Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2024, 15:52   #31

Re: Dragonfly 32 or 28 input appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protondecay123 View Post
Reviving an old thread, while doing research similar to the OP. Just wondering how everyone feels now with their choices?
I’m the OP and will be taking delivery of a new boat in about 6 weeks. It’s a very nice 40’ mono. And while exceedingly happy with our decision I still think about these boats - they are amazing and if there is one more new build in my life this will be our first stop.

Finally to clear up a comment I made about the 32 feeling like camping it was and is relative to the larger monos we looked at during our search. Relative to its peers it is palatial.
SV-Viento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 20:38   #32

Boat: Dragonfly 32 Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-Viento View Post
I’m the OP and will be taking delivery of a new boat in about 6 weeks. It’s a very nice 40’ mono. And while exceedingly happy with our decision I still think about these boats - they are amazing and if there is one more new build in my life this will be our first stop.

Finally to clear up a comment I made about the 32 feeling like camping it was and is relative to the larger monos we looked at during our search. Relative to its peers it is palatial.
Congrats on the new boat, what “flavor” monohull?
DragonflyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2024, 14:50   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyBob View Post
We are still super happy with our DF 32 Supreme. After my first post in this thread from late 2022, we have done a lot to the boat including total refinish of the bottom, replaced all the running rigging, added a roller furling gennaker, and full polish and compounding of the deck. We upgraded some electronics that included a new VHF and added AIS transmit capability. I think we will be adding an Iridium Go Exec system for offshore sailing and might possibly add radar in a couple of years.

We did our first long cruise with the boat last November (we were gone for 2-1/2 weeks) and I posted a thread about that trip on this site’s Multihull forum. We have another 2-3 week trip coming up in a month and we’ll probably do another fall trip. In between we’ll be doing a lot of weekend short cruises on Lake Pontchartrain and over into Mississippi Sound and the barrier islands dependent on our tolerance to the coming summer heat.
Please do keep us updated on your trips as you can. I'm kicking tires on a 28 to do some coastal sailing maybe even trip over to the Bahamas, if I can work out the logistics.
Old 25-04-2024, 17:46   #34

Boat: Dragonfly 32 Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protondecay123 View Post
Please do keep us updated on your trips as you can. I'm kicking tires on a 28 to do some coastal sailing maybe even trip over to the Bahamas, if I can work out the logistics.
We leave Lake Pontchartrain this coming Monday AM for a 2 week upper Gulf trip. Want to get back over to Port St. Joe and then go check out Apalachicola, Carrabelle, and Dog Island areas. Hoping to do two 180-200 mile offshore crossings for more experience.
DragonflyBob is offline   Reply With Quote