Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2020, 13:32   #61

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Re: Russian spy ship right in my next rumb line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Absolutely true. During my time as a US Navy airborne combat information center operator, I saw how one sided it was the way NORAD denied the Russians access to the world's air space. But we tracked our Blackbirds flying out of Russia obviously without clearance.

The Bay of Pigs invasion was a cover up for an operation northwoods style false flag attack. Being a genius math geek, I didn't do much on my routine watches, so that I would be rested if things got real busy and they needed me to run the plot table. I noticed that Cuban war planes out of Havana would momentarily disappear under our radar as they circled around toward the Bay of Pigs. The US and Cuba were so close together that we were too close, and everyone was watching the Bay of Pigs battle. I took the very unusual step of watching under us with the height finder radar. Height finder was normally manned only for controlling intercepts. I picked up a Cuban attack plane flying low on the water, radar transponder off, radio silence, no request for clearance into the US ADIZ, no call for air control. An obvious bombing run. I informed the CIC crew and they pointed the main search antenna down, got him intercepted and forced down at Key West Naval Air Station. I expected a silver star medal, but instead, me and the whole crew were locked in the plane for an hour waiting for Curtis Lemay to show up. Lights were turned off so we couldn't recognize him, but his big silouette was easy to figure out from pictures. He threatened us with court martial if we breathed a work about anything on the flight. He ranted us into terror. We choked to keep silent as our ground crew made fun of us for wasting our time out there flying while they got to watch a Cuban war plane get forced down, towed into the woods and covered with tarps. The pilot was CIA. The story is in the history books. Anyone with an inkling of military knowledge will know how fake the history book story is. All made up to keep the American public and President Kennedy in the dark.
As a piece of history the whole Bay of Pigs thing will never be known. I went to college with a Marine, that had been a sea going bell hope on a carrier. He said our plane were leaving fully loaded and were coming back empty. They may have been dropping the ordinance in the ocean for ll he knew?
I always wondered what prompted that comment.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 22:45   #62

Boat: Almarine modified Bruce Roberts NY65SL

The US weapons industry is one trillion dollars annually

Every congressman is bribing and corrupting to get projects and money for his state. Along with that the establishment powers want more power, glory and a booming economy. Most of them actually believe their own war mongering propaganda. Oblivious to the hundreds of millions of women and children they kill.

All those weapons have to go somewhere. We force the middle east oil country to buy, Coerce, bribe and fear monger Japan, South Korea and Taiwan in buy billions. We should give North Korea a sales commission every time they test a missile.

We open up 1000 military bases all over the world, each with a weapons depot or warehouse to hide the over production of weapons in.

And get rid of some military aircraft. send phony messages to unarmed US Navy patrol aircraft tricking them into flying into Soviet Navy airspace to get shot down. I was missile locked so many times that I lost count, The Russians were not stupid enough to shoot us down. They just warned us away with a missile lock. But of course accidents happen when you play war games, but the official report says that the aircraft with 8 tons of mil spec electronics, a 26 man crew, and 28 hours of fuel got lost and ran out of fuel at sea. LOL The Navy's way of robbing the war mongers of a propaganda opportunity. Everything is fake news and fake history.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 13:20   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisa View Post
The ship was definitely a spy ship monitoring submarine traffic from the base in New London, CT.
US Coast Guard Academy and the USCG Station are in New London, CT.

USN Sub Base is on the other side of the Thames River in Groton, Ct.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 14:40   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
US Coast Guard Academy and the USCG Station are in New London, CT.

USN Sub Base is on the other side of the Thames River in Groton, Ct.
if they wanted to monitor boomers it would be King's Bay Georgia.
Old 09-01-2020, 22:13   #65

I was invited to Kings Bay for a "Tiger cruise" or "dependents cruise" on the USS Rhode Island Trident missile submarine. It is actually the shake down cruise just before a six month underwater deployment.

I did a really interesting sonar watch being taught the sounds of propellers and sea creatures. I watched the plot table work, and was introduced to the amazing inertial navigation system. My host let me sleep in his bunk. I noticed huge pipes at my head and at my feet I asked my friend if those were the trident missile tubes. He answered yes, and I asked how he could sleep for six months between at least 8 nuclear war heads. He quietly answered that the tubes were empty. "We only carry a few cruise missiles". and that the trident missiles were stored in a warehouse somewhere.

Just one more example of stimulating the economy and jobs, and getting a congressman reelected with enormous amounts of Federal Reserve printed money. We are the richest nation on Earth because we have the world's reserve currency, backed by military force.

History teaches the horror and evil of men like Stalin and Hitler. In some countries, US President Woodrow Wilson is at the top of the list. Why? Because he signed the Federal Reserve Act into Law, providing financing for endless wars and supplies of weapons that kill hundreds of millions, most of them non combattant civilians.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:27   #66

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightsusan View Post
"The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming." I've been listening to this tired old B.S. since my youth in the 1940's (just after the Russians won WWII for us by bogging the Nazi's down on the Western Front at the cost of 26 million dead Russians). I was taught to hide under my school desk for protection against incoming Russian nukes. I was kept posted on the location of the nearest fallout shelter with supplies stocked against the nuclear winter. I watched while we ringed all of mother Russia with NATO missiles and then went bonkers when they responded by sending some of theirs to Cuba. I was aghast as we funded, armed, and trained Islamic fanatics to launch a guerilla war against Russians trying to protect their flank against terrorism. Now they're interfering in our elections, responsible for Killary Clinton loosing her abysmally run campaign against Donald Trump. I'm old enough and informed enough to know fake news when I hear it. The ongoing attack on Russia, who should be one of our best allies, is the most fake of all the news of today.
The Russians are already here...Puttin's Errand Boy is in the White House.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:37   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
The Russians are already here...Puttin's Errand Boy is in the White House.
Expats. don't get a vote.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:39   #68

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Expats. don't get a vote.
Actually, yes they do...and they pay USA taxes too.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:50   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
Actually, yes they do...and they pay USA taxes too.
I'll look into it since you surprised me. This is the wrong place for political views.
Old 10-01-2020, 14:51   #70

Boat: Hunter 37 Cheribini

Well, getting back to Russian Spy Ships, look what they're doing in the Sea of Arabia!
https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia...abian-sea-navy
Apollo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 15:31   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo366 View Post
Well, getting back to Russian Spy Ships, look what they're doing in the Sea of Arabia!
https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia...abian-sea-navy
I can't help but think someone was asleep on the bridge. I doubt it was a show of force. Maybe harassment
Old 10-01-2020, 16:45   #72

Boat: Hunter 37 Cheribini

Quote:
I can't help but think someone was asleep on the bridge. I doubt it was a show of force. Maybe harassment
yes very much harassment SOP by RU ever since cold war.
Apollo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 13:05   #73

Quote:
I'll look into it since you surprised me. This is the wrong place for political views.

Income taxes are not a political view, they are are an out of control burden. Only two countries in the world tax citizens on money earned in another country. The US and Eritria.

Eritria is a backwater province that broke away from Ethiopia. And everyone knows how Ethiopians live, (and starve). The rich and "free" US nation keeps some very strange company.

The point is that you are a criminal if you fail to pay US income taxes on any money you earn abroad, such as work ashore while cruising, chartering income, or payments from crew.
Old 12-01-2020, 13:24   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Income taxes are not a political view, they are are an out of control burden. Only two countries in the world tax citizens on money earned in another country. The US and Eritria.

Eritria is a backwater province that broke away from Ethiopia. And everyone knows how Ethiopians live, (and starve). The rich and "free" US nation keeps some very strange company.

The point is that you are a criminal if you fail to pay US income taxes on any money you earn abroad, such as work ashore while cruising, chartering income, or payments from crew.
The wrong forum.
Old 16-01-2020, 15:55   #75

Boat: Sabre 402

And perhaps they’ve been out there waiting for this:

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...itary-exercise

looking to determine what happens when we do things...
psk125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grass, rum, Russia