Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 21:06   #1

Clear anti-fouling? - Protecting boat stripe

We just re-powered our Tartan 30 to electric, so we have a heavy motor and batteries installed. Logically, our boat is now way further below the waterline than before. Green beard, AH!! And on the beautiful red boat stripe too, which before was perfectly positioned barely above waterline.

So now we want to deal with the issue. Personally I would love to discover a clear anti-fouling which I can just apply to the cleaned surface of the red stripe. Or any other clear sealant that keeps anything from growing on it. The stripe is almost half covered and if I just sand that beard off and paint it with anti-fouling the stripe will be very skinny and pretty ugly. I'd like to keep it this wide and have it shine through the water....yes you can see the red stripe continues under the water!

I KNOW the right way would be to take the time, effort and money and sand the stripe completely off, paint it with anti fouling and REpaint the entire stripe.
Honestly, repainting the stripe sounds horrifying. The line is perfect right now!

HELP! Any suggestions? Ideas? Experiences like this and how you dealt with it?!!

Thank you
Pan30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anti-fouling, boat, rot