Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-04-2015, 15:21   #196

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Re: Haiti attack on Cruisers.

I should have been a pirate. The gov. getting me screwed rather than screwing me.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2015, 16:43   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
I should have been a pirate. The gov. getting me screwed rather than screwing me.
Claude_Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 08:57   #198

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_Marie View Post
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 20:42   #199

Boat: 1971 cal 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestepcsy37 View Post
Here in the USA gun laws vary from state to state, so with 50 states you can imagine the confusion. Some states, like Massachusetts and New York, are downright anti-gun. There are also federal gun laws although they tend to be general, not as specific as state laws.

In the state I live in, Florida, laws are generally relaxed. For instance, private sales of guns between individuals are not regulated at all. I think buyers are required to show the seller that they are Florida residents, drivers license will do. Not sure if the seller has to do the same. But whether this happens in any specific sale is unknown.
all rather interesting since the constitution,the supreme law of the land, states that the rigt to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed upon. gun laws, of any sort, are an infringement. but i guess it's like george the younger said, it's just a darned piece of paper (quote edited for language)
first wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 20:47   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
the plant can feed in excess of 10 billion, and many more then that if we stopped eating meat How Many People Can Planet Earth Support? | When Will the Human Population Start to Decline?
the solution? soilent green
Old 29-04-2015, 20:50   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
you would have to question the sanity of an ordinary family sailing in Haitian waters at present
oh no. that's silly. they are just normal poor folk. no one bad and nothing to be avoided. just offer them food. they won't rob you if you do that.
Old 29-04-2015, 20:52   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Wish it was so but reality is that they will all grab the opportunity if they can. In that area, it is the way of things, their "normal".
hmmm much like chicago
Old 16-05-2015, 18:38   #203

Boat: Gulf Star Texas 50 ft.

It is very unfortunate these kind folks were attacked at Petite Port a Piment, Haiti. However' I have been living, working, and sailing in Haitian waters nearly 30 years. I currently live aboard our Gulf Star 50 at Ile a Vache, been working here the past 15 yrs. Haiti is no different than any other place ! There simply are places in the USA I personally would never sail into. Coming from Cuba I don't understand how they ended up North of Port au Prince ? Anywhere close to P au P is a bad place to enter on a vessel. Ile a Vache is a beautiful, tropical layed back paradise ! We have never had any problem here. We leave the boat many times, never even close the hatches or lock anything. Personally my experience , we've had much more problems running along Cuba then ever in Haiti. There are just places in Haiti as well as places in other countries we should avoid. Ile a Vache is a very safe haven for any passing cruiser !

capt. pastor. Raymond Bideaux, +1 509 34 78 95 53
raymondbideaux@gmail.com
r.bideaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:55   #204

FEBRUARY ATTACHED BY "POLICE".....
HAITI AND DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

We left Cartagena on the 25th January (5 months there) after 2 days at sea, Girlfriend said she could not eat old food... meaning left overs. First time at sea. So she learned to cook at sea in 25 knots beating into it. What a champ. Was super nice to have fresh cooked paticon and eggs and fresh fruits served to me in the cockpit...*

7 days we made Ile aux Vauche, Haiti. Anchored and checked in next day. From there it all went bad. They Haitian/RCMP/DEA...(still working on figuring out who they are) boarded us at about 4 pm that days. Held us captive for 4 days with no access to embassy or lawyers. US coast gaurd came for day 2 and 3 and found nothing.. then erased their presence from on board survalance system. people. at home knew our last position so UN police showed up on 3 day and said they would watch but nothing more the could do. ... no human rights in Haiti. .. 4 days or 10 years or death.... what ever they wish.....

On the 4 day they put us to sea, at anchor, and said you are free to go...

50 k in damage to the boat. Robbed and with steering disabled. I got emergency steering working and headed to sea. Very sleep deprived. DR. Anchored, *but Haitians called friends in police in DR and told them it was a free for all and we where boarded a again at midnight, robbed, held for 14 hours this time and then told you are free to go....headed for Frank V's Marina in Boca Chica and he slowed down the 3 and 4 boarding.....repaired the boat and headed for BVIs where I am now and woke up to a deaf cat at 7am as custom officer at the fuel dock as boarding welcome. WOW. Girlfriend is shocked at the world now. Me too. People say colombia is dangerous. ...

BtW nothing covered by insurance because it was the athoritis. ...

Ile aux Vache Haiti at anchor, Bahia de las aguila dominican republic at anchor ,Cabo Rojo police Dominican Republic. Boca chica dominican republic a marina

I will building a website to get the word out.
I have 9000 video clips of the 2 week event
markhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:02   #205
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

Again, why would anybody in their right mind go to Haiti?
It is a lawless sh!t hole.
The word has been out for years, yet people still go there and act surprised...
Old 07-06-2015, 09:19   #206

R.bideaux
Where in the USA would you simply not sail into ?

Markhatter would love to see video clips....Best to stay out of those LAWLESS areas....How did US Coastguard get involved ? and why would they Erase your video monitors ? Seems they would want to help you out ?? Form all reports Haiti is named correctly !! HELL ON EARTH...
Traumagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:05   #207

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_Marie View Post
Thanks for posting this !!
I cannot refrain from laughing my head out...

French foreign policy ...prostitutes....

Who on earth else than a french could have worked out a such solution ?

Rolling on the floor.
Girl power, yeah !!
Quebec!
zboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:47   #208

It was the American and Canadian Law men running the show in both Haiti and Dominican Republic.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
Again, why would anybody in their right mind go to Haiti?
It is a lawless sh!t hole.
The word has been out for years, yet people still go there and act surprised...
markhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:56   #209

Things have changed. In 2003, the U.S. Coast Guard chased a drug boat that beached itself on the north shore of Haiti. It took over four hours for the DEA and Coast Guard to get permission to land in Haiti, all of the time watching the boat get first unloaded of dope, and then stripped by the locals. When they finally were able to land, everybody was gone, and their was nothing but fiberglass left.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:38   #210

Boat: Nimble Artic 26

14 years ago, I headed north at Puerto Plata DR. to avoid Haiti, based on advice from from cruisers back then, seems its only gotten worse. From other notes, it appears a wise course to stay north or south of the DR as well.

Tags
cruise, cruiser, Haiti