Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Indian Ocean & Red Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2017, 22:18   #16

Boat: Jeanneau SO409
Re: My charter sail in Phuket, Thailand (video included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
Now, it just makes this smell like the thinly vieled commercial post that it is....shouldnt this be in the Commerce section? Dont you need to be a registered commercial user to make commercial posts?
Is this directed towards me? I'm confused. I wasn't trying to do an 'advertisement' or a 'commercial' post. I was just trying to share my trip. One of the reasons why I signed up for Cruisers Forum is to look up trips that other people took and learn from them.

I just wanted to show others where to go and what to do... sorry if this seemed 'commercial' by any means
Cool Hand Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 22:57   #17

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
Is this directed towards me? I'm confused. I wasn't trying to do an 'advertisement' or a 'commercial' post. I was just trying to share my trip. One of the reasons why I signed up for Cruisers Forum is to look up trips that other people took and learn from them.

I just wanted to show others where to go and what to do... sorry if this seemed 'commercial' by any means
I didn't see it as if you were advertising. Thanks for posting.

You get used to taking a few bumps here, I was so fragile and delicate when I first posted, full of scars now, but I'm still here... Lol.

Stay away from the single man thread, it can be brutal.. Lol.
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 07:17   #18

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post

My apologies if I misinterpreted the intent of your post. With so many self-promoters out there these days, it looked like another self promoting post to me.

Dont want to discourage you sharing experiences.

[emoji253]
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 07:26   #19

Boat: Tartan 3000

Spent many years in Thailand. Every day is a surprise. Back again in March. Great place.
Larry Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 09:18   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Not sure how long ago that was, but do you know what the present time restrictions are for keeping a Langkawi registered yacht in Phuket?
Visit FB group "Phuket Cruising Yacht Club". Friendly bunch. They can likely give you the official and *ahem* unofficial answer.

Good luck!
MakingWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 12:54   #21

Really nice videos and I can see you took a lot of time to shoot and create them.

Don't worry about the haters on CF. By my calculation it's a minimum of 20% of responses when posting something about your experience on a trip or how you handled an event while sailing or docking. Unfortunately, seems the cruising world produces a lot of cynical experts.

The good news is there are a lot of super helpful experts here which for me makes it worth reading and learning.
leboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 13:46   #22

Very cool video! Thanks for sharing. If you were to go back do you think you would opt for a power cat instead of a sailing cat? Seems like if sailing was a 2/10 (I saw what you did there) then a power cat with a little more space might be a better choice?

A buddy of mine is trying to talk me into Thailand next year, we'll see how it goes.
Old 31-10-2017, 14:21   #23
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Herreshoff Caribbean 50

Thailand ..Little or no wind or too much (rarely) Can keep a foreign flagged boat up to six months plus an extension of 2 months... Fantastic food and lovely people . Who described a huge tide as 6 feet LMAO

Tags
charter, sail, Thailand