Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2020, 21:38   #1

Question Looking for Condor 40 documents

Hi all, I'm new-ish to this forum (but a long time reader and fan!). I recently purchased a Condor 40 that's in need of some repair, and am looking for any documents out there to help with that.

I've already got the documents available on the condortrimaran.com website, but am looking for anything else that people might have around.

Specifically, and I realize this might be a long shot, if anyone has an owners manual or other "factory documents" that go through the initial fit-out of the boat, I'd be hugely appreciative.

This has been a dream boat of mine for a while, and I'm excited to get this one back into proper shape. Figured if anyone might have these old documents, this forum would be a good place to look.

Thanks in advance!
Tzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:31   #2

Boat: Chris White Voyager 48
Re: Looking for Condor 40 documents

Congratulations on your new boat. IMO, trimarans don't get the respect they deserve around here. I checked the web site and didn't find anything other than a picture, so I don't know what you've got. If you don't get a response here, you might try Sailing Anarchy's multihull forum.

Cheers,
Old 05-06-2020, 13:25   #3

Oh, the links might be buried or broken now - I don't think that site's been touched in years. But on there somewhere are .doc Word files that go over the story behind the boats, the construction techniques, and some marketing copy. It's neat, but not really detailed.
Tzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 17:47   #4

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

I owned hull #3 Triple Threat built for the OSTAR and kept the first “interest/history “ site, now long gone. Designed and built up here in the Annapolis area (I believe in the same yard where Tony Smith built the original Gemini cat) by Phil Herting and Mick Price, she was an ingenious boat, way ahead of her time. My biggest issue was the kick up rudder, which was never quite perfected, and up here in the land of crab pots was a real pia!

I’m not home now but will see if I still have any info (doubtful), but try researching Phil (I last met him in Annapolis working as a designer) or Mick who I last saw in Beaufort deigning lightweight carbon battens. Both meetings were @ 1999.

Enjoy!
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men