Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 10:29   #1

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40
Condor-40 NY to FL Sept 26

I am seeking interested experienced crew to join me for a spirited sail aboard an OSTAR designed trimaran NJ to Brunswick, GA. I have many years of sailing experience including a captains license with Sail Addendum. You will need to provide your own transportation to/from boat. I cover expenses aboard and this is a non-paid position.

Its an aggressive plan but I only have one month. My wife and I will vacation aboard JAZ heading from MA to Port Washington, LI-NY for the first week. Then the push begins south and it would be great to have a third person along for the run through NYC to Bay-head Yacht Club in Barnegat Bay. This will likely be an overnighter as I would not want to head into Manesquan inlet in the dark.

I believe I have my crew set for the run south but you know how that goes. Commitments often fall through last minute. The itinerary has been set the best it can be considering that as prudent sailors, we know all good plans can be doused by some unfortunate weather. Lets pray for great weather on this one especial since NOAA is calling for an above average hurricane season in the Atlantic.

As we choose who can make it, here are some details so you know the route and are ready willing and available. Take a look at the info outlined below, shoot me a PM and I can give you a phone call to introduce myself and discuss the adventure.

I have put up online the many legs of this eastern seaboard cruise. I use the website BlooSee and you can see my route plans for your self.
Log onto the site,
click the section EXPLORE,
Uncheck the info points boxes so all the info points disappear form the screen so you can see the map of the world.
Zoom out then navigate to LI NY and zoom back in.
Click on the tab ROUTES.
Type JAZ in the search box.
You should see my nine routes listed. Feel free to explore the routes on the site so you know what to expect.

The dates are expected to be:
9/13 I arrive in MA
9/14 Attend Newport Boat Show
9/15 Transport JAZ to north end of Cape Cod canal to have a dodger fabricated.
9/16-Install new Raymarine Chart plotter and Auto-helm.
9/17 Return JAZ to Fairhaven Marina to provision her and make 100% ready to shove off
9/20 Depart Fairhaven MA for Block Island
9/21 Block Island to Greenport LI
9/22 Greenport to Port Jefferson
9/23 Port Jefferson to Oyster Bay
9/24 Oyster Bay to Port Washington. Pick up one friend (Jeff) for next leg. (DB- This is where you can join as my high school friend is uncertain of his commitment)
9/25 Layover day
9/26-7 Port Washington to Bay Head Yacht Club in the north end of Barnegat Bay. This may be an overnighter. Bay Head Yacht Club - Bay Head Yacht Club
9/28 Lay over day and provisioning. Welcome two crew aboard.
9/29 BHYC to Atlantic City NJ (50nm)
9/30 Atlantic City to Carolina Beach NC (450nm)
10/5 Arrive in Carolina Beach
10/6 Layover
10/7 Carolina Beach to Brunswick GA (270nm)
10/11Arrive in final destination Brunswick Marina. Brunswick Landing Marina - A Full Service Marina in Brunswick, Georgia
10/13 Fly out of Gainesville FLA back to Hawaii.

This is an aggressive itinerary and a best case scenario. Weather can play a big roll in dates of arrivals and departures. I've selected the lay over points as I have friends in those areas that can lend assistance for transportation and provisioning.

Interested sailors should shoot me a PM or to my address at chrislaletin"at"mac"dot"com . I will respond promptly with photos of the boat.

You can also text/call me at 808, seven-seven-two, 2133

Mahalo, we will chat soon.
CL