Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2024, 03:12   #1

Live on board a triagoz 25 help needed

Greetings,

Allow me to introduce myself; I'm Mike, a 34-year-old dreamer hailing from the Germany. Ever since my youthful eyes were mesmerized by the Movie Waterworld, I've been captivated by the allure of multihull vessels. Life has thrown its curveballs, including a bout with cancer and a harrowing motorcycle incident, but through it all, one dream has remained steadfast: to live full-time aboard a boat. Yes, you can blame Waterworld for that lasting impression!

While my journey has been adorned with many sails, I've never had the privilege of calling a Boat my own. However, my passion has led me to the waters, where I've shared the joy of sailing on a Hobie Cat 20, courtesy of our local boatyard. Along the picturesque coasts and rivers of the Netherlands, I've found solace and serenity amidst the waves.

A heartfelt sidenote: the Dutch people have left an indelible mark on my heart with their kindness and their rich maritime heritage. Their generosity has inspired me to pursue my dreams with unwavering determination.

Enter my obsession: the Triagoz 25—a vessel that embodies my every maritime fantasy. Although all boats necessitate compromise, this one seems to align perfectly with my aspirations. Yet, the Triagoz 25 is a rare gem, with only a scant 16 ever crafted. Tracking down one of these elusive beauties has been a five-year odyssey, revealing a mere handful still afloat. Among them lies one in Germany, languishing in a state of disrepair—a fate I'm committed to reversing.

Hence, I've embarked on a journey with GoFundMe to resurrect her from the depths and breathe new life into her weathered frame. Together, we'll forge a new chapter—a chapter where I call her my home and traverse the vast expanse of seas and rivers.

I humbly seek your aid—not just in monetary contributions, but in the form of wisdom and encouragement. While the enormity of my request weighs heavy on my conscience, financial institutions remain elusive allies, given my modest income.

All I ask is for a moment of your time, a glance towards my campaign, and perhaps a share it. Your support means more than words can convey, propelling me closer to realizing a lifelong dream.

With deepest gratitude and boundless hope,
Mike
MikeJessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2024, 08:15   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Live on board a triagoz 25 help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJessa View Post
I humbly seek your aid—not just in monetary contributions, but in the form of wisdom and encouragement. Mike
Mike welcome. For a minute I thought you were going to put a link to a Go Fund Me Project, oh you did. I have deleted the link rather than delete the whole post.

This is the way it works on CF. People work hard, earn money and use that to fund a sailing and cruising lifestyle, whether it be the weekends or many months sailing locally or across oceans.

By all means post some photos and ask for advice along the way.

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 02:29   #3

Re: Live on board a triagoz 25 help needed

Hi Mike,

there is only one Triagoz on the market right now, the price is down to € 4.900 and might be even open for negotiations.

Owning Trimarans in Europe for quite some time now, to be honest, if you can't afford a boat with this pricetag, you also can't afford maintaining it.

Also a short remark on "LiveAboard".
I consider me as pretty minimalist, but having owned some Katamarans and Trimarans in the range of 21 to 26 foot, and having seen the interior picture of the Triagos 25, that is definitely not a liveaboard boat, especially if you suffer from a motorcycle incident.
It's no Trimaran, but there is a Wibo 930 Steel-Boat in Wiesbaden almost for free (wants € 2.300), which can be lived on with limited comfort.
SailBert is offline   Reply With Quote