Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2022, 16:59   #16

Re: *Hurricane Ian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvweebles View Post
Disgusting. Nice try attempting to sugar coat a really ugly human trait. There are thousands of people tonight who have lost everything, and your instinct is to profit from their tragedy. If you're coming down, why not bring tools and help them instead of robbing what little is left?

Have you no shame? Buying a project boat cheap isn't enough?
I’m offended by your post. It was probably you that single handedly directed the hurricane in their direction just so you can simply sell them more insurance. You don’t know me and there’s no reason why I have to defend myself for wanting to buy a project boat. Go be angry somewhere else.
LostatC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2022, 17:41   #17

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostatC View Post
I’m offended by your post. It was probably you that single handedly directed the hurricane in their direction just so you can simply sell them more insurance. You don’t know me and there’s no reason why I have to defend myself for wanting to buy a project boat. Go be angry somewhere else.
I'm guessing that you don't understand why so many that have replied seem to share the same sentiments. Perhaps stepping back and reassessing your question may be in order.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2022, 18:39   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostatC View Post
Which one do you want in the pic below? There's a tragic back story to each. They could use a hand, not a lowball offer so you can build your dream off the back of their broken dream. If you have the skills to tackle a project, volunteer with your tools. You will find your hurricane project with honor.

You're offended? Please...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trawler%20Forum835567150_374x289.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	265195
Attachment 265197
mvweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2022, 22:02   #19

You understand how it works, don’t you? The boat owner puts in a claim to their insurance, depending on the nature and severity of the damage, the insurance will cut the boat owner a check and assume ownership of the boat. At that point, insurance will sell the boat to recoup some of it’s losses. In no way am I trying to take advantage of the boats owner. They’re out of the equation by the time I get involved, unless he/she decides he’s also looking for a project boat. More often then not, they’re just going to be happy to have the extra cash on hand to help them through this tragedy. I promise you, I didn’t cause the hurricane, I wish it wouldn’t have happened, and I myself am trying to rebuild my life after a very tough period in my life. There’s nothing wrong with that, no matter how hard you try to find fault in it.
Old 01-10-2022, 17:41   #20
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Moderator Comment -

Being as a similar thread was recently closed due to infighting, this is good time to restate part of the community rules.
  • Personal attacks on others will NOT be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
  • Our rules extend to all sections of the website including private messaging.
If you believe you are the subject of an ad hominem attack, please do NOT respond to it publicly how ever much you want to. Doing so simply becomes another ad hominem attack and double the moderators workload - and we don’t like that. It is also a sure fire way of getting the discussion closed down.

Instead, use the report function to advise the moderators of your concerns. We will assess your concern collectively and take action as we see fit. Most times there is moderator on line and if the matter is egregious, a temporary solution will be put in place until a collective resolution is determined.

Please note, the report function for a PM is situated at the top RHS of the PM while the report icon for a general post is situated at the bottom LHS of every post.

Your assistance in keeping CF a friendly place to visit is appreciated.

The community rules can be read here
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 18:47   #21

I agree wholeheartedly, I have no idea why anyone would come on here to argue with anyone. If you don’t like the thread or nothing of value to add then just move along, along, along.

Tags
hurricane