Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-06-2021, 10:34   #136

Re: La Vagabonde - I don't understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewgyver View Post
You don't see Brady, Blue, etc. anymore because they've been off the boat for a couple of years. I have to admit I get tired of all the "baby Nuggs" stuff, and how everything is "Crazy!"
Agreed, we haven't seen them, and I get it's a "show" so you only show the current "actors" but this isn't TV and their channel would NOT be where it's at today without Brady (never was a fan of blue) and for whatever reason there is hardly a peep about him and the others, even removed from the previews.

A few things could've happened:

1) Brady said "I help make this channel so you'll be paying me if you use me in your videos" and Brian said no.

2) Brian simply said it's time for the three of us and not going to focus on the past.

3) Big falling out? Brady came on the boat a while back for a quick visit (a few hours?) and Blue wasn't even there. If all was rosie I seriously doubt Blue wouldn't have gone, or Brady wouldn't have stayed for a few days.

Either way, I have stopped watching them as frequently due to that.
Chili Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 10:49   #137

Boat: currently boatless and looking

I unsubscribed from all of the "cruising couples" lifestyle channels a couple of years ago. Got tired of the drama. I have no interest in seeing the wife's/ girlfriend's T&A show. Most of these channels are 90% "whooo hooo...look at me!!!" and 10% saing/ boat related.
I just stick to the solo sailors now. The ones that...you know...actually SAIL.
FoxIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 11:11   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV WELDER View Post
Fav channel by far is sailing GBU. They really put themselves out there.
I agree. Matt and Kristen are terrific.
SeansDadChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 11:13   #139

Not sure either. I watched one episode and just didn’t like it at all so never watched another. Project Atticus and SV Delos are two others I really can’t stomach.

GBU, Bums on a Boat, Beau and Brandy, Old Sea Dog: those are my faves.
SeansDadChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 11:24   #140

Lots of good points made here. All of these channels sparked my interest to 1st learn to sail , (took the courses and bought a Pearson 303)

2nd. To leave the lake, (lake Lanier) head to the USA east coast (this fall) get some costal experience then across the Gulf Stream to points south.

I find I watch less and less now unless it’s on topics like weather window or destination planning.
I did notice nobody mentioned fun on holiday, that dude is chill and his girl certainly not eye candy or full of personality 😎
MikeHelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 11:59   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Does not seem to be working for Assange.. but with him being an Aussie reporter I guess the 1st Amendment does not count..
I guess you missed the point. Your statement has nothing to do with Canada :rolleyes.
Plus he dealt in stolen documents. Not even a good try.
jojolimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 12:20   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojolimited View Post
I guess you missed the point. Your statement has nothing to do with Canada :rolleyes.

Daphne Anne Caruana Galizia was the journalist that dealt with the 'Panama Papers' that were 'stolen' and was blown up by a car bomb. Are you suggesting that anyone who handles leaked information about the corruption or war crimes of individuals and/or governments should be dealt with the same way?
chriszanf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 12:21   #143

GBU yes
Knots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 13:02   #144

Boat: Ta Chiao 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Palmer View Post
Agreed, we haven't seen them, and I get it's a "show" so you only show the current "actors" but this isn't TV and their channel would NOT be where it's at today without Brady (never was a fan of blue) and for whatever reason there is hardly a peep about him and the others, even removed from the previews.

A few things could've happened:

1) Brady said "I help make this channel so you'll be paying me if you use me in your videos" and Brian said no.

2) Brian simply said it's time for the three of us and not going to focus on the past.

3) Big falling out? Brady came on the boat a while back for a quick visit (a few hours?) and Blue wasn't even there. If all was rosie I seriously doubt Blue wouldn't have gone, or Brady wouldn't have stayed for a few days.

Either way, I have stopped watching them as frequently due to that.
While I don't pretend to know if there's been any falling out, or how they share the revenue, but all of their > 450 videos are still on YT. BTW, the one that really did kind of disappear was Brian's first wife (No, not overboard, they got divorced).
Brewgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 13:32   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszanf View Post
Daphne Anne Caruana Galizia was the journalist that dealt with the 'Panama Papers' that were 'stolen' and was blown up by a car bomb. Are you suggesting that anyone who handles leaked information about the corruption or war crimes of individuals and/or governments should be dealt with the same way?
You still don't get it. My statement about Canada not having 1st Amendment protections has absolutely nothing to do with what you are talking about. In other words, your responses had nothing to do with my statement. You seem to be unable to grasp the concept
Assange had nothing to do with getting the Panama papers. The US Govt had nothing to do with the car bomb. I'm guessing you're QAnon or something similar, unable to keep a firm grasp on reality.
jojolimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 13:37   #146

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Canada does not have first amendment protections. You say something that is politically unpopular and considered insulting against a protected group, you can be prosecuted.
How's that there 1st amendment working for ya then... lol.

For what its worth no country other than the U.S. has a first amendment (duh) and yet many of us manage to protect free speech just fine.
Old 28-06-2021, 14:02   #147
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: La Vagabonde - I don't understand

Quote:
Didn't know Canada had a 1st Amendment.. guess you missed the point..
As for stolen documents.. your only crying coz the hypocrisy and lies got found out.. so go swivel with that statement.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiot' of the West still pays for the beat of the Apartheid Drum.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 14:12   #148

Love La Vagabond those that don’t are not forced to watch. Can’t wait to see the Vietnam based videos as the new boat is built. If you are looking for other great sailing content I recommend “Free Range Sailing” very different to La Vagabond but great content.
HansChristian33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 14:33   #149

They are number 1 for the same reason coke and mc Donald’s are leading there markets. But I don’t put la vagabonde in the same class as coke amd mcds who actually sell poison, la vag are bloody good at what they do but yes others like delos and Wynn’s are even more of a class act.
simonhantler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 14:54   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post

Funny thing, the only people I know who claim the world hates Americans have never left the country. We've never experienced anything but warmth and welcome. We've also seen bad behavior among individuals from other nationalities.
Our last trip overseas, we did see two Ugly Americans, both were in very big tourist areas, that we like to avoid, but the area has lots of history so it attracts people, including us. One guy was just LOUD and the other was talking LOUDLY about his s...x life while on speaker on his cell phone. We could not hear anyone actually respond to him on the phone so we wondered if it was all an act. Thankfully, this was on a back street with nobody around.

While the above was bad, the worst groups were not from the US. There was one group sitting in the grass having a picnic with a dozen or so people, where the grass was not only roped off, but also had multiple signs saying to keep off the grass. Even a non English reader should have gotten the point.

Then there was the group of middle or high school female students running amok in a restaurant that were rude, obnoxious, loud and who trashed the woman's bathroom.

The rudest thing we saw though was from the locals. There was a huge group of men, heading off to a sports event who had packed the local transit train and were singing team songs. We were not even on the train but could here them "singing" as the train got near us and went past. I can't imagine what it was like on the train if we could hear that noise walking near the tracks. Felt really sorry for the people on that train, especially the women.

We have not had problems with being Americans overseas. Once we talked it is pretty easy to tell our country. It has led to some great conversations and new friends. A US friend of ours, who has cruised many a country in his boat, has only had one bad experience in Germany but that may because of his race, not nationality. His experiences at "showing" the flag has been positive.

People are people. Some are good and some are bad.

Later,
Dan
dannc is offline   Reply With Quote