Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2019, 16:05   #31

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs
Re: Greta hitches a ride on La Vagabonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Really eponysterical that.

If your family is sitting in a car stalled on the tracks, in the path of a speeding train bearing down on you, and your daughter's screaming hysterically at you to move the car

are you going to criticize her "shrill tone", much less ignore her as a result?

I'm going to tell her to shut up and so that I can concentrate on deciding the best solution to the problem.

I'm in a much better position to judge whether the best option is to try to restart the vehicle, move it either forward or backward by cranking the starter in gear or to bail out of the vehicle. She is clearly not aware of the various options and their implications.
Old 13-11-2019, 16:33   #32
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Really eponysterical that.

If your family is sitting in a car stalled on the tracks, in the path of a speeding train bearing down on you, and your daughter's screaming hysterically at you to move the car

are you going to criticize her "shrill tone", much less ignore her as a result?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
I'm going to tell her to shut up and so that I can concentrate on deciding the best solution to the problem.

I'm in a much better position to judge whether the best option is to try to restart the vehicle, move it either forward or backward by cranking the starter in gear or to bail out of the vehicle. She is clearly not aware of the various options and their implications.
A fair point if the analogy has responsible adults in the front seats however perhaps a more accurate analogy would be having the front seat adults discussing:

Whether the train is real, is the train moving, maybe the train is going to stop, it's not really a train, the train has good brakes and anyway, it's the train drivers responsibility to stop so it's OK to park on the tracks, we have a right to park where we want to, the train might miss the front seats and other endless meaningless discussions. Yeah so sure the daughter might start screaming for real action if she thinks the train will wipe her out while the adults forever talk...
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 13-11-2019, 16:39   #33
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

exactly

or the driver's just out of their mind drunk behind the wheel

she's just frantically trying to wake us up
Old 13-11-2019, 16:39   #34

Boat: Westerly 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
A fair point if the analogy has responsible adults in the front seats however perhaps a more accurate analogy would be having the front seat adults discussing:

Whether the train is real, is the train moving, maybe the train is going to stop, it's not really a train, the train has good brakes and anyway, it's the train drivers responsibility to stop so it's OK to park on the tracks, we have a right to park where we want to, the train might miss the front seats and other endless meaningless discussions. Yeah so sure the daughter might start screaming for real action if she thinks the train will wipe her out while the adults forever talk...
Spot on! Great analogy.
Old 13-11-2019, 16:57   #35
Marine Service Provider

She wants to help the environment?
Pick up the trash, on the ground, where you live, BEFORE it gets to the sea....that's a start.
When you get done kiddo, give me a shout and we will get you started on India.
Give her a job and see how she fares.
Old 13-11-2019, 17:08   #36

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

>exactly
or the driver's just out of their mind drunk behind the wheel

>the front seat adults discussing:...

Typical. As soon as someone points out how irrational your argument is, you change the parameters by adding all sorts of made up "facts". (sort of like climate modelling )
Old 13-11-2019, 17:08   #37

The real issue I have about her and all of the Global Alarmists is they rail against the US Government. The are too cowardly to go to China or India and try to conduct the same protest. The Hollywood types and the Elites fly to these conferences on their private jets and lecture us how we should all live.

Do we need to be good stewards of the planet? Absolutely
Are there things we can all do to reduce our impact on the planet? Absolutely
Are there billions of dollars to be made off Climate Change? You better believe it. (If you want research money you better get on board or you are out the door no matter what your data shows)

I compare the Climate Change core as a cult. It is funny if you are able to see without your prejudice how similar they operate. Believe in our savior or you will be damned to hell. (Sound familiar??)

How many times have we been given a dire warning of XX number of years left or we all die?
Old 13-11-2019, 17:43   #38

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinLight View Post
The real issue I have about her and all of the Global Alarmists is they rail against the US Government. The are too cowardly to go to China or India and try to conduct the same protest. The Hollywood types and the Elites fly to these conferences on their private jets and lecture us how we should all live.

Are there billions of dollars to be made off Climate Change? You better believe it. (If you want research money you better get on board or you are out the door no matter what your data shows)

I compare the Climate Change core as a cult. It is funny if you are able to see without your prejudice how similar they operate. Believe in our savior or you will be damned to hell. (Sound familiar??)

How many times have we been given a dire warning of XX number of years left or we all die?
Oh groan.
Old 13-11-2019, 17:48   #39
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Really denier propaganda like that should be ridiculed, can't believe anyone accepts people spouting (actually) this stuff into polite society.
Old 13-11-2019, 18:10   #40
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Greta hitches a ride on La Vagabonde

Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to express it.. Its called Freedom of Speech.
In Europe and especially in the UK theres to many Libtard snowflakes screaming hate if your view differs from their PC drivel.
Just coz you think its propaganda does not make it so.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 13-11-2019, 18:12   #41

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
screaming hate
Quote:
Libtard snowflakes
Uh huh. Glasses houses dude...glass houses.
Old 13-11-2019, 18:14   #42

This thread has lived down to my expectations.
Old 13-11-2019, 18:20   #43
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Greta hitches a ride on La Vagabonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Uh huh. Glasses houses dude...glass houses.

If you think thats screaming hate.. you aint heard nuffin.
But I guess you support the propaganda theory... and watch CNN.. Dude.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 13-11-2019, 18:22   #44

Boat: A185F, Mystic 30’ Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinLight View Post

That

It also seems like the worst offenders are the poorest, I read that your financial status and green go hand and hand, hard to tell the guy who is debating eating his pets about how littering is bad.

And it is GLOBAL, I’d have much more respect for these protestors, including parents who get their minor children involved, if they would go to the real offenders and make these large theatrical statements, china, India, etc, but I get it, its hard to sail from a chinese jail, well presuming they just don’t send you to bodies exhibit

Leaving things better than we found them should be our goal for all the things, just lead by example and by voice, not by force and government.
Old 13-11-2019, 18:23   #45

Boat: Westerly 43

Quote:
Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to express it.. Its called Freedom of Speech.
In Europe and especially in the UK theres to many Libtard snowflakes screaming hate if your view differs from their PC drivel.
Just coz you think its propaganda does not make it so.
Rightists are so easily triggered. A 16 year old girl passionately and sincerely expresses her opinions and they go apoplectic. The thing is Greta has science on her side. As the evidence mounts, rightists just have increasingly bizarre conspiracy theories and narcissistic cult-like figures to sustain them.
Closed Thread