Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 12:38   #31
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: March Giveaway: Questions & Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah719 View Post
3. How did you get along with finding a home for the three legged dog?
I didn't. I had a few offers, but only from the USA, and as I was discussing it with the shelter manager, I was informed she's been approved for acceptance into a DC shelter. Therefore, we'll be shipping her there on tenth March. I figured it would be cheaper for CF members if they'd still like to adopt her to ship her from DC than from Kuwait!!!
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:07   #32
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Sailing with a Three Legged Dog

For those of you who are following Maya's story, I have to take her back to the shelter tomorrow. She is being sent to a shelter in DC, where I truly hope she gets adopted quickly, and has just as much chance to run free and build more strength.

I am so proud of how well she has come along given the freedom we have given her to run with the pack, and here's a clip I took on our last walk with her today. It's not been edited, cos I've got a new laptop with Windows8 which doesn't seem to want to run Moviemaker! Anyway, here she is:

Mar 3, 2013 5:10am | Facebook
Old 03-03-2013, 07:04   #33
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Happy dogs!
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:02   #34
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Happy dogs!
I know. I was supposed to take Maya back to shelter yesterday, but got sick, so the dog guy came to collect her. SShe was happy enough to see the dog guy, but when I got her leash, and she realised she was to go with him, she scarpered, and bolted upstairs. It broke my heart to see her taken away, and I balled y eyes out last night. STill am, a little. I SO would like to hear that one of us has taken her from the shelter in DC and given her a good home!

This is where she's going: The Washington Animal Rescue League
Pleeeease, help. You see the progress she made when running free with other dogs, builind muscle and stamina and spirit... this is what she needs. In the shelter she was just shrinking into herself.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:30   #35
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
I know. I was supposed to take Maya back to shelter yesterday, but got sick, so the dog guy came to collect her. SShe was happy enough to see the dog guy, but when I got her leash, and she realised she was to go with him, she scarpered, and bolted upstairs. It broke my heart to see her taken away, and I balled y eyes out last night. STill am, a little. I SO would like to hear that one of us has taken her from the shelter in DC and given her a good home!

This is where she's going: The Washington Animal Rescue League
Pleeeease, help. You see the progress she made when running free with other dogs, builind muscle and stamina and spirit... this is what she needs. In the shelter she was just shrinking into herself.
I think if someone put out the word that a 3 legged dog was to arrive in DC on a airplane from Kuwait that one of the local tv stations would do a short story on the savy ,3-legged world travling dog, that she would be snapped up in no time! I think I will contact one of the stations and get it started,if several of us call the same station over a short period of time it will work,anyone game ? When is she due to arrive Saucy?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:40   #36
Marine Service Provider

I just called this number in Dc, it is a Fox channel, I asked the guy if he had covered a story about the 3 legged dog fling in from Kuwait,he asked for more info , if someone else would call and ask for info thay may be intreged enough to do a cover story in a lifestyles type of story..202-895-3000. everybody give um a call and maybe call some other stations..
Old 05-03-2013, 07:28   #37

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
I think if someone put out the word that a 3 legged dog was to arrive in DC on a airplane from Kuwait that one of the local tv stations would do a short story on the savy ,3-legged world travling dog, that she would be snapped up in no time! I think I will contact one of the stations and get it started,if several of us call the same station over a short period of time it will work,anyone game ? When is she due to arrive Saucy?
Oh, well done Tropical! Great thought. It will really improve the chances of Maya finding a good home. It will give Saucy peace of mind. It must be really hard to let go of a 3 legged friend .

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:28   #38
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

TE, I just saw your posts and your PM. I sent a reply, but it's taking ages to send (internet is real crap here at the mo), so here's what I wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape
Hey Saucy,The fellow from the tv station called me back and asked about the flight the dog would be on..Can you share the info. about the time and place she will be coming in?..thanks,Daryl
Hey, I just saw your posts... that's awesome!! Thanks! All I know is she's leaving on 10th March, if you give me time, I have sent an email to both the shelter manager and the owner

YES!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:32   #39
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Oh, it will also be worth contacting the shelter in Washington. They are bound to know the details, and of course they will be handling this adoption and others stemming from the publicity, so they'd HAVE to be involved! Can you put the Fox guy and these guys in touch, perhaps? The Washington Animal Rescue League
Old 06-03-2013, 17:37   #40
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
Oh, it will also be worth contacting the shelter in Washington. They are bound to know the details, and of course they will be handling this adoption and others stemming from the publicity, so they'd HAVE to be involved! Can you put the Fox guy and these guys in touch, perhaps? The Washington Animal Rescue League
I gave the info to a reporter named Helen,hope it helps..
Old 07-03-2013, 01:23   #41
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Fingers crossed x
Old 07-03-2013, 01:34   #42
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Fingers crossed x

Tags
sailing