Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2018, 20:32   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ellis Flybridge 28
Re: Listen Lurkers

Nobody has asked the obvious question. How the heck did that guy recognize Sailorboy? Does he actually look like his avatar?
Old 06-12-2018, 20:39   #17

did someone say..... GUN THREAD?!?!@?

Old 06-12-2018, 20:45   #18
cruiser

Boat: OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
yes it would be nice to hear more from those gay,feminist,newly immigrated,coloured and young cruiser lurkers that are out there.
jimmy buffet ,like the dinosaurs and gun threads are so last centuary.
lets hear what really rattles the boxes of millenial cruisers....
I don't know that "gay,feminist,newly immigrated,coloured and young cruiser" people are going to be heard from in any significant numbers on this forum. Their world is much more progressive than CF.

Maybe as the boomers all drop off and Gen X are retiring and are the silver haired, or bald, generation they will. Maybe not.

I wrote a longer post with some ideas of how the forum could go about fixing that but I fear it would be taken the wrong way and it's not worth the hassle [emoji16] not aimed at, or a criticism, of you atoll. I'd love to see more of these people in this forum, too.
Old 07-12-2018, 00:21   #19

Boat: Catalina 470

My user name is my real name, not sure this a good thing.. Lol. Every now and then someone I know says "I was researching this and I saw you had an opinion on cruisers forum", I then wonder who else reads Cf that knows me but dosent let on that he's sees my "world according to Dale" views... Lol.

It's easy to forget sometimes it's a forum open to everyone.. Yikes!
Old 07-12-2018, 00:35   #20
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
We need your crazy male cow fecal matter (see how I have to be PC) to keep the place going and I need the cover sometimes.

Get with it you gutless lurkers!!!!!
I don't care if you wish to be PC, I'm OK with that. I'm also getting used to LBQIT and such like but I draw the line at "male cow" - it is a non sequitur.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 07-12-2018, 00:35   #21

Boat: TBD

I have no valuable sailing knowledge to bring to the table yet, therefore I try to limit myself to questions and topics where I have a bit of expertise such as diving.

I've tried to resist the urge to participate to Religion/Politics/Climate change threads with limited success so far.

However, I'll start looking for a boat come April, so you can expect much more participation as I get into the chaos of buying a boat and setting it up.
Old 07-12-2018, 00:51   #22

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
yes it would be nice to hear more from those gay,feminist,newly immigrated,coloured and young cruiser lurkers that are out there.
Sounds like a pretty small group of people......... unless you include white and/or pinkish amongst the coloureds.... I would probably be classified as 'mottled' these days so that still excludes me....
Old 07-12-2018, 00:55   #23

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
I don't care if you wish to be PC, I'm OK with that. I'm also getting used to LBQIT and such like but I draw the line at "male cow" - it is a non sequitur.
Here is a 'male cow' for you...

The animator really should get out more...

Old 07-12-2018, 01:48   #24

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texlan View Post
did someone say..... BUN THREAD?!?!@?
Think you miss heard, must have been talking about sticky buns for NAAFI break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopCar View Post
Nobody has asked the obvious question. How the heck did that guy recognize Sailorboy? Does he actually look like his avatar?
Clearly as an upstanding member of CF, his house flag flown just below the CF burgee is quite unique, easily recognised and never forgotten. I wonder were he got the male moo cow pooh graphic from to have it printed on a house flag?
Old 07-12-2018, 03:27   #25

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttex View Post
I have a username....but I have been too busy cleaning and fixing pools so I can buy my first sailboat. I have started two different businesses with the sole purpose of saving up for a sailboat. It has been a few years but my wife and I are almost there.

We are pretty dead set on getting ourselves a Baba 35 to fix up.

I will post more when I have some real questions. For example, "How does one go about sailing a boat?".

Hey ! A fellow pool man ! I'm in the same water you are. Welcome, and go ahead and post those questions. I've been cleaning pools and sailing my little stretch of water for over 20 years now. My advice would be to get something small and cheap like a Catalina 22 now and have some fun learning to sail now. It won't break the budget and you'll know so much more when it comes time for that Baba 35.

All my “Crazy male cow fecal matter” I try to put on my YouTube Channel !

Old 07-12-2018, 03:30   #26
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Sounds like a pretty small group of people......... unless you include white and/or pinkish amongst the coloureds.... I would probably be classified as 'mottled' these days so that still excludes me....
yes classic mistake,i forgot to include myself and should have commented thus;
"on behalf of all impoverished boat owning middle class white ex colonial african circumnavigators"yes it would be nice to hear more from those gay,feminist,newly immigrated,coloured and young cruiser lurkers that are out there.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:47   #27

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post

So here's the point, now listen up lurkers:

You need to get a username etc. and start posting your our crap crazy thread questions and answer questions like the settee experts we all are. I've been here a while (before I have ever stepped foot on a sailboat) and only have a limited number of crazy crap and reponces (sic) left in me. If you lurker newbies don't step up this place will continue down the endless "be nice only" posts and lose it's entertainment value (and that's the reason we all are mostly here).
Some of us use for entertainment, some of us use as our social world, some of us use for learning, others use to ask questions.

Reasons and are generally accepted here on Reason is tolerated because we don't know that they exist, but reason is generally despised by all the voluminous posers here on . Newbies asking questions routinely get a response from someone like this "This has been discussed thousands of times here on Do a search dummy.

Sooooooooooo, all you guys (not ) that want more people to post you need to refrain from chasing them away with your know-it-all attitudes, and either ignore them or help them find the information that they are desiring.
jon (my real name)
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
Old 07-12-2018, 04:36   #28
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Listen Lurkers

Quote:
yes classic mistake,i forgot to include myself and should have commented thus;
"on behalf of all impoverished boat owning middle class white ex colonial african circumnavigators"yes it would be nice to hear more from those gay,feminist,newly immigrated,coloured and young cruiser lurkers that are out there.
Hey Atoll.. When did you get promoted.. thought you were 'Po white trash' like me..

Or have you an Oyster or custom Jongert tucked away somewhere

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
While the 'useful idiots' of the West pay to dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:56   #29
CLOD

Boat: none

As expected mostly the same old fart posters. I will admit that some getting close to the colorful posting of years gone by, bit fear is holding them back.

Where's the younger lurkers that know how to post videos like "cows got guns" in post #23? That was a pretty serious and educational documentary and we could use more of those!
Old 07-12-2018, 05:18   #30
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Hey Atoll.. When did you get promoted.. thought you were 'Po white trash' like me..

Or have you an Oyster or custom Jongert tucked away somewhere
it has happened since austerity,nothing really changed for me(apart from that we can no longer afford to eat meat) but thanks to our government they have evolved a few more underclasses below my New middle class status of "Just about managing" or JAMS class.........

i can now look down on those that have 3 jobs but still need benefits to pay the rent,
those on benefits with no hope of ever finding a job,
also the homeless,(i have a boat,so technically not homeless)
immigrants,even if they are highly qualified.
The Disabled
rough sleepers.
Spice users
Lunatics.
UKIP voters etc
Closed Thread