Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-03-2021, 22:58   #21

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 50 G5
Re: Joker valve do I need one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickyrick View Post
This will be the first time that I've had two do any work on my electric toilet. The water in the bowl just swirls around I've seen posts where it refers to replacing the Joker valve. I'm wondering why I actually need one. My sewage holding tank is well below the bottom of the toilet there's no way that waste would feedback into the bowl so I'm thinking I should be able to just remove the Joker valve. Any opinions thank you
If the water is just swirling around in the bowl, I would be removing the macerator pump in the base (assuming this is the type you have) and checking the impeller and macerator blades. Sounds like they are fouled by something.

I would also not be in a hurry to remove the joker valve. They are not perfect, but worth having, even in your case. Otherwise, install a ball valve in the waste discharge line, but that's a hassle every time.