Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2016, 17:45   #1

Rinsing CDI furler bearing

I have recently purchased a boat with a CDI FF1 jib roller furler. I understand no maintenance is required other than every couple of years to rinse the nylon bearing in the furler drum. I have read that this takes only about 5 minutes and does not require to jib to be taken down. Darned if I can figure out how to do the job, however. Can anyone enlighten me about what steps to go through to rinse the bearing without taking everything apart.

Thanks.

I have bought a boat with a CDI FF1 jib roller-furler, and I understand that no maintenace of the furler is required other than every few years rinse the main nylon bearing in the furler drum. I have read that this only takes 5 minutes and can be done with out taking down the jib. Darned if I can figure out how, though. Can anyone enlighten me about exactly what steps to perform?

Thanks.

I have bought a boat with a CDI FF1 jib roller-furler, and I understand that no maintenace of the furler is required other than every few years rinse the main nylon bearing in the furler drum. I have read that this only takes 5 minutes and can be done with out taking down the jib. Darned if I can figure out how, though. Can anyone enlighten me about exactly what steps to perform?

Thanks.

Thanks.
tclC-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 17:48   #2

Boat: Seaward 22
Re: Rinsing CDI furler bearing

Reach out to CDI. I had a CDI furler and their customer service was helpful.
ohdrinkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cdi, furler