Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-12-2020, 13:29   #1921
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'
Re: U.S. to close..

We (the USA, not Canada) gave these big pharma criminals $10,000,000,000 to come up with the vaccines (that they already had the technology for). If these vaccines prove harmful they will incur 0 liability. But we can't fast track approval of a treatment that is already being used by entire populations because it is already generic therefore no money to be made from it. So far these non FDA approved vaccines are only shown to reduce symptomatic covid19. We have known about Ivermectin since March. They can fast track others studies with their peer review/publishing process. The data is already in and the medicine is well tested and extremely safe. What is the holdup?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...%20per%20year.
Old 18-12-2020, 14:08   #1922
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Anyone with the nerve to criticize the CDC vaccination schedule will automatically be labeled as antivaxxer. It turns out then that most Canadians are indeed antivaxxers because most of Canada doesn't inoculate at birth but instead (more sensibly) waits a few months to give the first inoculations. So all of you that seem critical of a more sensible vax scheme, Are you injecting your infants at birth? Here in the US we do.
Old 18-12-2020, 14:35   #1923

Boat: Other people's boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
The AP article states: (No evidence ivermectin is a miracle drug against COVID-19). Except for the "miracle" part although compared to anything else known it probably is a miracle. It is a smear. plain and simple. I am seeing more preprints for studies every day that have been ongoing in the past six months.
From a casual glance at ClinicalTrials.gov I see over 40 trials ongoing, a few of which have reported results. From the few that I glanced at, these tend to be non-blinded, retrospective, etc. I agree that it would be very good to have an effective treatment in addition to a vaccine, and there's decent evidence to run a trial on it. But the studies that are out there now don't rise to the level that would be needed to support such an approval. People are taking a "let's throw the kitchen sink at it" approach and writing up the results, which isn't the same thing. I agree that it does seem to be safe in most cases, and these studies do contribute to that safety picture.
Old 18-12-2020, 17:22   #1924
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
There is SOME encouraging but still incomplete information that it has shown a useful effect in treatment of COVID-19. The prophylactic case is less well supported as of yet.
We don't generally approve the untested off-label use of drugs because some punters (or presidents) imagine it is "a miracle".

Look, yes it does sound promising. There's no frigging conspiracy.

Didn't Trump say that hydroxychloroquine was a good drug to help fight covid?

Was it not then smeared by a study in the Lancet saying it increased deaths in covid patients that was later retracted and they refused to share their data? But because of this report countries including the WHO basically banned the use of it for covid.

That actually happened so is it conspiracy theory?

Switzerland does not think so, they stopped the use of it and saw a marked increase in mortality started again and it dropped back.

I remember reading about this on a Swiss Government site, but I can not seem to find the link again, but here is another link which has all the data.

https://www.francesoir.fr/societe-sa...efutable-proof

Here's a link about the study being withdrawn:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52929916

If you believe that Pharmaceutical companies will not protect their interests by smearing cheap and freely available drugs or natural alternatives then you are being a bit naive - This is how they get away with all the crap that is pulled, they play on the naivety of the populace and a willingness for the populace to call anything which is not an official line or mass media spouted a conspiracy theory.

Its not as if our corporations and governments do not have a history of telling lies to the populace is it?
Old 18-12-2020, 17:43   #1925
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Anyone with the nerve to criticize the CDC vaccination schedule will automatically be labeled as antivaxxer. It turns out then that most Canadians are indeed antivaxxers because most of Canada doesn't inoculate at birth but instead (more sensibly) waits a few months to give the first inoculations. So all of you that seem critical of a more sensible vax scheme, Are you injecting your infants at birth? Here in the US we do.

Phhht...... What is wrong with around 25 Jabs with some containing multiple viruses by the age of 15 Months? It's not as if they are dangerous or have any toxic adjuvants in them - Who needs the ability to naturally build an immune system when you can just jab away to your hearts content.
Old 18-12-2020, 19:08   #1926

The doctors were like 'shiiiiiite'.

https://www.london-gynaecology.com/p...breastfeeding/

Also, don't plan to be pregnant for the next 6months. Pregnant women weren't included in the trials so no idea if it's safe? I'm guessing this is not normal.
Old 18-12-2020, 19:52   #1927

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post

The doctors were like 'shiiiiiite'.

https://www.london-gynaecology.com/p...breastfeeding/

Also, don't plan to be pregnant for the next 6months. Pregnant women weren't included in the trials so no idea if it's safe? I'm guessing this is not normal.
I recall standing in line at primary school while we got the polio jab... girls fainting all over the place... some at the very sight of the needle..... so nothing new there....
And no plans to get pregnant so not a problem for me....
Old 18-12-2020, 20:06   #1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
I recall standing in line at primary school while we got the polio jab... girls fainting all over the place... some at the very sight of the needle..... so nothing new there.....
Indeed quite normal, girls more frequently than boys, and sometimes the fainting (vasovagal process independent of immune system action) can appear to be a little bit of a seizure (some jerking of the extremities for a few seconds which is not related to epilepsy). With ~billions of vaccinations going to occur...this ought to happen tens-hundreds of thousands of times...or more.
Probably will just feed into the antivax crowd's narrative.
Old 18-12-2020, 20:16   #1929

Meanwhile... back in Australia... Scotty and Gladys have screwed up again....
No word yet on how it arrived at Sydney's northern beaches but the odds are that it was one of the exempt people.... them as don't have to go into 14 days of government monitored quarantine..... which includes aircrew...

Foreign seamen are not allowed to go ashore from their ships when in Australian ports... even after weeks at sea.
However air crew who left a heavily infected Covid country.. just hours before they arrived in Australia ... are allowed to put up at a hotel of their own choosing with no enforced restrictions ...

Have we learned nothing since March?

I think we have just blown our chance of a Trans Tasman bubble..... Well done Scotty and Gladys!

Read and weep..
https://www.theage.com.au/national/n...18-p56osk.html

Still doing better than Sweden....
Old 18-12-2020, 20:48   #1930

Quote:
No word yet on how it arrived at Sydney's northern beaches but the odds are that it was one of the exempt people.... them as don't have to go into 14 days of government monitored quarantine..... which includes aircrew...

Foreign seamen are not allowed to go ashore from their ships when in Australian ports... even after weeks at sea.
However air crew who left a heavily infected Covid country.. just hours before they arrived in Australia ... are allowed to put up at a hotel of their own choosing with no enforced restrictions ...

I think we have just blown our chance of a Trans Tasman bubble..... Well done Scotty and Gladys!

Read and weep..

Let me get this straight, a sailor from nuku hiva who just spent 2 weeks at sea needs to be locked in a hotel for two weeks. While a flight attendant flying in from LA with 10k+ daily infections needs her freedom to go out on the town even though she's probably on a flight out within 48 hours.

These are the same people that negotiates trade deals with China? We need better people running the country.
Old 18-12-2020, 20:56   #1931

Quote:
Let me get this straight, a sailor from nuku hiva who just spent 2 weeks at sea needs to be locked in a hotel for two weeks. While a flight attendant flying in from LA with 10k+ daily infections needs her freedom to go out on the town even though she's probably on a flight out within 48 hours.

These are the same people that negotiates trade deals with China? We need better people running the country.
You don't think Gladys is fit for purpose?

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/...25-p56hw4.html

I wont bother asking your views on Scotty......
Old 18-12-2020, 20:57   #1932

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:

Ah, not quite correct, said flight attendants are required to isolate in their hotel until their next flight, however some of them have apparently chosen to disregard this silly requirement and decided to do what they wish. Not all flight attendants are blessed with commonsense or an acceptance of authority.
Said by a former flight attendant.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 18-12-2020, 21:00   #1933

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:

Read and weep..

WHAT, Scotty from marketing and Gladdarse have fluffed the bubble, no, never.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 18-12-2020, 21:02   #1934

Oh, the same Gladys that let everyone off ruby princess and take a train home.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-53802816

I would'nt let her run a day care.
Old 18-12-2020, 21:04   #1935

Ahh ****. Both her and Scotty went to my school....hey maybe I can get a job too.