Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2023, 14:27   #1

Boat: Columbia 8.3
Wanted - Random Columbia 8.3 Parts

I was really fortunate to buy a Columbia 8.3 that has become my home away from home. However, there are a few parts of her missing that I’d love to replace to make more comfortable or functional. If you have any idea where I can procure them, please let me know.

1 - Sofa / settee cushions. Both berths are missing the seatbacks and cushions - incredibly painful to sit on since you can’t put your back against something.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1673908012.468173.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	270168

2 - random missing light (I think?) on the electrical panel.

Name:	IMG_1673908026.482512.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	270169

3 - cabin fold-up table
SailingGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2023, 16:38   #2

Boat: Colimbia 8.7M
Re: Wanted - Random Columbia 8.3 Parts

Grant,

The "hole" in picture 2 to the right of the electrical panel is for a 12v (cigarette socket) spotlight. The one on my 8.7M was one of the first things changed out to USB plugs.

IF you post some photos of the cabin where the table is supposed to be, it would help a lot.

FWIW...
drphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2023, 18:32   #3

Boat: Tartan 3800

Cushions - On my Morgan 24 of similar vintage I made new cushions out of foam and fabric at the local Jo-Ann fabric store. You can also get materials from Sailrite.com (probably higher quality and more fit for purpose though perhaps more expensive). If you do not have skills you can pay an upholstery place to make them but it's going to cost.

Light, as posted upthread, in this era it was common to install a cigarette lighter outlet on boats with a "map light" installed in it. These are still available and a google search for "marine map light cigarette lighter" will turn up many, see for example https://www.marinedepotdirect.com/st...light-alt.html - But as posted upthread these are obsolete in the LED/lithium battery era and you may want to replace it with something more useful.

Table - the reason it's missing is that on a boat that size it's always in the way and somewhere along the line someone decided it wasn't worth it and stored it off the boat. You will have trouble finding an original but if you want to experiment with tables -- possibly a smaller one for example -- you can determine what fittings you have and see if you can find mating ones. Try a search for "dinette table brackets" and see if you find anything that looks familiar.
Old 17-01-2023, 03:42   #4

Boat: Columbia 8.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drphill View Post
Grant,

The "hole" in picture 2 to the right of the electrical panel is for a 12v (cigarette socket) spotlight. The one on my 8.7M was one of the first things changed out to USB plugs.

IF you post some photos of the cabin where the table is supposed to be, it would help a lot.

FWIW...

Thank you sir! I’ll head to West Marine and get one of those sockets right away.

Posting photos of where the fold-down table should go. Previous owner put in a fixed pedestal table, but as I understand it the fold-down table permitted more room when stowed, but also spread across the breadth of the cabin so two couples could dine together across from each other.

Name:	IMG_1673955739.755279.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	270183

Name:	IMG_1673955750.573286.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	270184
SailingGrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags