Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2018, 13:59   #1
CLOD

Boat: none
Listen Lurkers

Yesterday I came back to the marina slip after, well something for a different story.

Right after I docked at night one of my dock mates that I hadn't met before (I've been here a month) stopped on his way back from dog walking to tell us we had our running lights on (yeah had only just pulled in and were putting lines etc on). During talking a while he out of nowhere asks "Are you on CF?", to which I reply yes. Then he says "Are you Sailorboy?", which I again answer yes.

Now this has happened numerous times now out of the blue and it amazes me sometimes, and at other times it creeps me out like I'm being stalked by internet forum pervs. The conversion continues and I ask him his user name, because maybe I want to read how crazy the guy down the dock is, and he saids "I don't have one and just read it".

So here's the point, now listen up lurkers:

You need to get a username etc. and start posting your our crap crazy thread questions and answer questions like the settee experts we all are. I've been here a while (before I have ever stepped foot on a sailboat) and only have a limited number of crazy crap and reponses left in me. If you lurker newbies don't step up this place will continue down the endless "be nice only" posts and lose it's entertainment value (and that's the reason we all are mostly here). If you don't my crazy posts stand out and even though they aren't nothing compared to the fun of CF back say 5 years ago, I get a warning or strike for hardly anything to my mind because I was here "way" back and that's how I think of the place.

We need your crazy male cow fecal matter (see how I have to be PC) to keep the place going and I need the cover sometimes.

Get with it you gutless lurkers!!!!!
Old 06-12-2018, 14:26   #2

Boat: Columbia 8.7
Re: Listen Lurkers

I don't think you'd want to read my stories about browsing Defender and fixing my tarp.
Old 06-12-2018, 14:27   #3
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFS Klopas View Post
I don't think you'd want to read my stories about browsing Defender and fixing my tarp.
I might! Post it and let's find out.
Old 06-12-2018, 14:44   #4

Ok.

Two weeks ago my tarp I found on Craigslist gor a boat 10' larger than mine was flopping around in a 20-30 kt blow + rain. I had bought these tiny spring clamps from K Mart that I thought somehow would hold. A couple of larger clamps that sell for $1 per did hold. So after 20 minutes of that I was dizzy and tired because I wasn't eating recovering from surgery. I got down the ladder and barely made it to the bathroom before passing out. I then bought more $1 clamps at Home Depot

That was the most interesting thing to happen to my boat in the last 3 months. Now you know why I avoid posting.

And holy ****, me giving advice is the worst possible idea. It's bad enough you wasted time reading that, but spending thousands based on what I say?!?!
Old 06-12-2018, 14:50   #5

Boat: 1985 Ericson 32-3

LOL - Yup, people coming up and "knowing" you can be creepy.

That said and as a noob, I've learned a lot from the posts of you and others on CF. Thanks
Old 06-12-2018, 14:50   #6

Boat: Baba 35

I have a username....but I have been too busy cleaning and fixing pools so I can buy my first sailboat. I have started two different businesses with the sole purpose of saving up for a sailboat. It has been a few years but my wife and I are almost there.

We are pretty dead set on getting ourselves a Baba 35 to fix up.

I will post more when I have some real questions. For example, "How does one go about sailing a boat?".
Old 06-12-2018, 16:33   #7
cruiser

“Crazy male cow fecal matter”
Old 06-12-2018, 16:43   #8

Gee, and here I thought that sailorboy could usually say in three words what everyone else would take three paragraphs to do.

Newbies, join up!

Please.

Inbreeding is bad for our collective health.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 06-12-2018, 16:48   #9
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFS Klopas View Post
Ok.

Two weeks ago my tarp I found on Craigslist gor a boat 10' larger than mine was flopping around in a 20-30 kt blow + rain. I had bought these tiny spring clamps from K Mart that I thought somehow would hold. A couple of larger clamps that sell for $1 per did hold. So after 20 minutes of that I was dizzy and tired because I wasn't eating recovering from surgery. I got down the ladder and barely made it to the bathroom before passing out. I then bought more $1 clamps at Home Depot

That was the most interesting thing to happen to my boat in the last 3 months. Now you know why I avoid posting.

And holy ****, me giving advice is the worst possible idea. It's bad enough you wasted time reading that, but spending thousands based on what I say?!?!
sounds crappy and material for a longer story
Old 06-12-2018, 16:54   #10
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
“Crazy male cow fecal matter”
male Bos taurus crap
Old 06-12-2018, 17:17   #11

Boat: Catalina 30

Dude you are famous now!!!!...…..either that or you are the ONE...... NEO, oh wait did I let the secret out?. Can you really see the matrix? I mean I'm sure you wouldn't tell me if you could, but seriously is it hard to live in zero's and one's? Tell Trinity I said Hey I've definitely had a huge crush for a long time .
Old 06-12-2018, 18:32   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
sounds crappy and material for a longer story
Exactly! That's why we don't post, because we don't have anything interesting to say.

Lots of people make fun of Dock Queens here, but the reason they exist is because people don'thave time to go out. Most boating around here is go out, take a few laps and head back. The only reason people even have anchors is so the skipper can join in the drinking before everyone returns to the marina. Maybe 1% of the slips in my marina are full time live aboard, but 25% dont have anchors ready to deploy.

Me having enough free time to get my boat seaworthy puts me in the top 10% for free time and it still took a year to put in the 60 hours of work necessary and it's gonna take 2 more years to fix the other stuff busted when I bought it. And then when you want to round people up to go, most lubbers think you're nuts to go out in more than a 2' chop.

So when we come here, a place that caters to the 1% of people who cruise among the 1% of people who own ocean going boats and further divide that by the sunset who are out more than two weeks a year, you're talking about a tiny fraction of people who can write posts that an experienced cruiser would find interesting. That group probably does not your marina neighbor.
Old 06-12-2018, 18:57   #13

I just bought solar panels and all the crap to charge batteries. Now I need to take the time to measure and sketch out a mounting arch. But you know the weather is looking nice for this weekend so I may just sail out and anchor somewhere. Mmmmm let me see measuring and sketching or sailing and drinking...
Old 06-12-2018, 19:04   #14

Boat: Catalina 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANET EXPRESS View Post
I just bought solar panels and all the crap to charge batteries. Now I need to take the time to measure and sketch out a mounting arch. But you know the weather is looking nice for this weekend so I may just sail out and anchor somewhere. Mmmmm let me see measuring and sketching or sailing and drinking...
This is the problem we had growing up on our last boat and that we could never fix the porthole leaks. When it was raining we couldn't fix them because of the rain and when it was sunny we couldn't fix them because we were out sailing. It is amazing we didn't sink because we found every excuse not to fix things and every excuse to just enjoy the boat.
Old 06-12-2018, 19:44   #15
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

yes it would be nice to hear more from those gay,feminist,newly immigrated,coloured and young cruiser lurkers that are out there.
jimmy buffet ,like the dinosaurs and gun threads are so last centuary.
lets hear what really rattles the boxes of millenial cruisers....
Closed Thread