Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2023, 01:33   #1

Australian South & East Coast

I'm a fit 24 year old with no sailing experience, but have an eagerness to learn.

I am available at reasonable notice (two weeks or so) to help crew on sailboats for trips up to four weeks in duration on boats of any size given there is an opportunity to learn something along the way. I'd like to learn general boat handling, helming, maintenance, sail trimming, navigation, passage making: you name it!

I am based in Melbourne, but would be happy to fly anywhere within the south and east of Australia (Tasmania, Sydney, Brisbane) in order to get onto a trip if the trip would be long enough to warrant the flight.

I am happy to help cover food and other expenses within reason.

I hope to buy a boat of my own one day, but first want to get some miles under my belt.

Thanks for your consideration all!
caenum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2023, 13:12   #2

Boat: Swarbrick S-80
Re: Australian South & East Coast

Try contacting the ORCV (Offshore Racing Club of Victoria) and they値l set you up with a boat that is looking for crew.
ORCV tends to do longer races.

Alternatively, join one of the yacht clubs around Port Phillip and they値l also set you up with a boat.
These will focus more on 1-3 hour races.

In both cases it will help if you have some skills such as a competent crew course.
If you池e keen, PM me and I値l give you my recommendations for schools.
ChrisJHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2023, 15:53   #3

Re: Australian South & East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJHC View Post
Try contacting the ORCV (Offshore Racing Club of Victoria) and they値l set you up with a boat that is looking for crew.
ORCV tends to do longer races.

Alternatively, join one of the yacht clubs around Port Phillip and they値l also set you up with a boat.
These will focus more on 1-3 hour races.
Thanks for the advice! Have looked at a few clubs around the bay and hoping to get on some keelboats soon.
caenum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, east coast