Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-11-2016, 09:26   #1
h20

Charge 7 day trip $$$ ????

Have a family of four wants a seven day trip. I told them it would be a good deal if they did the food and cooking. I only did buddy boat and crew.
So whatcha think? $200 per day? thnks
h20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 12:17   #2
cruiser

Boat: beneteau catameran blue 2
Re: Charge 7 day trip $$$ ????

The moorings rental program charges $5200 for 7 days but ya if you feel comfortable with that sure
doug45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 14:01   #3

Boat: Beneteau 393

Are you a certified captain? What liability insurance do you have? What if a passenger is hit in the head by a swinging boom and disabled for life?

When you charge for services you open yourself to lots of liability.
Mark Stillwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 15:41   #4

Boat: Solaris Sunstar 36' catamaran

Where are you located? Business license? Captains license? Insurance? Boat up to snuff? All required safety equipment?
No jealous professional charter captains around who might turn you in for not being legal?

No worries mate lol.
Old 14-12-2016, 16:21   #5
cruiser

Boat: beneteau catameran blue 2

boy must me a bunch of lawyers in here!! If you explain yourself with what you are doing and safe just do it my goodness!!
doug45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 17:08   #6

Boat: Beneteau First 375

I don't think the Coast Guard sees it that way. Sure, they'll probably never find out, but if they do...
sandy stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 19:11   #7

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20 View Post
Have a family of four wants a seven day trip. I told them it would be a good deal if they did the food and cooking. I only did buddy boat and crew.
So whatcha think? $200 per day? thnks
Sorry, I am not understanding, here. You're going to be someone's buddy boat and you expect $200 per day, with them to feed and cook for you?

Or do you intend to have a family of four who are unknown to you on board your boat, which you will sail with them as passengers for a week? (a skippered charter, as it were)

Where would this be done? Are overnight sails involved?

What I think is that what you are asking is unanswerable because we don't really know what any of the intentions are, if you could make the proposal clearer, it would really help.

How will liability issues be addressed? What happens if someone has to leave the boat? If the first option, where are the family of four going to get a boat and why do they need a buddy boat?

Archived here on CF, the late "monte", posted a copy of the contracts he required crew to sign. It was a lot about defining who was going to be responsible for what, including who cleaned the head and when. See if you can find it in the archives here, it will help clarify your thinking. Another CF member "jackdale" also published one, in the same thread about taking on crew, earlier this year.
Ann
Old 14-12-2016, 19:55   #8

Boat: Seawind 1200 TEC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post
Sorry, I am not understanding, here. You're going to be someone's buddy boat and you expect $200 per day, with them to feed and cook for you?

Or do you intend to have a family of four who are unknown to you on board your boat, which you will sail with them as passengers for a week? (a skippered charter, as it were)

Where would this be done? Are overnight sails involved?

What I think is that what you are asking is unanswerable because we don't really know what any of the intentions are, if you could make the proposal clearer, it would really help.

How will liability issues be addressed? What happens if someone has to leave the boat? If the first option, where are the family of four going to get a boat and why do they need a buddy boat?

Archived here on CF, the late "monte", posted a copy of the contracts he required crew to sign. It was a lot about defining who was going to be responsible for what, including who cleaned the head and when. See if you can find it in the archives here, it will help clarify your thinking. Another CF member "jackdale" also published one, in the same thread about taking on crew, earlier this year.
Ann
Ann
I have not been around here as much over the last six months so Sorry for the drift "the late monte" ?
Chris
Mirage Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 20:17   #9

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage Gecko View Post
Ann
I have not been around here as much over the last six months so Sorry for the drift "the late monte" ?
Chris
Earlier this year:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...te-166014.html
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote