Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-12-2020, 09:18   #1771

Boat: Bristol 47.7
Re: U.S. to close..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Flare View Post
It’s the CDC’s point.
I don't recall the CDC making any sort of "point" over their Covid-only fatality statistic.

Quote:
I don’t know what percentage of the population has at least one co-morbidities.

Probably a lot.

I would suggest you check with the CDC. I’m only posting their numbers.
92%?
Old 14-12-2020, 09:19   #1772

Boat: Borrensen BB-10

PEGylated drugs have improved stability in the systemic circulation and prolonged retention time, which is beneficial to improve the distribution of drugs in the body. In particular, it is beneficial to the accumulation of macromolecular drugs in tumors and inflammatory sites with retention enhancing effects, thereby prolonging the treatment time of the drugs in vivo.

Lots of medications are pegolated. It's standard and generally regarded as safe.

The issue of risks vs benefits is an aspect of all medications, of all medical interventions.
Old 14-12-2020, 09:20   #1773

Boat: Formosa 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile View Post
I don't recall the CDC making any sort of "point" over their Covid-only fatality statistic.

92%?
What part of I don’t know are you having trouble with?
Old 14-12-2020, 09:23   #1774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
NOBODY's died from covid. They die from the body's overreaction to the virus and/or from secondary illness that exploits the covid-weakened patient.
Maybe....maybe not.

There is a 3rd option. They have a non-symptomatic case of covid and die from the secondary illness. But with a big paycheck waiting if they list it as a covid death, any gray area cases will assuredly be listed as covid.

Problem is it's hard to get a good breakdown, so it's hard to assess the impacts and what are appropriate responses. And of course, those who benefit from their position in the pandemic have little incentive to share information that might undermine their goals.
Old 14-12-2020, 09:24   #1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Most of us know full well what his point is ...

The CDC guidelines for assigning cause of death have already been posted here. It's the same approach that has existed for decades (perhaps longer), and is the same one used by most western medical systems. No one has questioned the approach until it became politically necessary (by one side) to do so.

If you read the guidelines I bet the vast majority of deaths have more than one co-morbidity listed. Unless you die violently at a young age, most of us will carry multiple mobidities to our grave. That still doesn't affect the way the underlying cause of death is assigned.
Stop trolling.

I posted the CDC’s numbers with zero commentary.
Old 14-12-2020, 09:25   #1776

Quote:
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...virus-pandemic

Hospitals are designed to run at near full capacity.
US hospitals already being stretched pre-pandemic is that much more reason not to downplay the seriousness of the pandemic. Nobody wants to see what we witnessed in Italy during the early days. Not overwhelming hospitals and their staffs was always the highest priority for policymakers.
Old 14-12-2020, 09:28   #1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
Maybe....maybe not.

There is a 3rd option. They have a non-symptomatic case of covid and die from the secondary illness. But with a big paycheck waiting if they list it as a covid death, any gray area cases will assuredly be listed as covid.

Problem is it's hard to get a good breakdown, so it's hard to assess the impacts and what are appropriate responses. And of course, those who benefit from their position in the pandemic have little incentive to share information that might undermine their goals.
It's hard because you haven't tried? Numerous links have been posted covering this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Flare
I posted the CDC’s numbers with zero commentary.
Trolling. Make your point.
Old 14-12-2020, 09:29   #1778

Boat: Vaitses/Herreshoff Meadow Lark 37'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Yes we are all complicit to some degree but by and large are mostly tricked into going along with the status quo. I believe that by far most humans on this world have very good intentions but are tricked into agreeing with some evil sh*t.
If only it were that simple.

It's not.

More often than not, it's not trickery or deception that sends us down the wrong path - it's hubris.

Believing that we understand more than we do.

Nowadays we look to "science", and ignore the fact that 80% of scientific papers are simply wrong.
Old 14-12-2020, 09:31   #1779

Quote:
What part of I don’t know are you having trouble with?
Apologies. I thought you may have been drawing an incorrect conclusion over the CDC's Covid-only fatality statistic.
Old 14-12-2020, 09:32   #1780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdege View Post
Nowadays we look to "science", and ignore the fact that 80% of scientific papers are simply wrong.
Wow, it's a herd.

That's not a 'fact' til you prove it. But remember 63.8% of all statistics are made-up
Old 14-12-2020, 09:37   #1781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile View Post
Apologies. I thought you may have been drawing an incorrect conclusion over the CDC's Covid-only fatality statistic.
I’ve been careful not to draw conclusions and only repeat what the CDC publishes.

I have a ton of anecdotes since a friend of mine is an administrator at a nursing home and I know 10 people who have had the virus ranging in age from 2 years old to 90 years old, but I won’t mess up this thread with anecdotes.

I think the saying is something like anecdotes aren’t data.
Old 14-12-2020, 10:04   #1782

Boat: Ocean Alexander, Ocean 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwedeking2 View Post
I'm not an anti-vaxxer, I was in the army and was vaccinated for various things before being shipped overseas. Too be honest I haven't done much research on vaccinations and their side effects. My concern is more that this was done rapidly and big business/government has a tendency to screw up the first version. So, for a disease that doesn't really affect me medically (though has been a struggle financially) I'll not accept any risk until I see the reaction when it hits a larger test population and give it some time to see the results. With Covid there is low risk but still risk, but I'm willing to accept that for the upside of being able to provide for myself and live a life. Taking the vaccine has almost no upside for me and a level of risk, so I'll pass until I see the results.

Society is not at risk for Covid19, like we thought in February / March. Even left to run rampant (not that I'm suggesting that) it would not have caused an extinction event.

As I've stated previously, I supported some of the measures done in March and April when we had limited knowledge of treatment, infection rates and fatalities. We now know a lot more about target demographics, treatments and should be implementing more common sense / non-emotional reactions to this disease.

I consider the control of my own body to be a fundamental right. Not one given by any government but one inherent by my very existence. This is more important to me, more important than my own safety or the safety of society.

In the US, mask wearing has been done as a push from the government and not led by any businesses, especially small businesses. I support private property rights, and if a business requires one I see no issue on either wearing one or taking my business elsewhere (mostly I would just wear one). I do wear one when going into places such as a grocery store or big box store. I think it's a minor inconvenience for the limited time I'm there and is a "feel good" for those with concerns. I doubt the effectiveness of the act, but it makes some members of society feel better.

I am opposed to government mandates for something that is of limited value. Especially when it involves stopping stroller pushing soccer moms on the street and issuing citations as I witnesses last night in Key West. That is a society I do not wish to be part of.
Well said. Exactly my position. I add only the thought that the cost of all actions must be considered.
Old 14-12-2020, 10:07   #1783
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Ivermectin
Old 14-12-2020, 10:17   #1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Ivermectin

Not yet. Consider it as having the same status as aquarium cleaner hydroxychloroquine, til there's more evidence.
Old 14-12-2020, 10:28   #1785
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Quote:
There is no evidence ivermectin has been proven a safe or effective treatment against COVID-19.
Why is Mainstream media putting the smear on Ivermectin? The results are in. It works.