Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2013, 08:14   #256
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: Chinese Diesel Engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Of-course. This thread just has some troubled souls that feel that they are losing and bashing the soon to be winner, China, makes them feel better. May be they lost their job in Detroit to the Japanese and think they can stop the Chinese this time this way. The arguments are the same so in their logic the result will be better this time. Makes sense to them.

Even if everything from Chinese factories is utter junk; the west still buy it happily. The Panama Canal is being trippled in capacity so that their ships with goods can get there in tripple numbers. They build some extra trans-continent railroads to help. With buying all that they produce, you are defeated already, no matter how loud you bash them on an Internet forum. Afterwards they walk away from their Chinese built computers, pick up their Chinese built phones to call for some Chow Mein to be delivered to their Chinese built front doors.
Warren Buffet will show these folks how to run a business when he takes control of Sun-tech(solor panals)and then we will show them how to run a stock index so that companys wont be listed due to made up numbers...Some times it helps to read the writing on the wall when tryin to predict the future..."A closed communist country takes over the free world after 30 yrs of isolation and 30 yrs of having ther cake and eating it too" ,what were those crazy americans thinking?!! Keep on dreaming..I guess they would have done all that they have in the last 30 yrs. without the help of the west...NOT,and we are so stupid as to hand them the world on a silver plater..NOT..Where do you come up with this stuff,the local news?
Old 18-04-2013, 08:20   #257
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Good design and manufacturing makes a dependable engine , weight just pays for bigger fork trucks
true ,my numbers are a bit dated,seems 2 1/2 lbs is par for the course these days..
Old 18-04-2013, 08:40   #258

Boat: Aries 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
61/2lbs of metal per HP makes a more dependable engine..
I'll sell you my Westerbeke 30 for the low, low sum of $10,000 USD. 600 pounds and 25 HP - twenty four glorious pounds of genuine rusty - uhh, British or something, I think - cast iron, almost certainly hand-forged by honkeys with funny hats - per (rated - let's don't get too distracted by reality here) hoursepouwer. (That's the proper British spelling, I think.)

It's virtually guaranteed to run forever! I just don't like the color. I'm totally not looking at other engines because the thing is a hunk of **** that's going to die a horribly expensive death any day now.
Old 18-04-2013, 10:03   #259
Marine Service Provider

Why so cheap? Got to be a catch!
Old 18-04-2013, 10:36   #260

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Chinese Diesel Engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustymc View Post
I'll sell you my Westerbeke 30 for the low, low sum of $10,000 USD. 600 pounds and 25 HP - twenty four glorious pounds of genuine rusty - uhh, British or something, I think - cast iron, almost certainly hand-forged by honkeys with funny hats - per (rated - let's don't get too distracted by reality here) hoursepouwer. (That's the proper British spelling, I think.)

It's virtually guaranteed to run forever! I just don't like the color. I'm totally not looking at other engines because the thing is a hunk of **** that's going to die a horribly expensive death any day now.

I don't care about anything other than colour. In diesels, that is. Gotta be blue. My gray Yanmar is for sale and rated at 10 hp and 287 #, which I believe works out to 28.7 # per hp. Ahem ... I may be the winner. So far.
Old 18-04-2013, 13:25   #261
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
I think Tiawan,being the home of Kumintang,is not the same as main land china,they have free enterprise and such ,the same can be said of Hong Kong and Macua to a point ,if not for Hong Kong and its recent history main land would still be riding bikes and eating lard cakes on Tinaman squire...IMO...
Feel better now? Nice huh to ridicule people who are not here to defend themselves. Hope it makes you feel good. FYI: they consider you and me barbarian, much like a caveman: an uncivilized bunch. There is much to agree to as they invented all we like so much today: guns, books, fore- and aft-rigged ships, silk, etc. etc.

Taiwan, Republic of China, is the Old China, from the dynasties. The island (which was Dutch Formosa for a time) was where they (under Chiang) fled after defeat from Mao (1949). They rightfully claimed the whole of China theirs and we, the UN, agreed. But the communists were ruthless and got a firm grip on mainland China which lead to us abandoning Chiang and ROC. They had taken their gold reserves plus had a decent infrastructure built by the Japanese earlier so they basically did better then the mainland.

But they are 100% Chinese.
Old 18-04-2013, 13:28   #262
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Given the preponderance of anti-Chinese chatter here seem to be US, Boy the little guys have you on the ropes, you scared, big fellows!

as for

Quote:
they have free enterprise and such
good from the people that gave us Lehman bros.
Dave
Old 18-04-2013, 13:29   #263
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
without the help of the west...NOT,and we are so stupid as to hand them the world on a silver plater..NOT..Where do you come up with this stuff,the local news?
So, enlighten us: what brand phones do you have, what car, what brand of computer? I bet 50% of it is Chinese It is YOU who is helping them conquer the world!
Old 18-04-2013, 13:33   #264
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
"A closed communist country takes over the free world after 30 yrs of isolation and 30 yrs of having ther cake and eating it too" ,what were those crazy americans thinking?!! Keep on dreaming..I guess they would have done all that they have in the last 30 yrs. without the help of the west...NOT,and we are so stupid as to hand them the world on a silver plater..
This stuff reminds me of a version of the Coke christmas ( sorry Happy Holiday) ad. Im humming " The Communists are a coming", " the Coomunists are a coming", has a nice ring to it too. HO Ho Ho chi Min everyone.

Scrap round the bicycle shed as they used to say at school

Dave
Old 18-04-2013, 14:02   #265

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Warren Buffet will show these folks how to run a business when he takes control of Sun-tech(solor panals)and then we will show them how to run a stock index so that companys wont be listed due to made up numbers...Some times it helps to read the writing on the wall when tryin to predict the future..."A closed communist country takes over the free world after 30 yrs of isolation and 30 yrs of having ther cake and eating it too" ,what were those crazy americans thinking?!! Keep on dreaming..I guess they would have done all that they have in the last 30 yrs. without the help of the west...NOT,and we are so stupid as to hand them the world on a silver plater..NOT..Where do you come up with this stuff,the local news?
Sounds as if you could do the Chinese a favour and go over and show them a thing or two.

Scary thought. Paranoia
Old 18-04-2013, 14:05   #266
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post
Sounds as if you could do the Chinese a favour and go over and show them a thing or two.

Scary thought. Paranoia
Maybe we are worried about the wrong country and its nukes.... just a horrible thought.

Dave
Old 18-04-2013, 15:31   #267

Boat: Beneteau 456
This thread is way out of control. Some of the comments reflect a very low social and intellectual level. This is borderline into prejudice and racism.
Old 18-04-2013, 16:30   #268
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
So, enlighten us: what brand phones do you have, what car, what brand of computer? I bet 50% of it is Chinese It is YOU who is helping them conquer the world!
So you think they are going to conquer the world? I dont have a problem with China or anyone else until I read that someone seems to think they are going to some how raise the bar of world affairs and the rest of the world will follow suit ..China will never be anymore than a large export(subject to change) economy if they dont soon become more concerned with domestic consumption and human rights ,of course so many communist countrys have survived and prosperd that maybe you are right and China will follow Russias lead and soon "take over the world"!! ha ha ha ..North Korea seems poised to "shake things up also"..ha ha ha,Maybe Burma will start a "new economic revolution" and Jump to the front of the line also,while those dumb americans and friends just sit there twiddling ther thumbs while it happens ...I only know of one chinese computer company(Lanovo) and they cant bid on anything defense related in any country except in Africa and the chinese phone companys dont seem to be doing much except in Africa,but if that means conquring the world then you have set me on the correct path to economic enlightenment..You really have a chinese phone ,car,and a Lonovo computer?I have a 65 Ford Mustang and a 71 Ford Bronco although my EX-wife is of Chinese decent and I love the culture and try to help with cultural exchanges and direct monetary contributions to some less fortunate folks in places like Chengdu and Xi'uo..by the way are you Tibetan? They seem to think that the Chinese are taking over also...
Old 18-04-2013, 17:00   #269
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by avazquez View Post
This thread is way out of control. Some of the comments reflect a very low social and intellectual level. This is borderline into prejudice and racism.
So, it's OK to take jabs at the USA consumers, businesses and large corporations which have a long history of innovation, scientific research and basically leading the world out of many significant messes, both financial and social (wars). But it's not OK for us to point out specific shortcomings of products coming out of China where the intellectual property is known to be stolen, then cheapened without being called racists.

I can give many examples, but it's not worth the bother, as it seems most folks already have their minds made up. I just can't understand why anyone would want to defend some of the absolute garbage coming out of China. I've been in the piano business for many years. Here in the USA we manufacture three of the worlds finest pianos, Steinway, Mason & Hamlin to name two. Japan, Germany and Italy are also known for fine pianos. China is known for making nothing but total crap pianos and ruining the piano business throughout the rest of the world by dumping mountains of junk on the market.

I would expect the same from the Chinese marine diesel producers.
Old 18-04-2013, 17:14   #270

Boat: 55' Romsdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
So, it's OK to take jabs at the USA consumers, businesses and large corporations which have a long history of innovation, scientific research and basically leading the world out of many significant messes, both financial and social (wars). But it's not OK for us to point out specific shortcomings of products coming out of China where the intellectual property is known to be stolen, then cheapened without being called racists.

I can give many examples, but it's not worth the bother, as it seems most folks already have their minds made up. I just can't understand why anyone would want to defend some of the absolute garbage coming out of China. I've been in the piano business for many years. Here in the USA we manufacture three of the worlds finest pianos, Steinway, Mason & Hamlin to name two. Japan, Germany and Italy are also known for fine pianos. China is known for making nothing but total crap pianos and ruining the piano business throughout the rest of the world by dumping mountains of junk on the market.

I would expect the same from the Chinese marine diesel producers.
Don't take it too hard. Most of the criticisms come from folks whose primary qualification for opining is their self esteem. It certainly isn't based on actual experience in dealing with Chinese manufacturing unguided and controlled by design, specs and QC provided by someone with a brand to protect. Like Fleming, or Kia, or Apple, or whomever. Without that, you tend to get garbage, at least in my experience.
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel