Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2018, 22:51   #76

Re: Adriatic Squad

Martin thanks for the info. I did purchase the Imray pilot book for the Adriatic and will look out for those other books you mentioned. I will definitely print out the other information from those links you posted.

Cheers
Allva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 02:32   #77

Boat: Plan Joubert 21
Send a message via Skype™ to ProjectManaia

Just officially entered the Adriatic, right now in Durres, Albania and headed north for Bar on Monday.
Anybody else in that area? We will head further north, Dubrovnik on the 18th of August, Zadar on 25th and a loose schedule afterwards....
ProjectManaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 13:29   #78

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

Currently in Croatia here, Just left Sibenik Lake area, slowly heading north to Venice then into Croatia and down towards Montenegro.

PM if interested in catching up along the way !.

Regards

Mark.
Catapault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:59   #79

Boat: Beneteau Sense 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectManaia View Post
Just officially entered the Adriatic, right now in Durres, Albania and headed north for Bar on Monday.
Anybody else in that area? We will head further north, Dubrovnik on the 18th of August, Zadar on 25th and a loose schedule afterwards....
Hi,
I'm on my way to Dubrovnik..expect to reach it Friday 17th.
Further I will be heading to Durres. Since you've been there recently could you please advice me on agent used there? Or any other usefull information regarding clearance and the port?

Martin
MartinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:43   #80

Boat: Oyster 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
Hi,
I'm on my way to Dubrovnik..expect to reach it Friday 17th.
Further I will be heading to Durres. Since you've been there recently could you please advice me on agent used there? Or any other usefull information regarding clearance and the port?

Martin
We fly to Montenegro on 20th August. Then we will meander north for 2-3 weeks to fly home from Dubrovnik 9th September. We transmit AIS so can be found here.

Even if you do not transmit AIS, did you know that you can show your location in almost real time by using the MarineTraffic app called On Course

If nearby, come and say hi

TS
Tudorsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:16   #81
cruiser

I’m anchored off Split, Croatia for a few days if anyone’s in area. Send me a PM.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 00:18   #82

Boat: Privilege 435 Catamaran

Should someone head north of Zadar, the ACI Marina Simuni on the west side of Pag is a good place to stop over.
It is my "home marina" and I am in an out until the end of October.

A great place to stop over night at a buoy is the Sv Nicola Bay at the west side of the island Olib.

Other hints on request.
p435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:49   #83

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds

Ken, sorry to have missed you in Croatia this summer. Am now at Ranieri Marina, Bari for the winter. Probably back to Croatia next year.
Andrew
"Genial Bee"
Old 04-10-2018, 03:57   #84
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMetals View Post
Ken, sorry to have missed you in Croatia this summer. Am now at Ranieri Marina, Bari for the winter. Probably back to Croatia next year.
Andrew
"Genial Bee"
We’ll see you next season.
Old 16-01-2019, 17:11   #85

It's official, we will be boarding our bareboat charter on the 1st of April from Dubrovnik. 10 days to adventure (probably north unless we hear a better idea).

This thread has been so useful in my research but if anyone is going to be around at that time and wants to meet up, this is our official test to see if we should be investing in a cat as a liveaboard.

If anyone has any up to date tips they picked up last season, please reach out as our route planning has us heading all over the place.

we are generally looking for the hidden away spots and amazing nature. very sad we won't make it far enough north to see the big waterfalls and forests of the northern islands but blue cave and the national park should be fantastic.

Thanks again for this post and look forward to seeing what we can bring to it in a few months time.

Cheers
DaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 19:12   #86
cruiser

I won't be in the area until the last week in May 2019, enjoy yourself.
Old 17-01-2019, 04:08   #87

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds

I am currently in Bari and will not be in the area until May/Jun. Am sure you hv lots of ideas and there will be plenty of space this early in the season. A few suggestions:
Nico's/Stonski canal. Free mooring, electricity, water. Ask Nico about a taxi up to Ston or you could take the boat up there (not much room) or use tender.
Western end of Mlyet.
Skrivena/Lastovo and i prefer Konoba Nautica on E side of bay. Buoys free at both restaurants.u
Western end of Lastovo.
Korcula but anchor in bay immediately to E of the town or by the Badja monastery.
Visit to Hvar is worthwhile but mooring v difficult. I would go to Starigrad or Verboska and rent a scooter. Verboska v pleasant but instead of going into marina there is sure to be space on the town quay at this time of yr, or you can anchor near mouth of the river and use tender.
Enjoy yrself.
Old 17-01-2019, 04:58   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRed View Post
It's official, we will be boarding our bareboat charter on the 1st of April from Dubrovnik. 10 days to adventure (probably north unless we hear a better idea).

This thread has been so useful in my research but if anyone is going to be around at that time and wants to meet up, this is our official test to see if we should be investing in a cat as a liveaboard.

If anyone has any up to date tips they picked up last season, please reach out as our route planning has us heading all over the place.

we are generally looking for the hidden away spots and amazing nature. very sad we won't make it far enough north to see the big waterfalls and forests of the northern islands but blue cave and the national park should be fantastic.

Thanks again for this post and look forward to seeing what we can bring to it in a few months time.

Cheers
You may be too early for the restaurants to be open in Okuklje (Mljet) but it's a lovely inlet.

We also like Sipanska Luka from Dubrovnik.

Korcula (town) if you fancy something a bit more built up one day.

You can refuel at Sobra albeit in April you shouldn't have the same rush for fuel berths at the end of your trip!

Have you thought about the salt pans at Ston for a visit?
bellasailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 23:34   #89

Boat: Privilege 435 Catamaran

DaRed

How far will you go north? Are you sailing with monohull or a catamaran?
p435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 17:07   #90

A group of us are planning to charter a catamaran out of Split (Trogir) for 2 weeks from 18th May this year. We would love to include both the southern islands (Brac,Hvar and maybe Korcula) and the Kornati islands. Could anyone advise on sailing north from the Trogir area to the Kornati NP - are there good stopover points en route or is it best to do one long passage?
And - given the distances and prevailing wind direction - is this just too ambitious for 14 days?
Would love to know if someone has done this recently and can advise. Any recent information on less busy anchorages would also be welcome! Many thanks.
yalumba82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adriatic