Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2014, 09:30   #11
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: Your Experiences with Composting Heads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
But still no firsthand experience?
I've had enough friends with them to have gathered all the info I need to know to make my own decision. Isn't that how things work since we can't buy and use every piece of gear personally? I also don't have first hand experience with the bucket and Chuck-it approach. I don't need first hand experience to know that a roll up floor dinghy wouldn't work for our lifestyle, I can see and watch folks at the dinghy dock to form a pretty darm good opinion. Cruising without refrigeration would not work, or only having a 3.5GPH water maker would not work for me. I don't have to cruise without a water maker to know that I would personally never want to do it. I think that 7yrs of full time cruiser/living aboard makes me qualified to have and share an opinion on what I think will work an won't work for me. What's with this eveyone has to have the same opinon on thing or people get offended?

Look, people's gear choices and lifestyles are personal choices and people always seem to take offence when other think their choices/decisions are crazy or not the choices they would make (heck my entire family thinks we are crazy for going to Mexico and now still living aboard). If you love a composting head, fabulous. Share that experience and all of us with holding tanks and Lectrascans are happy for you. We love our lectrascan, but I don't treat people that don't have a Lectrascan as Boobs for expressing an opinon about them if they haven't had one, maybe they have done their homework and decided on another approach?
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, head, posting