Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2018, 15:56   #31

Boat: LAGOON 400
Re: Negotiating a new catamaran?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
it seems to take very little to trigger you. Should I say "seacock" or "fat" or "condomaran" or "failed sealing" or "SA/D"?

just relax !!
i have learned by now that CF is small marketing site with bunch of paid bloggers executing paid marketing campaigns, mimicking other larger 'social hitech' sites that try to manipulate sentiment of masses for benefit of their clients.
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 16:18   #32

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
i have learned by now that CF is small marketing site with bunch of paid bloggers executing paid marketing campaigns, mimicking other larger 'social hitech' sites that try to manipulate sentiment of masses for benefit of their clients.
Ooops. I wasn't aware of this.

I can actually get paid for the use of words like "condomaran" or "seacock"? Cool!
For some extra money I will even put this in my signature.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 19:18   #33

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:

Paid bloggers? Really? This community is WAY too small to be of any interest to marketers of ..., well, what exactly? What fake news here is leading us to what nefarious activities? Damn, did I get convinced to vote for Putin? Or against a free Catalonia? Damn, this place is good.
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 21:23   #34
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

How much per word can I get? Do I get paid in US dollars? Does it matter if I am an old bloke not a young attractive person of non specific gender?
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 21:27   #35
Marine Service Provider

To be serious, yes there is a marketing component to this forum, it is a part of Social Knowledge Communities, this (and other Social Knowledge) sites provide a platform for us to have our fun, in return they get to run some adds, no many and I hardly even notice them, but sites like this don't run for free, even with the help of many volunteers, whom I thank.

Yes social knowledge makes a dollar, but so they should, they charge me nothing at all for the service they provide and I have never had a direct marketing approach from the advertisers related to this site, so it appears my personal data is relatively safe.
Old 26-03-2018, 23:46   #36

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
yeah, i tried, but here and there i find something really useful as i am still relatively newbie.

and when bored, whats better than forum fight to kill time
Funny, I would have thought that that was a good description of a Troll.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:54   #37

Over the past 18 months looked at new FP Lucia 40 and L40 but long lead times and lack of pricing flexibility (coupled with seemingly endless price increases at every opportunity) mean I think buyers negotiating power is indeed very limited.

With such large pool of buyers it does also seem that the used market is transacting at eye watering levels for cats.

With such long delivery times on new orders I take the view that the probability of some economic downturn occurring in the next 2-4 years (i.e. delivery window for new orders) is quite high given we are in the second longest period of economic growth ever. Add in the fact that some of these 'new' types of buyers are typically younger and taking out loans/finance for their boat purchases which maybe an issue in more difficult times . I think that with order books full and boats being produced at capacity then when a downturn occurs there will be a great opportunity to get a deal either on a nearly new cat or decent discount on new list price.

Of course this is a 'gamble' and means you have to wait but in the mean time there are still great deals on used monos (would not buy new as these are riding the same strong economic pricing curve) that can fill the gap if you can't wait. The boat market is like all markets and you should only buy at the top if you have the true disposable income and want to pay the premium for convenience.
BlueSkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:40   #38

Boat: L42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
How much per word can I get? Do I get paid in US dollars? Does it matter if I am an old bloke not a young attractive person of non specific gender?
OK this post just shows your complete misunderstanding of how the internet works!

You can be anything you want to be It's the internet and nobody has to know exactly WHAT you are. You could even have multiple logins and be BOTH.

(Just kidding ..of course!)
Steve_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:52   #39

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyOne View Post
Over the past 18 months looked at new FP Lucia 40 and L40 but long lead times and lack of pricing flexibility (coupled with seemingly endless price increases at every opportunity) mean I think buyers negotiating power is indeed very limited.............

With such long delivery times on new orders I take the view that the probability of some economic downturn occurring in the next 2-4 years (i.e. delivery window for new orders) is quite high given we are in the second longest period of economic growth ever. Add in the fact that some of these 'new' types of buyers are typically younger and taking out loans/finance for their boat purchases which maybe an issue in more difficult times . I think that with order books full and boats being produced at capacity then when a downturn occurs there will be a great opportunity to get a deal either on a nearly new cat or decent discount on new list price.

Of course this is a 'gamble' and means you have to wait but in the mean time there are still great deals on used monos (would not buy new as these are riding the same strong economic pricing curve) that can fill the gap if you can't wait. The boat market is like all markets and you should only buy at the top if you have the true disposable income and want to pay the premium for convenience.
That’s our current approach while we save for our deposit (no winning lotto, no inheritance, and not selling our house), and enjoy our tri while we list it for sale. No interest in a mono, so we’ll wait out the market created by the storms and see what happens. I’ve been told by reps of the big 3 that they are all raising prices twice a year.
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 20:25   #40

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds

I ended up buying a Saona 47. Ultimately there was no refundable deposit, just a deposit with long lead time. “What discount did I get?” From the dealer I ordered it from it was a one percent discount from his retail price. From the first dealer I talked to it would have been $100,000.
The discount isn’t meaningful if you don’t know the real retail price.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:09   #41

Boat: longing for a trimaran

Lovely boat. Good Luck.
tatomaceda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 14:39   #42
Marine Service Provider

Some strange economics going on here. If everyone gets a discount, it aint a discount, its a padding in the price.

Tags
catamaran