Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2022, 08:47   #1

my crazy dream

ok, I am old and fat, but i have a dream....now, i have only been sailing once before--on my brother's catamaran in a lake...but I have a dream--to leave this boring life behind and head for the tropics in a cheap catamaran bought off of craigslist for maybe $2000 or so...

i would buy the cat and fix it up and learn how to sail...i would construct some sort of waterproof towable storage compartment to tow behind the cat...

once I am ready, i would trailer the cat to south texas and launch the boat and head south...i would need to get a mexican visa first...

I would carry water and a little stove and my personal documents in the storage thingy because there is no room on cat tramp for that...

i would head south to central america, sticking close to the shore and beaching the cat at night...if a storm comes up, i just head for the beach which is nearby...

i would live off fish i catch as well as seaweed and maybe i can pick some fruit once i beach in the evening...

if the boat needs repair, I would dock it and pay for repairs at a marina...or just fix it myself...when the cat reaches the end of its life, i would just buy an old handmade wooden sailboat in some small coastal village...probably cost a pittance...

with a small sailboat, i would be extremely low profile and could dispense with such niceties as visas...just cruise up and down the atlantic coast of central america and mexico for the rest of my life....gazing up at stars at night and pondering the tragedy of existence...

when i grow old and weary of life, the sea mother beckons and i would take comfort in its cold embrace...
rapping boomer is offline   Reply With Quote