Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-01-2022, 08:38   #1

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3
Boat Prices Seattle vs Florida

Hi all,

W've been stuck in Port Angels WA for a couple of years now due to Covid - our plans to sail to Alaska delayed. Ok - Looks like Canada will remain open this year so we are planning on taking in our lines in early may and heading north.

We haven't been sure about our plans after that - should we go back out across the pacific (we have many fond memories of French Polynesia) and try to complete the circumnavigation
or
Sail south, back through the Panama Canal and from there back to Denmark with diverse stops along the way.

If we take the back through the canal route, then we will have a passage east across the Atlantic. Vinni and I have sailed enough passages that we don't need to sail another one.

Boat prices in Seattle are extremely high - people tell us that we can get at least $100,000 more for our boat there than we can in Denmark (tons of great boats for sale in Denmark).

But how do Florida prices stack up against the Seattle prices? We' love to explore Central America and the western Caribbean - so perhaps we should consider selling Capri in Florida?

Anyone have any concrete knowledge?

Capri is a 2006 Jeanneau Sun Fast 40 feet. We have so far sailed her over 30K nm in blue water. She is a fast and comfortable boat - 2 cabins and fully rigged with everything imaginable in the way of off-shore cruising - watermaker, radar, SSB, Sat Phone, you name - it is there. Newish sails, new rigging

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, florida, price, seattle