Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.22 average. Display Modes
Old 22-12-2021, 19:55   #4786

Re: Trimaran - Especially Searunner - Owners

1977 SR 31 For Sale in Key Largo

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1977...maran-8037162/

I like how in the forecastle head area the builder just left the epoxy (or some kind of clear preservative) over the ply. I wish more of the SRs kept that look on the inside.
sddmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:54   #4787

Boat: Farrier f27

There's what seems to be a really nice Searunner 40 for sale listed in Latitude 38 classy classifieds. The boat is located in Puerto Vallarta and owned by a live-aboard couple that have owned 3 Searunners over the past 30 yrs.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 16:25   #4788

Boat: 34' Searunner Tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
The JoAhna K is a sweet looking boat. I hope I picked up the name right.
Thanks for that. We had two Searunners and a few other sailboats over 40 years. At 65 years old I went looking for a converted workboat. This is a yacht (was not a conversion) with a workboat soul. 58' passage maker, built 1952. The designer William Garden is highly respected, kinda like Jim Brown, a cult following. At 61 tons displacement, she carries 3,200 gallons of diesel and has a 4,500 mile range. 800 gals. water. Diesel fired hydronic heat stem to stern and in the bilge. On and on. She's not a rescue project. Some rich guy did a $750K + re-fit in 2002. So is like a 18 year old boat systems wise. I pretty much just gotta maintain her. All good, I know non of this has anything to do with Searunners (except I hung out a lot here) Having fun!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1856.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	250888

Name:	IMG_2496.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	470.9 KB
ID:	250889

Name:	Doctor.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	444.1 KB
ID:	250890
Jmolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 16:36   #4789

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran

Modified Searunner Trimaran. Anybody know anything more about this?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-voilier/long...2381?undefined

Translated
Quote:
Trimaran Brown 41 (previous model Searunner 40) 1971. Registered in Canada. Amateur construction, carried out by the founders of Croisieres AML, and renovated by them. Over $ 150,000 invested in 2003. Volvo D2-55 engine approx. 3000h installed on sail-drive at the stern. Steering wheel and hydraulic autopilot. The boat is 44 feet long by 24 feet wide with a draft of only 3 feet 10 inches. Incredibly stable and solid boat. Fiberglass / plywood construction. Adjustable fin. Cutter on central cockpit, all sheets are accessible from the cockpit. All sails on furlers. Possibility of 4 double beds. Autonomous boat, more than 2000W of solar panels, 2000W pure wave inverter. 40 gal / hour desalinator. Espar heating. Alternator 180A. Lots of storage (all the floats). Just back from a family trip of 6 to Granada. Unparalleled deck space. Come with Zodiac brand dinghy in hypalon with 9.9 hp yamaha engine. Lots of things to list obviously. Some maintenance work to be done for this spring. Currently at GLB Marine, St-Paul-île-aux-Noix. Do not hesitate to contact me for further information.
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
longjonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 12:29   #4790

i emailed John Marples and here is his reply about the above extension on a Searunner 40:

Quote:
Jon, I have no knowledge of this boat. To Jim and I, it has been "owner improved", which rarely does good. I cannot imagine how a stern drive would work on a boat with an outboard rudder. John
blessings
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
Old 11-01-2022, 12:21   #4791

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS

WILDERNESS status report:

It's been a little more than a month from my last check-in. The holidays are over, the weather is back to warm and dry, and the craziness of the world continues unabated. My new mast and rig are sitting on cradles. The yard had some issues of their own, having to close down for structural repairs, then today, when we wheeled the mast into the yard, we were told that the crane is now busted, and it might be two more weeks before it can be stepped. Oh well......

On the other hand, it gives me more time to finish off the cockpit projects. I completed most of the final painting, built new centerboard covers, built a brand new mast step with a built in roller for the centerboard control. It leads the centerboard pull-down (with heavy duty rubber bungee) to a block inside the aft end of the cockpit trunk, then forward to an inverted bow roller attached to the aft end of the mast step, then it leads upward to a Spinlock line clutch to lock it in position, then up to the mainsheet winch below the gooseneck and within arm's length of the helm wheel. I'll be sending photos when it's all hooked up. This is a big deal for me because, never before, I will have full and immediate control of the centerboard. In previous posts I detailed the new centerboard, which will go in when I haul out. Now, it's a full system. Very exciting, and, I believe, unique to Searunners.

I'll be sending detail photos of the mast equipment, again, results of a lifetime of experience with my boat and others I've rigged over the years. It's really cool stuff that I'm eager to put to work when I sail over the horizon in coming months.

So, in the next two weeks of waiting for stepping the mast, I will get the last of the nonskid on the cockpit and cabintop, rig the new mainsheet traveller, and complete the overhaul of the steering system and re-leather the steering wheel. Never a dull moment.
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 14:43   #4792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
On the other hand, it gives me more time to finish off the cockpit projects. I completed most of the final painting, built new centerboard covers, built a brand new mast step with a built in roller for the centerboard control. It leads the centerboard pull-down (with heavy duty rubber bungee) to a block inside the aft end of the cockpit trunk, then forward to an inverted bow roller attached to the aft end of the mast step, then it leads upward to a Spinlock line clutch to lock it in position, then up to the mainsheet winch below the gooseneck and within arm's length of the helm wheel. I'll be sending photos when it's all hooked up. This is a big deal for me because, never before, I will have full and immediate control of the centerboard. In previous posts I detailed the new centerboard, which will go in when I haul out. Now, it's a full system. Very exciting, and, I believe, unique to Searunners.
i am looking forward to see what you are describing. Better ways to rig a Searunner are always appreciated.
jon
Old 14-01-2022, 09:49   #4793

Boat: Searunner 40

A heads up and a question

Due to changed job circumstances (less time off unfortunately) I want to give my 2001 Searunner 40 into the next loving hands so it will be further used for it's intended purpose to sail oceans and not sit around in storage. The boat is currently in NW-Panama (beautiful unspoiled cruising are) and I sailed her down there from the Pacific NW. She is not a project boat but ready to sail as is.

Apart from the classifieds in this forum where would you suggest to advertise here? For sites like Yachtworld one needs a broker to advertise and I might go that way but wanted to hear opinions first what would be the best route.

Cheers and fair winds

Wolff-R.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	K800_PB220034.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	251246   Click image for larger version

Name:	K800_20161030_115025.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	251247  

Name:	K800_20191229_121753.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	251248  
Tri Del Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2022, 09:57   #4794

Boat: SeaRunner 37, 11.3 metres

PM sent.
Old 14-01-2022, 10:38   #4795

Here the preliminary sales post in the classified section. Once I am back at the boat end of this month I can take more pictures, videos etc.

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3554866

I hope someone will be interested in continue the adventures as I would hate to see here sitting around a yard for most of the time.

Cheers

Wolff-R.
Old 15-01-2022, 22:23   #4796

Boat: Still building

Does anyone have any further information on what happened in the incident involving the Searunner "Furthest" off Wrightsville Beach?
CG reports crew taken off but vessel in pics still afloat with damge to forefoot..?

https://www.facebook.com/USCGStation...Beach/?__cft__[0]=AZX1iVI3nCnaRy9kM3e9YSr6rtjzLzwZJlGh74YlU-P9BG4fsJ6hEUB1FLgSeiZ4HTfjzGevuY1ORkauqyETG9fjxNN8 68-2ghZwFFVq8Xsy7P7QX2My2gxUs9vjZm_Ou_4z2OXEYv37CBjfp 1csZjmS&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2022, 04:23   #4797

Her name is Further. She is the boat i almost bot, went as far as making a down payment, but then had dreams of disaster at sea for three nights consecutively, so i backed out of the deal.

Look at that damage to the bow of the hull. Did they hit something? Or was there weakness in the underlying structure?

There was a prospective buyer coming to look at her in Maryland in January. Perhaps they bot her and were taking her south.
Old 16-01-2022, 18:46   #4798

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailRN View Post
PM sent.
SailRN

I did rcv. the PM and returned one. Could you please let me know if it arrived as it looks like I can receive PM's but when I answer they don't show up in my send file... Thanks a lot.
Wolff
Old 16-01-2022, 19:47   #4799

Boat: SeaRunner 37, 11.3 metres

Tri Del Sur, Thank you Wolff, I did receive your reply PM. By the time I read it you had already answered my questions in another posting.
Old 29-01-2022, 21:27   #4800

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS

Argggh! The boatyard's crane is still waiting for a critical part. My mast is safely stored at the yard, and all of the critical gear is installed and waiting to be stepped. In the meantime, I've finished the majority of the nonskid in the cockpit, only the seat locker hatches need final paint. The mast step is installed and the centerboard cover pieces are almost completed.

I now have a better idea of the new sail plan. With the solid advice of my old friend and retired rigger, Fritz Richardson (who once owned a Searunner 37), I am going with a Dacron tri-radial main, full batten Selden cars, a staysail and Yankee head sails with furlers, and a Code Zero with a 2:1 Dyneema halyard. The second Spinnaker halyard is for my favorite sail, an assymetric with a snuffer.

These will allow me to sail pretty close to the wind in light conditions, the combined sail areas of the staysail and Yankee are almost the same as the Genoa I had before, but with the added gift of being able to reduce headsail area in building winds, and the main will have three permanent reef lines for really rough going. And, the assymetric can be tacked on either the float bows or center hull bow. Someday I'll add a sprit for the Code Zero to give it more "juice". The boat is really moving along now. It's very exciting!
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paracelle, Searunner, trimaran