Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2018, 09:46   #1

Question Help locating a part for a CDI furler?

Hello all,
I am hoping someone on this forum might be able to help out. My Ericson 30+ came with a Cruising Designs Inc. Reefer II-8 roller furler. Search as I might, I cannot find anywhere on the boat the 'cam activator' device need to take that headsail down. The PO of the boat is of zero help. I've called the manufacturer's tech support and the person I talked with was unaware of the old design and could offer no help other than say they no longer make that model. Perhaps someone here may have had a CDI Reefer II that was replaced with a more modern furler but may still have the 'cam activator' laying around or maybe know somewhere one might be available. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable price. Following is an illustration of the device and its use:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cam Activator 041418.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	168116  
GKJ Texoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 06:28   #2

Re: Help locating a part for a CDI furler?

All I can say is good luck. I needed some parts for our old CDI and it was frustrating. Eventually just replaced it with a Hood.
WSMFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 08:15   #3

Re: Help locating a part for a CDI furler?

Hello there! Thanks, I am beginning to think something like that myself. I've posted this question on three sailing forums -- but there is still time. What was your experience with the 'cam' holding up the headsail? Seem flimsy to me. And running something up to flip the cam seems bad if the roller furling fails and you need to get the sail down quickly.
GKJ Texoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cdi, furler