Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2021, 22:58   #16

Re: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post
If you can find a legal way to get to Townsville you are more than welcome to sail with me but i doubt that Chairman Dan will let you go and mama Anna surely will not let you in so looks i have to keep going solo.
Hi there ,
Hopefully travel lockdowns will be eased soon, are you still looking for crew to help you ?
Cheers
Paolo
Old 14-10-2021, 22:59   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
Wow, this is painful to read. I’m stuck on the East Coast of Tasmania, trying to make my way north and thinking an extra pair of hands would make life a lot simpler right now.

But yeah, being in Melbourne kinda limits your options, doesn’t it.

I suspect, like me, you’ll be watching like a hawk for the states to come to some kind of an agreement on cross border travel. It is reasonable to assume it is going to require you to be vaccinated, so if you haven’t sorted that one out for yourself yet I’d get on to it now. It would be a shame to miss the cross-border frenzy when it happens.

Hi there ,
Hopefully travel lockdowns will be eased soon, are you still looking for crew to help you ?
Cheers
Paolo
Old 14-10-2021, 23:00   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy30 View Post
planning to sail towards Australia next year from BOI, NZ next year hopefully via Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu. likely looking for 1-2 crew for all or part. may leave boat in American Samoa a few months in August/Sept.

very difficult to say but generally heading that way!

Hi there ,
Cheers
Paolo
Old 15-10-2021, 20:28   #19

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigger-sailor View Post
Hi there ,

Cheers

Paolo

Sorry mate, I’m only 300 nautical miles from my destination now with a weather window two days from now that might see me do the remainder of the trip in one hit.

Of course, the first 600 nautical miles have taken the better part of two months to complete, so I may be kidding myself.
Old 19-11-2021, 20:16   #20

Boat: 2011 58 Sunreef 60ft

Hi I just picked up a 2011 58 sunreef catamaran in Phuket Thailand planning on sailing back to florida I do have one friend who will be making the first part of the journey and departing probably Darwin Australia if you are interested in making the trip would like to chat thank you Chris
Old 20-11-2021, 22:25   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthewind1 View Post
Hi I just picked up a 2011 58 sunreef catamaran in Phuket Thailand planning on sailing back to florida I do have one friend who will be making the first part of the journey and departing probably Darwin Australia if you are interested in making the trip would like to chat thank you Chris
Hi Chris, I would be happy to have a chat about it .... Paolo
Old 21-11-2021, 08:07   #22

Boat: 2011 58 Sunreef 60ft

Good morning Paolo, I am just about to board a flight now but I will be available after 3pm central time my phone is 847-909-9999 I'm on WhatsApp if that is easier. Look forward to hearing from you.
Chris.
Old 08-04-2022, 19:14   #23

Boat: Caliber 40 LRC, 40'

To Rigger-sailor My boat is located in Brisbane area, Scarborough. I'm headed back to the boat on Apr 12th Brisbane time. Below is my crew wanted ad. Not sure if you are still available.

Australia to Home
Australia has opened up as of Feb 20th for tourists so we can get back to the sailboat located in Brisbane and go to other countries that are open enough along the route west about to get home. The route is Brisbane, Tanzania, Durban, Richards Bay, Cape Town, Caribbean, Panama Canal, Hawaii, and Seattle. About 25,000 nm overall which would take about 8 ½ months at 100 miles a day plus stops along the way for safari, tourist stuff, food, fuel and maybe repairs?
If anyone is interested in helping out along one or more of the above legs my prospective experienced Russian crew of three from Siberia seem to be having flight problems thanks to Putin and sanctions. A smaller crew would be better due to space and personal gear. I am looking for two would ideal, to one person who would be interested in helping out for the above route. The boat is a 40 foot, Caliber 40 LRC, 2001 year that more information can be seen on our blog svcodeblue.wordpress.com, then “code blue the boat” for pictures, equipment information and such. There is also a factory website still up at CaliberYacht.com then Models, Caliber 40 LRC SEries, that shows various information about the model of the boat. There is a special App that most US citizens and from seven other countries a person can go to and get an Aus visa in about 30 minutes for Aus$20, about US$15. You need a current passport and other information qualifications needed that most people would not have a problem with, that I can provide information on. Judy, my wife, had an aortic heart valve replacement in 2017, that turned out great and doing fine, but she doesn’t want to be away from medical help if needed on long passages. Maybe Caribbean thru the canal with stops along the way. We’ll see how it goes. If you or someone you know that would be interested please contact me at my email dauzy1 at gmail dot com. There are websites for crew/skippers might be a good alternative from someone in the South Pacific, I’ll probably try once I arrive April 12th. Please note: This is all written in sand at low tide.
Steve Dauzenroth,
dauzy1 at gmail dot com
Dauzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia