Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 08:57   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380
Lagoon 380 quirks - anyone have any ideas?

Hey fellow Lagoon owners,
I've got a 2013 Lagoon 380 and there are two things I've been trying to figure out and thought I'd see if any of you have figured these out:

1) The fresh water foot pump faucet "spits" every time the fresh water pump repressurizes the lines. It isn't a big deal (as long as the faucet doesn't get positioned away from the sink!), but in some sailing grounds I'd prefer to save water rather than lose a spit every time the pump goes off. I can lock the faucet, but wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Any thoughts?

2) I have the owners version and wanted to get access to the starboard side holding tank. I can access the top of the tank through a circular access hatch, but there appears to be NO WAY to get to the bottom of the tank. From the bathroom forward it is nothing but a fiberglass mold. In the shower it appears like I might be able to cut through and make an access panel, but I wanted to see if there was something I was missing so that I could avoid cutting into my shower.

Any thoughts on either of these? Thanks in advance,

Zoid
Zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 15:08   #2

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka
Re: Lagoon 380 quirks - anyone have any ideas?

1) The fresh water foot pump faucet "spits" every time the fresh water pump repressurizes the lines. It isn't a big deal (as long as the faucet doesn't get positioned away from the sink!), but in some sailing grounds I'd prefer to save water rather than lose a spit every time the pump goes off. I can lock the faucet, but wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Any thoughts? Just keep it closed. mine will do this to if i keep it open.

2) I have the owners version and wanted to get access to the starboard side holding tank. I can access the top of the tank through a circular access hatch, but there appears to be NO WAY to get to the bottom of the tank. From the bathroom forward it is nothing but a fiberglass mold. In the shower it appears like I might be able to cut through and make an access panel, but I wanted to see if there was something I was missing so that I could avoid cutting into my shower. Just remove the wall. and you will get to the tank. well it is like that in our 2011 mod.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 22:57   #3

Boat: Lagoon 400

Holding tank access:
I had a similar problem on our L400. There was only an access to the inspection hatch of the holding tank but no access to the top of the tank (where all the hoses are connected to the tank top).
I have bought a 8' circular hatch cover, cut a hole in the GRP wall at the proper place and installed the cover there.
Now we have two circular openings in the wall and while the access still is not ideal it is acceptable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Holding tank - access hatch cover.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	93075  
Old 10-12-2014, 12:50   #4

Boat: Lagoon 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirriba View Post
Holding tank access:
I had a similar problem on our L400. There was only an access to the inspection hatch of the holding tank but no access to the top of the tank (where all the hoses are connected to the tank top).
I have bought a 8' circular hatch cover, cut a hole in the GRP wall at the proper place and installed the cover there.
Now we have two circular openings in the wall and while the access still is not ideal it is acceptable.
That might just be my best option. Thanks!
Zoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 380