Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2017, 19:20   #16

Re: Hull Deck Joint Repair

I just read that the back stay was damaged. That means a higher than designed load was placed on all the hardware involved, including the other end on the mast, all of which may have been damaged as well as the mast itself.... What a bummer. Be sure and get that all inspected, and noted by the insurance adjuster. And the above-mentioned notes on delamination are good advice. Good luck, Dave
Rough Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 14:09   #17

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415

So got the quotes back for repairs. $25k. Waiting to hear back from the insurance.
Old 07-11-2018, 14:32   #18

Boat: Morgan Out Island 28

Hi Dwedeking2, I know it is an old post by now but did the hull/deck repair actually end up costing 25K and who ended up doing it for you? My Morgan Out Island (1976, 28 foot) was bashed in Panama City by hurricane Michael four weeks ago and planning on keeping the boat and having the 12 tto 15 fiit hull/deck joint breach fixed but am having difficulty even getting it appraised because the boat yards in the area were all compromised as well. I'm attaching a photo or two of the damaged area.
CMO Tashina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:27   #19

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMO Tashina View Post
Hi Dwedeking2, I know it is an old post by now but did the hull/deck repair actually end up costing 25K and who ended up doing it for you? My Morgan Out Island (1976, 28 foot) was bashed in Panama City by hurricane Michael four weeks ago and planning on keeping the boat and having the 12 tto 15 fiit hull/deck joint breach fixed but am having difficulty even getting it appraised because the boat yards in the area were all compromised as well. I'm attaching a photo or two of the damaged area.
I ended up selling the boat to a dockmate who had experience in fiberglass and could do the work himself and bought a different boat. The biggest cost in the wuote was the labor pprtion.
Old 08-11-2018, 16:35   #20

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwedeking2 View Post
I ended up selling the boat to a dockmate who had experience in fiberglass and could do the work himself and bought a different boat. The biggest cost in the wuote was the labor pprtion.
That is nasty damage.

I'm quite sure your experienced dockmate could repair the damage but he would have to grind the damaged f/g away and rebuild the part again. (If it was me I'd use epoxy and fiberglass cloth)

Of course labor would be the major part of the cost

Clive
coopec43 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
deck, hull