Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 08:21   #16

Boat: 1978 44 foot Camper & Nicholsons Ketch
Totally harsh, but having just read the heading and the first sentence before I knew it was a spoof...I complained to my husband that I am tired of the whole 'Old Man, Younger Woman' on a sailboat routine where the 'Old Man' is so impressed with his abilities ;0) Then I read on...

Ok, so I have to admit I laughed, ok, a lot...

But I am left to ponder which is more the great equalizer, the Ocean or some here at CF??? Both can deliver a spanking for sure!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:16   #17

Boat: PETERSON 44
So were off and surpised that no one picked up on our mathematical mistake. As near as I can tell we should only be 3 sheets to the wind not 6. So for a brief moment we were over sheeted. On the posative side this means we have extra sheets. The down side is for a little while everything was a mess. The deck seemed to be moving under our feat and we couldn't understand each other.
We just heard on the radio that later today we will be visited by the thunderstorms and some one named Gail will be accompanied by a group called the high winds. Thank god cause the only thing on this radio is a bunch of talk shows about fishing and then sometimes a guy comes on and wants us to listen to a report about lights that are out. uhhh dude its day light we don't need lights. Any way were really looking forward to this show
Old 01-08-2010, 10:08   #18

Boat: Camano Troll 31'
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
So were off and surpised that no one picked up on our mathematical mistake. As near as I can tell we should only be 3 sheets to the wind not 6. So for a brief moment we were over sheeted.
I picked it up but since there are two of you I thought it was about right.

Oh yes, say Hello to Gail and the High Winds for me. Have them play Bob Dylan's "Hurricane" they really do it well. (They also do a good "Rock You Like A Hurricane" But they need the full electric to do that.)
Old 01-08-2010, 10:52   #19

Boat: Jaguar 22 mono called Arfur.
If you find yourself moving away from the walky thing just waggle the lever at the back and get the sun to shine over the back of the boat. It's much nicer to be warm, and the wind is less trouble then.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:55   #20

Boat: Yamaha AR192
Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyChief
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
waggle
Main Entry: 1wag·gle
Pronunciation: \ˈwa-gəl\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): wag·gled; wag·gling \-g(ə-)liŋ\
Etymology: frequentative of 1wag
Date: 1588
intransitive verb : to reel, sway, or move from side to side : wagtransitive verb : to move frequently one way and the other
Old 01-08-2010, 11:06   #21

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Where are the photos of Sheila and her omelette????
regards,
Old 01-08-2010, 11:10   #22

oh great we were waggling earlier today and didnt know it was a naughtical thing to do. Sheila's up doing a pole dance trying to keep the boat from being blown hard against the short telephone pole. I mean shes wrapped around the thing feat on the rails. Im thinking dam shes never getting back on this boat. At this point were 6 sheets to the wind way way to many sheets. Im back waggling" that stick back and forth. The neighbor pops her head up from the door things they have on boats and said " Oh my" and then Yelled "Henry get up here now". Henry comes up and starts yelling at me do this that something but I cant quite hear him. Now that Im more aware of naughtical terms I think he was telling us to go waggle ourselves. Which is what we were trying to do. Poor Sheila has some really bad splinters from the short telephone pole.
I also want to say That I really like what Alex and Taru are doing and I think these journeys should not be compared. Alex and Taru rock and I would hope they enjoy their journey and keep doing what makes them happy.
Sabray and sheila (shes younger then me)
Old 01-08-2010, 11:16   #23

Quote:
Sheila's up doing a pole dance
Ah..now we know how you got the money for the

Quote:
blown hard against the short telephone pole.
You REALLY should not have told us this about yourself

Quote:
Im back waggling" that stick back and forth.
Good man, you hang in there

Quote:
Poor Sheila has some really bad splinters from the short telephone pole.
Hope you stock a very FULL first-aid kit
Old 01-08-2010, 12:04   #24

Boat: Samson C Ranger - "Tin Cup" & Samson C-Farer - "Sam McGee"
Yes, I caught the six sheets to the wind. Since I have only experienced three sheets to the wind I thought I would try it.

Everything got very fuzzy, the deck kept swaying, sometimes I felt like I was walking, but I think I was crawling, I had to take a nap, then I had to get up to the call of nature (but that's ok, the deck was getting very uncomfortable), take another nap ( I almost made it into the berth..)

Then when I wake up I find out there was a pole dance going on and I slept right through it.

Nope, only three sheets for me from now on.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:18   #25

Have you found the pedals yet? They work a treat!

That'll keep him busy for a bit. You keep on dancing, or whatever you call what you're doing to that - thingumy
Old 01-08-2010, 12:25   #26

no can't find the pedals. I think the engine is in park now. The little orange thing that points P F N R L1 and L2 is missing so we cant be sure. Adding that to the honey doo list. Are there any good stations on these boat radios ohhh my god.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:50   #27

Boat: Samson C Ranger - "Tin Cup" & Samson C-Farer - "Sam McGee"
Eleven,

I think I just caught on to "the pedals". I am anxious to hear his take on them.

But you may have to drop them a hint.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:51   #28

LOL..I'm still waiting for thehint..I can find the knobs..but pedals?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:56   #29

No, they aren't like the pedals in a car, they ARE SOFT AND SQUISHY. Just keep pressing them and ignore the screams from outside. She'll soon get used to the cold shower situation. All part of the fun. Perhaps you should stop for a while though, the walky thing by your boat is sinking, too many soles pressing it into the lumpy stuff.
Very sensible of you to choose a young wench with her own lifebelt. Safety first.
And you'll never be short of company.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:59   #30

The Radio thing. Before we left we were told by well wishers we really should listen to station 16. Its kinda a like an open mic channel but no one says anything really. Mostly people using weird names asking other people with weird names to come in. Its at least commercial free so it must be run by NPR.
After Gail and the highwinds didnt show like promised we decided to give it a try. For our first broadcast we decided to try queens "we will rock you". In hindsight it might have been a little more of a challenging piece the we were up for. WE got a pretty good stomping sound by jumping up and down on the floorboards. I hit my head a few times but I dont think any one noticed.
Any way when we finished we thought it was pretty good. But what we found were a bunch of really angry boaters who called us all kinds of names.Somebody kept saying that station 16 was for emergency broadcasts only. Let me tell you we listened to that dam station all day and didn't hear one broadcast that sounded like an emergency. Im a little biased on this point but I think we had the best broadcast all day.
Were going to try our luck catching the bounty of the sea today (fishing). The waters are filled with swimming things. There are these really pretty translucent mushroom shaped fish that come right up to the boat and let you pet them. If I can catch a few Im thinking mushroom fish omlette with a sharp cheese and onions.
Closed Thread