Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2014, 12:51   #61

Boat: Leopard 40
Re: Miami Boat Show ...

Yes the station is about a mile from Dinner key marina also but we won't have a car to deal with. There are lots of parking spots around MiaMarina so either way I think you will be ok with your car. You are going to have a lot of fun at the show Scarlett!
ShaktiGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 12:56   #62

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ellis Flybridge 28

Metrorail is a good option. The Coconut Grove station is at US1 and 27th Avenue. Park there and take the train going east. Get off at the Civic Center and get on the Metro Mover elevated rail. Get off at the College / Bayside station and walk a couple of blocks east.
Miami-Dade County - Miami-Dade Transit - Metromover Stations

Miami-Dade County - Miami-Dade Transit - Metrorail Stations

If you want to drive to Miamarina, get there early and you'll be able to park in the shopping center garage. I think last year it was $10 for the day. From there you can take shuttle buses to the other show venues.

The other option is to park at the Marlins Stadium and ride the shuttle bus.

Parking on Miami Beach is almost impossible unless you get there before the show opens in the morning.

Don't forget to visit my store near the airport and my booth (2980) upstairs in the convention center. My people will have great deals on Gill weather gear">Foul Weather Gear at Miamarina Strictly Sail as well.
Old 23-01-2014, 15:17   #63

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F

shaktigurl... we are going to be soooo close to where you are.. we could probably throw a stone at you...
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 15:23   #64
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

I know it's a bit cheesy but there is always the free party Saturday night after the show if you stay inside the strictly sail side. Free Pizza, music, and fun raffles. Also if you get to the show about an hour before it opens parking at Bayside parking lot is reasonable and you're right there.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 15:25   #65

Great! We will be there Thurs-Sun so you could come visit on Mulligan if you like

The Mary Brickell Village that emcmia mentioned sounded nice for a meetup. I did not know they were there. That should be convenient for most?
Old 24-01-2014, 07:36   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellie View Post
I know it's a bit cheesy but there is always the free party Saturday night after the show if you stay inside the strictly sail side. Free Pizza, music, and fun raffles. Also if you get to the show about an hour before it opens parking at Bayside parking lot is reasonable and you're right there.
I like some cheese and I've heard about this party but never gone. Maybe we will this time since we will have guests who have not been to the show before. Thanks for the suggestion and we will visit your booth!
Old 24-01-2014, 07:45   #67

Boat: 28' Bennington

I LOVE cheese. LOL.
Lespilot57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 08:03   #68

Boat: Privilege P43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaktiGurl View Post
Great! We will be there Thurs-Sun so you could come visit on Mulligan if you like

The Mary Brickell Village that emcmia mentioned sounded nice for a meetup. I did not know they were there. That should be convenient for most?
Bayside is very oriented to what we call "tourists" and families. Mary Brickell Village is a more adult venue, with a large ground level courtyard surrounded by restaurants/bars (e.g. BBQ, burgers, sushi, tapas, etc.) with tables seating 4, 10, 20 etc. I suggest parking in the garage; taxis will know the location. Most bars in the area stay open until 4 am on weekends. Two blocks north of Brickell Village is a 100 year old bar named Tobacco Road that also has an outside patio with bands and guitar pickers and (very casual) food until very late hours. [As I live and dock my boat in the area for last 15 years, let me know if you need/want additional suggestions/advice. Ed.]
emcmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 08:13   #69
Ita

Boat: CAL 36

You could also try The Knife restaurant at bayside, all you can eat Argentinean BBQ for $30, including wine and dessert
If you do a craigslist search there houses for rent for the week or day at Coconut Groove at reasonable Price
Old 24-01-2014, 08:41   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcmia View Post
Two blocks north of Brickell Village is a 100 year old bar named Tobacco Road that also has an outside patio with bands and guitar pickers and (very casual) food until very late hours. [As I live and dock my boat in the area for last 15 years, let me know if you need/want additional suggestions/advice. Ed.]
Ah, this place sounds fun! I love live music and outdoor venues so these kinds of places sound good to me. We will have my in-laws in tow so they might be more particular with the types of food offered. Any other live music restaurant/bar places you would suggest?

I will also look up the Knife. Wine included? Far better than the $20 mojito I was charged at Mambo. I admit it *was* a good mojito, so I wiped the tears out of my eyes with the $20 before I passed it to my uninterested waiter.
Old 24-01-2014, 08:41   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcmia View Post
Mary Brickell Village is a more adult venue, with a large ground level courtyard surrounded by restaurants/bars (e.g. BBQ, burgers, sushi, tapas, etc.) with tables seating 4, 10, 20 etc. I suggest parking in the garage; taxis will know the location. Most bars in the area stay open until 4 am on weekends. Two blocks north of Brickell Village is a 100 year old bar named Tobacco Road that also has an outside patio with bands and guitar pickers and (very casual) food until very late hours. [As I live and dock my boat in the area for last 15 years, let me know if you need/want additional suggestions/advice. Ed.]
This sounds like the right place. Within walking distance and without the crush of tourists and many options for dining. Thanks for your expertise!
Old 24-01-2014, 09:37   #72

[QUOTE=ShaktiGurl;1449033]Ah, this place sounds fun! I love live music and outdoor venues so these kinds of places sound good to me. We will have my in-laws in tow so they might be more particular with the types of food offered. Any other live music restaurant/bar places you would suggest?

Within a mile of Bayside, try these for live music (but call first):
- Avenue D Jazz & Blues (just north of Brickell Village) blues in intimate setting, until 3am
- Blue Martini (Brickell Village) good live bands that even 40 to 60 year olds will like
- Churchills (Art District) don't dress up
- The Stage (Midtown) classical violin to hip-hop, until 4am
- Lagniappe (Midtown) New Orleans style jazz, until 2am
- Gramps (in Wynwood) large patio/courtyard, until 3am
- The Vagabond (Omni Hotel) until 5am
- Awarehouse (Wynwood/Midtown)
- Miami Light Project (Wynwood) a bit wierd
- Finnegan's (on Miami River) 3 bars, open air with 200 ft of dockage, pool, hot tub, aquarium
- Eve (3 blocks w of Bayside) indie/pop/electronic with dance floor
- Bohemia Room (Brickell area) refer to the name and set your watch back to 1955.
I would suggest avoiding Bongo's (in Arena across street from Bayside); typical high end tourist trap with sub-par (Cuban) food and worse service.
Old 24-01-2014, 10:14   #73

Thanks emcmia! I will check these out.
Old 24-01-2014, 10:50   #74

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

My favorite seafood restaurant in Miami is "Casablanca". The restaurant has its own fishing fleet, and is located on the water. Much of the seafood that you'll be eating, has been caught a few hours earlier. The dinner menu is extravagant. The price per person is average/lower than average. You can arrive there using your power boat/dinghy; tie ups to their dinghy dock is encouraged while dining.

I have dined there many times, with company's colleagues, during the past two years. No one has ever been disappointed with the food or with their prompt service. I highly recommend this restaurant! (Look them up on the net!) Bon appetit!

Mauritz
Old 24-01-2014, 11:25   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknav View Post
My favorite seafood restaurant in Miami is "Casablanca". The restaurant has its own fishing fleet, and is located on the water. Much of the seafood that you'll be eating, has been caught a few hours earlier. The dinner menu is extravagant. The price per person is average/lower than average. You can arrive there using your power boat/dinghy; tie ups to their dinghy dock is encouraged while dining.

I have dined there many times, with company's colleagues, during the past two years. No one has ever been disappointed with the food or with their prompt service. I highly recommend this restaurant! (Look them up on the net!) Bon appetit!

Mauritz

I concur with Mauritz' review of Casablanca. Seafood cuisine is highly Latin/Caribbean influenced. Be aware that unless you specify otherwise, cocktails will be mixed with premium brands and priced accordingly. As for docking, I have had no problem docking all 47 ft of my cat at their "dinghy" dock, even alongside a 60 ft Pershing. Casablanca is about 1.5 NM up the Miami River and due west of Bayside. If you go by car, they offer complimentary valet parking. There is also a new and somewhat larger restaurant next door and based on the waiting limousines and door security, it appears to be a bit more upscale (and unfortunately) intended for the South Beach crowd. {Oh well, there goes the neighborhood!}
Ed.

Tags
boat show, miami, miami boat show