Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2022, 11:01   #16

Boat: Jeanneau SO409
Re: Help. Bow thruster malfunctioning

Anyone have a wiring diagram for the THC 1022? The only one I could find is for the TCD1022 that shows only four wires and my controller has 6.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9675.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	251427   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9674.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	251428  

Name:	IMG_9684.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	251429   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9700.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	251430  

bccoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2022, 12:17   #17

Help. Bow thruster malfunctioning

No but my uneducated guess is that this is the contactor and that you have some corrosion in it that makes the “contact plates” stick in either direction sometimes. Is it sealed? Or can you take it apart and look? I sanded my “contact plates” and put it together d as d off we went. Had to redo it like 5 years later. I don’t think it’s the control. If it is the control I would look at the helm and clean the contacts there.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6443.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	251432
Flod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2022, 12:47   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression

this is quick BTQ 185-85 bow thruster
wiring page 9
https://www.technicalmarinesupplies....-en-rev06c.pdf
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2022, 12:51   #19
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression

you need only 2 wire with +12 v on sx(for example left ) dx/right move) on the thruster.
no brain no nothing good any joystick switch Momentary 2 position 2NO Latching.
i use this,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3281...27424c4d70G8Pz

for you on freezing find something local more adequate for artic
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2022, 14:23   #20

awesome thanks guys, will head down this week and clean the contacts first, if that doesn't work then may try the joystick. I have been trying to call quick USA tech support but mailbox is full. Will keep you posted.
bccoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2022, 15:00   #21

Location: On Vessel WINGS, wherever there's an ocean, currently in Mexico
Boat: Serendipity 43
Send a message via AIM to wingssail Send a message via Skype™ to wingssail

I strikes me that you bow thruster has already caused you too much trouble. The last thing your fin keel spade rudder SO409 needs is a bow thruster. Put it in the boat yard, remove the POS, patch up the huge hole in the front, and you go faster, turn just as sharply, and have less grief.
Old 19-01-2022, 18:42   #22

Not ready to get rid of it yet, challenge is on. Here is todays update.

Well the Quick Bow Thruster saga continues. Been on the phone multiple times with the head tech for Quick USA and he is stumped. He first thought it was the controller but now wondering about the TCX box which is the brain controlled for Jeanneau's. This is different than other boats for some reason.

Cleaned all the contacts I had access to supplying power, they were in ok shape but did it anyway. Fired up the boat, pressed the 2 direction buttons for 3 seconds and light continued to flash. Went down and checked the TCX box that is the brain for Jeanneau models, there is a green flashing led there too. A few minutes later, the battery isolator clunked and power flowed from battery to thruster, the TCX box light went solid green and I went to helm and now the controller light was solid green indicating power on.

I pressed the left button for a second and the left thruster turned on but stayed on, I had to press right button to stop it. The light on controller stayed solid green but neither left or right thruster buttons worked.

I went back to the forward cabin to see what was happening there, light was solid on TCX box, my multimeter shows there was power from battery isolator powering the thruster. a few minutes later, the battery isolator clunked and TCX and helm controller lights changed to flashing green. I went to helm to turn on thrusters again but nothing happened, light stayed flashing.

I went back to the cabin and a few minutes later the battery isolator clunked and green lights were solid again. Went back to helm, was able to do very short bursts with both left and right but as soon as I held button a little longer it would stay on until I pressed the opposite button to stop it.

I was able to repeat this multiple times with pretty much same results. both left and right would work in short bursts but a longer press on either button and the thruster would continue to operate until I cancelled it with the opposite direction. After that, no buttons would do anything, I would have to wait until the battery isolator cycled off and back on again. Then could repeat the process.

I dont think it is the battery isolator as it seems to work fine, for some reason though, it is getting sent triggers to open and close it.

The Quick tech originally thought it was the controller but now is wondering if it is the TCX box. I pulled the box out and dismantled it and took pics of the circuit board as well as dismantled the controller. There appeared to be some possible corrosion on one of the buttons but not sure if it was just something else from manufacturing.

Anyone ever come across something like this? Other suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9751.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	251525   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9733.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	251526  

Name:	IMG_9755.jpeg