Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2021, 07:03   #1

Boat: AMEL
Buying Amel, Sharki, Santorin or Super Maramu?

First off thank you for your experience and insight in this matter, Im retiring young from the Navy Submarine Force for medical conditions that affect my physical ability (Bi Lat Plantar Fascia, Bi Lat Osteoarthritis Knees, and Psoriasis on my hands and fingers[like eczema its a dry skin thing]). ALL that in mind I want to spend my remaining years with my loving wife traveling the world and really enjoying the beauty of Gods creation. I have never been sailing in the traditional sense but have paid my dues at sea and yes even rocking in rough seas surface transiting. Now because of my medical conditions and wanting liveaboard/safe passage making capability Ive narrowed down after several months of research to AMEL..... The problem is I cant decide between WHICH AMEL so id like to hear from the fleet the pro's and con's from the difference in models and difference in size.

If money wasnt an issue id take an AMEL 54 and never look back but Im looking ideally for something liveaboard ready/comfortable while still being affordable. Im hoping for low maintenance and will be leaving some money aside for equipment upgrades if necessary though would love turn key home.

Alright let the games begin!
Wolfganguntoten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying