Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2023, 11:58   #1

Boat: Brewer 12.3
Savannah to Boston and Back

Sailing late May from Savannah Ga to Boston and Back.
Lazy trip thru Chesapeake , long island sound, few stops here and there , off shore inshore, what ever weather indicates. I am planning 1 week stay over in Boston. Visiting my daughter.
Boat, 1984 Brewer 43 ft. Just refitted, good shape. Good blue water vessel.

You supply own food, liquor etc, Common shopping experience, just pitch in.
I am 68 retired engineer. Off shore experience, lots of club racing in sound and some off shore.
Bring your kid, grandchild, spouse, significant other if wanted.
Not about making miles but having adventure. I estimate total 5-6 weeks total time.
Oldwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2023, 23:14   #2

Re: Savannah to Boston and Back

Would you be agreeable to a crewmember who only sails with you for a week or so? Or, do you need someone who will sail with you the entire length of the trip?
SaintAygulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 13:54   #3

Boat: Brewer 12.3

up dated
The plan "loosely"
About 1st of June head out from Savannah. Probably offshore to Chesapeake bay, approx 3 days. Up the bay, thru canal to Delaware river. Offshore, to NewYork city. Thru canal to Long island sound up to Buzzards Bay (bottom of Cape cod). Stay there about a week.

Return via same route.
Stops for interesting places as interest of crew. Visit friends possible.
It is a 5 days sail non stop via offshore. add time up to a week each direction as interest.
All plans are weather dependent. I have sailed 40 knot winds off shore. Above that the comfort level goes down. Boat is capable of more.

I am painting my deck and doing refits on much. Pushing hard to get it done. May be a few days off.
Boat is located Isle of Hope marina, Savannah, Ga. Pickup at air port possible.

Most likely spend a day or two at dock getting provisions, and every thing squared away.

I have 3 offshore life preservers that are self inflating and several regular. Communication is limited off shore thru Garmin Inreach.
Oldwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2023, 12:13   #4

I am available to crew from Savannah to Annapolis if that is something you need. Let me know if you want to meet up to discuss.
Savannah Mike is offline   Reply With Quote