you the best
for your commendable actions.

My previous post got lost I guess, if not sorry for the double post.
Now I am tired too.
gypsy wanderer is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 22:29   #292
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress

I have read aloud one post from this thread to a lady from CNN. I really would be grateful if no more journalists approach me. I still maintain that I will not say anything anywhere other than here.

Ummmm, really? If you dont want people to hassel you just stop reading the thread. You tired? Then turn it off it you are not tired any more.

The only people that matter are the authorities. They are working indirectly for the famililies. They matter. No one else.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply
Old 06-06-2014, 23:05   #293

hey don't post again and don't answer any questions - many of which were already answered if people read your previous responses, others fall into the amateur sleuth category. Was it dawn at that altitude? At 2-3am? on both sides of the plane? Several of the commentators on other sites have either not read or not absorbed what was said - typical of this subject.
You said what you had to say. Responsibility over. The end.
The authorities whose job it is to analyse all the info and who have various experts available can do the rest. That might include checking your gps.
Forget the hypnotist - you are not the only and crucial potential witness and straining for detail is liable to make it worse.
Media want a story. The more sensational (as they make it) the better. Investigator;s well assuming they are independent (and there are enough parties involved without coincident objectives) are more interested in establishing facts.,,
chris_gee is offline   Reply
Old 07-06-2014, 03:50   #294
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNewsnight View Post
Another poster mentioned reflected light from below the horizon might be the cause of the glow. I found a photo of something similar. Does it look in any way comparable?

Very similar, but the sky was much darker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
I agree, and all this talk of only answering questions on CF will grow suspicion you are only doing this to increase "click's" on the site.
You guys know that I asked a question here, which is something I do often, and that we are all here for. When it got serious and there were many questions, I chose to keep them here where I had started, so as to keep it in the open and in one place. Fear played a large factor in that. Fear of media, and fear of conspiracy.
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 07-06-2014, 04:08   #295
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Responses to a private email:

Quote:

1. As you have already been made aware by Europaflyer, timing relative to UTC is critical for assessing Kate's sighting of MH370. Based on the times in the excellent graphic in post #428, it appears that you believe the boat time was UTC+9. Your GPS log file also supports a UTC+9 boat time. When I opened the track file timing options in Google Earth (GE), the option box for the specific time zone was set to Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT) per the attached graphic "Yacht GPS Date and Time Options in GE.png." I went to a time zone map which is attached as "Time Zone Map.png," which shows ACDT as UTC+9. QUESTION: Do you now believe that boat time was UTC+9? Marc will answer this, but the GPS automatically updates to local time zone, so I have no idea where the +9 UTC comes from. I didn't create those excellent graphics, someone else did.
  2. Based on what I have read in the blog that despite what the post#428 showed, Kate believes she saw MH370 going from north to south while on the easterly port track (~075 deg true) and not the northerly port track (~355 deg true). QUESTION: If a MH370 flight profile was developed that passed through appropriate Inmarsat arcs (1829 and 1924) on time and supported your sighting along the 075 deg port track, would this best support what Kate remembers? Yes
  3. In post #38, Kate said that the elevation angle was, "About 30 to 45 degrees. Nearer 30, I think." QUESTION: Could the elevation angle been as low as 20 to 25 degrees? Yes, especially on the last observation when it seemed to be moving away. I've been outside with protractor now, looking at the horizon again, and it's possible.
  4. Question: What is your yacht's name please? Aaza Dana
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 07-06-2014, 04:31   #296

I don't know where this UTC+9 thing comes from. I thought we agreed UTC+7?

I will just reiterate that given an offset of UTC+7 I believe the boat tacks too late (1920) for the sighting to be MH370, given that the second Inmarsat ping occurs at 1941, 380nm south of the Aaza Dana.

I thought this video takes the biscuit for lazy, bad CGI. The boat is wrong, the directions of all the aircraft are wrong (even though they have gone to the effort of getting the nav lights on the aircraft correct) and the distance is just silly. Linked for laughs only.

europaflyer is offline   Reply
Old 07-06-2014, 05:06   #297

Boat: Concept 40 with 3' dive platform extension. Rebuild of boat and life in progress!

Quote:
As you have already been made aware by Europaflyer, timing relative to UTC is critical for assessing Kate's sighting of MH370. Based on the times in the excellent graphic in post #428, it appears that you believe the boat time was UTC+9. Your GPS log file also supports a UTC+9 boat time. When I opened the track file timing options in Google Earth (GE), the option box for the specific time zone was set to Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT) per the attached graphic "Yacht GPS Date and Time Options in GE.png." I went to a time zone map which is attached as "Time Zone Map.png," which shows ACDT as UTC+9. QUESTION: Do you now believe that boat time was UTC+9? Marc will answer this, but the GPS automatically updates to local time zone, so I have no idea where the +9 UTC comes from. I didn't create those excellent graphics, someone else did.
Hi @#$%^&,

Thanks for Locations - just a question what regarding radar contact - the coordinates are those of the stations or the plane?
Surely they would have time stamp, speed over ground and course over ground in addition to position?

Regarding question 1 - As we have the GPS set to local time I assumed that the download would show that. %$#@%^&*, another guy that I sent the GPS file to who produced the drawings Kate overlaid her angles relative to the boat, told me how to change the setting on MAP source to UTC. There the options were computer time (we are at UTC+7) and UTC which resulted in the updated times. So the files are UTC I assume as from the download from the GPS are local time on computer and the computers offset, and hence if in a different time zone at the time would have shown something else. That would be determined from the time zone map used by the GPS. I have attached the time zone map on the unit, however Garmin should verify what time actually was at that point?

I hope your simulator run helps to locate MH370 and bring closure to those unfortunate ones affected.

Regards,
Marc
Old 07-06-2014, 05:19   #298

Boat: Concept 40 with 3' dive platform extension. Rebuild of boat and life in progress!

I think we start best and worst reporting thread!
The worst so far I have seen......

Amazing some of the bull added in - I have had less than 6 beers in the last 6 months and Kate drinks even less than I do! As for dope - not a chance!
Old 07-06-2014, 05:32   #299

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP Waves View Post

Amazing some of the bull added in - I have had less than 6 beers in the last 6 months and Kate drinks even less than I do! As for dope - not a chance!
Follow the money. The media make their money from advertising and will twist anything you give them to that end. I think the original strategy of not dealing with the media is the best. They are not working for anyones benefit, but their own. The officials are the only ones who really need, and are equipped to effectively utilize, your information. The media are just self-serving vultures and the rest of us just spectators.
belizesailor is offline   Reply
Old 07-06-2014, 05:55   #300
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP Waves View Post

LOL... Thanks for that.. he's hilarious.. sounds like he's the one on the spliffs..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply
Closed Thread