Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2022, 10:32   #1

Clearing into St Lucia on NYE

Hi all

Can someone tell me if it is possible to clear into St Lucia on New Years eve in the late afternoon ?

If not will it be possible to clear in on New Years Day ?

Many thanks in advance
Stephen
sburt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2022, 12:26   #2

Re: Clearing into St Lucia on NYE

New Year's Day is a National Holiday.

However, the Customs office in Soufriere is normally open 7 days a week. If that's were you are checking in, you will likely be able to manage. Immigration is handled by the police station, so they are always open.

If you are using one of the marinas as your port of entry, then I would suggest a phone call to the marina office will likely be a good source of information.
ItDepends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2022, 14:09   #3

With the problems in Soufriere is anyone clearing in there?
Joli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2022, 01:02   #4

Boat: Jeanneau 57

I would head into Rodney Bay Marina to clear in, that is much better than Soufrière. You can anchor outside and dinghy into the marina or go into the marina.

I doubt that any office will be open, but in Rodney Bay they will open up (for an out-of-hours fee). You can e-mail the Rodney Bay marina and ask them about the customs & immigration hours for New Year's; the office is right next theirs and they are quite friendly there. My boat is currently in storage in Rodney Bay and I hope to be back aboard for New Year's - I might even be anchored out that night!

Are you coming from the north or the south? Soufrière is much further south and perhaps better suited if you are coming from there. But I think Rodney Bay is better protected and you can anchor in quite close in good holding while Soufrière is not as amenable.
Old 17-10-2022, 01:41   #5

I would be coming from the north heading south so Rodney bay would probably be where I was intending to head for.

What are the problems in Soufrière ?

Thanks everyone.
sburt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2022, 05:28   #6

Boat: Corbin 39 Pilot House, Tayana 42

Been to St Lucia many times, but only anchored in Rodney Bay. Great protected anchorage , not bad beaches , customs in the marina , and the bus stop right outside marina to visit other parts of this beautiful island. And no pesky boat boys. But the most important is a safe dinghy dock in Rodney Bay Marina
henryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2022, 22:55   #7

Boat: Jeanneau 57

@sburt10 - if coming from the north, then Rodney Bay is your port of entry of choice. Just like black flies and gnats in certain woods, the boat boys south are persistent and bothersome. In Rodney Bay there might be one or two that come by, but they will take "no" for an answer. And if the floating wreck pictured below comes by, that's Gregory selling fruit at highly inflated prices. He's not a bad sort.

Tags
St Lucia