Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2022, 10:36   #31
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Clearing to St Martin from USVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish 2018 View Post
Right-on! Man's got to know his limitations. You, sir, do! Keep in keeping on!!
https://youtu.be/jhOwbIUS5fw

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".

"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 13:09   #32

Boat: Prout Advent
Re: Clearing to St Martin from USVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfarrell1949 View Post
Hi...very interesting to hear all the input. I am currently in Sint Maarten (Philipsburg) for the second time in the last month and just came here most recently from Marigot. Prior to that I was in Guadeloupe, arriving there from USVI. Leaving USVI, bound for Guadeloupe, we did Covid testing as required for French islands but was never asked for the test results, either in Guadeloupe or St Martin. In addition we never cleared out from USVI...I've heard that's now an issue going to Mexico from the US but not elsewhere and certainly not in the Carib as far as I know. Clear in in French islands is easier than in Dutch but only because you have to go to Dutch customs/immigration office rather than just use a computer. If you come into Philipsburg to a marina you'll probably be coming to Bobby's Marina (15 minute walk from here to immigration office) & I say "here" because we're in the marina waiting for repairs. Here on the Dutch side you pay when you leave and I think that includes a small daily anchoring fee. If you go into Marigot, you can clear in at Ile marine chandlery which as mentioned is at the fuel dock as you enter the lagoon. here there is no charge (biz hopes you'll give them some biz) and no anchoring fee either. Also our experience is that Marigot is more rolly than Philipsburg if that matters.
The lagoon is not as rolling as the bay but Grand Case is much better and great restaurants! French side you don’t pay to enter (bridge fee) and anchoring is free. I go to the Dutch side regularly costs 10 minutes in a dingy.
Simon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 17:20   #33
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Eleuthera 60

Currently anchored in the Caribbean. Bummer to read countless people not put any outward resistance to this blatant BS that is covid and everything surrounding it. Everyone I know has had it, half of them were injected with something to lessen its intensity, I don't know anyone that has died from it...and duh, life is a fatal condition. The Black Plague was 1 out of 4 people...thats a freaking crisis.

Say "No" as often as possible, be a pain in the @ss while remaining courteous, and live life. All this false charity crap was annoying last year...now its just dangerous.

Oh, and I cleared French-side last month. No issues or covid nonsense. No fees to anchor. Shrimpy is still alive; but I was told his wife has died...God rest her soul. Going sailing everyone ;-)
sv Stella Maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 17:31   #34
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Clearing to St Martin from USVI

R. I. P Sally..
A great little lady..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".

"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:06   #35

I was just there two weeks ago. It is very easy to clear the Dutch side which is located just north of the swing bridge to Simpson Bay Lagoon. You can drop anchor in Simpson Bay and dinghy in to the dock on the bay side of the bridge. You will need to go on line and fill out the EHAS form (https://stmaartenehas.com/application-form/) per person and pay the $15 Health insurance cost 24 hours before arrival and self monitor body temperature for five days. Keep in mind that if you take your boat to the French side, you will need to check out of the Dutch side and check in on the French side, but, there are no immigration requirements if you drive on land from one side to the other (crazy).
TheZenSailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
St Martin