Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 15:17   #31

Boat: Tartan 34C
Re: Following ZeeHag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
Sure they can leave on a friday just have to leave before noon local time. a naval day starts at the noon sun siting.
Whatevs - you gonna place a wager or flap your monkey lips? All bets are local time San Diego.

John
Feral Cement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 15:18   #32

Boat: Tartan 34C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adax View Post
Good on ya Zee . Fair winds .
Great site David and Brian .
My bet Sat 0800H local time
The 9th I presume?

John
Feral Cement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 15:28   #33

Boat: FPD 1760 LCD 17"screen

Oops, indeed Sat April 9th 8.00H local time ...
Old 01-04-2011, 15:45   #34
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

SaltyMonkey doesn't drink///\/\\/\

SaltyMonkey is a designated sailor
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 17:00   #35

Boat: Cal 40 (sold). Still have a Hobie 20

Did any progress get made on the stuffing box/stern tube, temporary or permanent?

John
cal40john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 17:59   #36

Send a message via AIM to meburma Send a message via Yahoo to meburma Send a message via Skype™ to meburma
Zee will have to answer that one. I know the major work on it will happening Mazatlan.

WithSailsUnfurled.com - The Adventure of a Lifetime Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers
meburma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 19:07   #37

Boat: Islander Freeport 41' Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Cement View Post
I agree with your general comment, but differ with you on the details. To wit:

1) Zeehag isn't selling anything, and this thread is about her - yes, a popular poster on this site.

2) David is documenting the prep and (soon) voyage of Solitary Bird. I looked on about 10 pages of his site and didn't see any request or requirement for payment.

3) I have seen many blogs that had ads in the margins, and products for sale if you were so inclined. So long as that aspect is secondary, I have no problem with it; CF is loaded with ads and I go right past them UNLESS they are showing something I might be interested in. I have pretty good filtering eyes.

Lights.....camera.......ACTION!

John
I don't think it can be explained better than that. TOTAL AGREEMENT.
ty.gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 19:17   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by meburma View Post
Actually her boat is at the tail end of that video. She's the doll we are shouting hello to at the end and laughing and smiling with as we motor around her at her mooring.

However, her boat didn't look as good then as it does now with the decks cleared the bottom scrubbed and closer and closer to sailing.

I will post to CFs Facebook page. I definitely saw a boost in traffic after the "First Sail" video was replayed by CF to the FB page.

Oh and I just realized. In the rush to get the new design live I neglected to reload the link back to CF on my site.

Better run and do that.
Are you kidding me!!!!! That was our Zeehag??? I had no idea. I liked that person, whomever she was. I almost asked about her, but to my recollection, you gave her a different name. i remember her sitting all cool and colected and happy and waving on the side of her boat as you passed by... She is my friend, tho we never met. Hug her for me!!! I liked what you said, she is a total doll, and a friend of this forum!
Old 01-04-2011, 19:25   #39

Oh, one more thing, she can't type. I mean SHE CAN NOT TYPE. I mean with all sincerety, she is the very worst typist I have ever seen! But we look beyond all that...
Old 01-04-2011, 19:31   #40

Send a message via AIM to meburma Send a message via Yahoo to meburma Send a message via Skype™ to meburma
LOL what's wrong with her pirate type? Seriously though she has rotten hands and a tiny netbook keyboard. It's amazing she types at all!

She is a very lovely spirit to be around and she's made moving into this world exciting, fun and a bit less overwhelming.

I'm hoping someday she will let me turn my camera on her and get an interview on film!

WithSailsUnfurled.com - The Adventure of a Lifetime Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers
Old 01-04-2011, 19:39   #41
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Yeha there, meburma. She doesn't need to be interviewed. She has you as a press secretary now
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 20:56   #42

I disagree, I want her interviewed!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 21:15   #43
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Tygregory--in time, luv..in time..... I dont do well on camera....lol
i have been very fortunate with packing gland issue- -i willbe able to replace it in maz and do some other work a swell and have me a wonderful shiplet-- thanks to you awesome folks!

As for myhands-- they truly do sukk-- i want a refund. Typoing isnot easy and i sometimes frget to proofread my writings-- sometimes i cannot understand quite what i do write to correct it..lol-- i try hard tho--takes some time ot file a post.

When we took this baby outthe other day ad motor sailed to cop dock, we found very little water dripping into bilges from packing gland-- still has the wax on to prevent lots of leaking--i have a pipe repair kit, a bunch of stuff that sticks well to all materials to keep out water, and many spares. Spare raw water pump and impllers, spare fresh water pump and some other stuffies necessary to prevent mayhem and bad stuff. I wont say anything about when we leave until i am done replacing chainplates and on the way so you guys can figger out who is closest to our departure time.
My only hint as to timing-- we are doing this work ourselves...we are only dependent upon the machine shop and anchor arrival.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 21:21   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag
tygregory--in time, luv..in time.....i dont do well on camera....LOL
i have been very fortunate with packing gland issue--i willbe able to replace it in maz and do some other work a swell and have me a wonderful shiplet-- thanks to you awesome folks!

aS FOR MYHANDS-- THEY truly do SUKK-- I WANT A REFUND. typoing isnot easy and i sometimes frget to proofread my writings-- sometimes i cannot understand quite what i do write to correct it..LOL-- i try hard tho--takes some time ot file a post.

when we took this baby outthe other day ad motor sailed to cop dock, we found very little water dripping into bilges from packing gland-- still hAS THE Wax on to prevent lots of leaking--i have a pipe repair kit, a bunch of stuff that sticks well to all materials to keep out water, and mANY SPARES. spare raw water pump and impllers, spare fresh water pump and some other stuffies necessary to prevent mayhem and bad stuff. i wont say anything about when we leave until i am done replacing chainplates and on the way so you guys can figger out who is closest to our departure time.
my only hint as to timing-- we are doing this work ourselves...we are only dependent upon the machine shop and anchor arrival.
Oh damn I forgot 'bout the anchor.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:35   #45

Location: Quaker Hill, CT (just above the US Coast Guard Academy)
Boat: Silverton 34 Convertible

Can't talk about anchors;

"Following the recent revamp of Cruisers Forum rules, your moderation team has decided to ban threads referring to anchors"

Geeezzzzz
AfterHoursNLCT is offline   Reply With Quote