I am finally ready to move my 33' Morgan Out Island
south from Barnegat Bay down to NC. I am looking for someone with coastal / close offshore
experience, who just wants to go sailing for awhile. I will provide food
and transportation home. You can take a few days or all the way to NC.
No drugs, tobacco or alcohol. Lots of good clean sailing fun.
My very preliminary schedule and route
Leave between Sept 3rd (Thursday) and the weekend.
1) 50 miles / day. More if we are comfortable with night sailing. Sail as much as possible, as opposed to motoring all the way.
2) Dawn to dusk. Anchored an hour before dusk at the latest unless doing night sailing.
Starting at Cedar Creek in Barnegat Bay
1) Atlantic City
2) Cape May
3) Decision - Take the canal
from the Delaware River to the Chesapeake and down the Chesapeake. If I don't find a volunteer then this is my route
. Or sail down the coast of Delaware.
3) Lots of 1 day hops down the coast / Chesapeake.
4) Maybe take the Dismal Swamp. I'm told it is a nice leg.
5) Decision - Tuck in at the top of the Pemlico sound and sail inside the sound (probably) or continue south on the outside.
for Oriental / New Bern.
I need someone comfortable with managing a 33' boat