Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2016, 04:43   #31

Boat: Beneteau Idylle 13.5, C&C 31, and Windrider 16
Re: New Sailor To Forum - New Bern, NC !

Hi Tammy,

I actually came on CF today to see if I could find an experienced hand to help a prospective buyer take my current Catalina 38 around to Mobile AL.

My wife and I are relatively novice sailors but have both completed the ASA courses and sail out of Ensign Harbor Marina in Merritt (just outside Oriental). We could teach you the basics and are always willing to help someone learn!

My regular email is my name garthbirdsey AT msn DOT com.

I find the CF email hard to use.

I have purchased a larger boat to replace the Catalina and have the Catalina for sale right now. I have it priced pretty aggressively so don't expect to own it for long.
birdsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 08:21   #32
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Luhrs 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleT View Post
Good afternoon. I am new to the forum, in search of a Captain with the desire to teach a new sailor. My interest was peaked by an ex, he taught me the basics and my desire to learn more and eventually live aboard has grown. I am a US Marine living in the New Bern, NC area. Open to suggestions, advice and making new friends in the Sailing community.
Blessings,
Tammy
Tammy, welcome aboard. Do you currently own a boat or are you looking for a captain with a boat to teach you the ropes?
CaptaindeJong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 08:23   #33

Boat: TBD

Good afternoon, I'm interested in a Captain to teach me the ropes. I'm a hands on learning type.
Old 29-10-2016, 11:50   #34

Boat: Beneteau Idylle 13.5, C&C 31, and Windrider 16

Hello Tammy, Welcome to Cruiser Forum! I thought I had sent you a message but I guess I was incorrect!

My wife and I sail out of Broad Creek in Merritt (near Oriental) We are both retired Navy and my last ship was LHD-3 and we had MEU-22 onboard! (That was in 1995!).

We are planning a trip out this week sometime and will most likely be sailing through the weekend. We are sailing a Catalina 38 which is a fast and fun boat. This will be our last trip of the year but will be back in the spring.

Let us know if you are interested in sailing with a couple old squids!

Garth and Belinda
birdsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 12:28   #35

Boat: TBD

I would be more than excited!! Please contact me 336 512 7325
Old 04-12-2016, 11:13   #36
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Twin mast 17m motor sailor

Greetings Tammy, I am planning to sail my yacht from Greece to the Seychelles
via the Red Sea next year and am looking to put together an adventurous group to join me. If that sound interesting to you drop me an email on oceansafari4@gmail.com for details.
windwizard4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 11:57   #37

Boat: Homebuilt--my second, mostly complete. 49' cat

Hi, this is Philip in Rome, NY. I have found it rare to find a woman who is interested in the liveaboard life. I am about to get back to mine aboard my new 50 foot catamaran which will splash down near Oneida Lake in May. Self-designed, self built (not quite complete just yet) twin masted, junk rigged (the easiest to build and to sail), luxury (to me) home on the water.

I am early retired as well (judging by the picture), just turned 60, non-smoker, with two cats to join me in my trip to the (eventually) Virgins. If you are still looking to go liveaboard, send me a message. Very long term, I hope to sail to the South Atlantic, maybe even Antarctica (that might be the most hospitable continent in a few years---lol). Looking to see lots of islands along the way.
Philip St1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rum, sail