Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 24-07-2020, 12:41   #406

Re: CANADIAN COVID-19 NEWS

FYI:

Masks mandates are commonly in place, and these mandates are increasingly banning the use of masks that have valves. Though these one-way valves are designed to help provide more comfort by allowing air to escape the mask when users exhale, that function also allows the virus to spread. "It defeats the purpose," said Kai Singbartl, a medical doctor who serves as the chair for infection prevention and control at the Mayo Clinic in Arizona. "They are unfiltered, those valves are the path of least resistance so to speak, it's easier to exhale and get rid of the heat and moisture." But, in addition to exhaling heat and moisture, Singbartl said wearers are exhaling viral droplets and particles as well.
Old 24-07-2020, 13:21   #407

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
Mike,

You recall Flynn? BRIGHT yellow house across the street? Well he is back at Lewisporte from Denver.

Clearly we are not trying hard enough.
Old 24-07-2020, 15:31   #408

Boat: Chris Craft Roamer 58

I'm only presently really following one thread on this forum for people who are actually cruising. We have our boat splashed, engines and gensets started, hydraulics bled, preparing for sea trials. Our friends from Ontario were not able to be here for it, I no longer have any interest in this thread.

I keep getting emails from this thread, however. Can someone point me in the direction of how to stop getting emails from this thread? I already tried the dropdown thing below where it says, "notification type - do not subscribe". But I still get email from it.

Thanks!
Old 24-07-2020, 15:33   #409

You need to unsubscribe from the thread and change your settings on user CP to not automatically subscribe to threads when you post in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCouple View Post
I'm only presently really following one thread on this forum for people who are actually cruising. We have our boat splashed, engines and gensets started, hydraulics bled, preparing for sea trials. Our friends from Ontario were not able to be here for it, I no longer have any interest in this thread.

I keep getting emails from this thread, however. Can someone point me in the direction of how to stop getting emails from this thread? I already tried the dropdown thing below where it says, "notification type - do not subscribe". But I still get email from it.

Thanks!
Old 24-07-2020, 15:38   #410

Boat: Chris Craft Roamer 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcliffe01 View Post
You need to unsubscribe from the thread and change your settings on user CP to not automatically subscribe to threads when you post in them.
Ah, the user CP. Found it. Thanks much!
Old 24-07-2020, 16:01   #411

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCouple View Post

Thanks!
Just scroll down on any of the email notifications you receive from the CF and you will see these. Click on whichever you wish to happen and it is handled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...criptionid=152

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/subscription.php
Old 24-07-2020, 19:33   #412

Toronto Blue Jays to play in Buffalo. So does that make them the Buffalo Blue Jays?

The Toronto Blue Jays, displaced from their home stadium due to the pandemic, will play the greater part of its home season at Sahlen Field in Buffalo, New York, the team announced Friday. The Canadian government denied the Blue Jay's request to play its games in Toronto because of concerns over teams crossing the border.
Old 27-07-2020, 19:33   #413

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

For all the calgary sailors, and mike wwho is hopefully visiting. We are headed to calgary tomorrow, Tues July 28. Staying a couple days, if anyone wants to meet for a drink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Thanks Chris, I'd appreciate that very much. We're heading for Calgary, and points south, but you never know where our little motorcycles will take us.

Hope no one thinks I was being snarky about the AB license plates. Personally, I think it's fine -- good even. I believe in the infection controls we've enacted here in Canada, and I'm happy to see all our numbers trending in the right direction. I think Canadians can rightly be proud of how well we're doing, and should also be able to reap the rewards. One of those rewards is cautiously opening up national travel.

For some this will be a summer to rediscover what a vast and wonderful country we have right here. No need to go to foreign lands. Get in the car and drive -- just don't forget to bring your mask and your hand sanitizer [emoji2].
Old 27-07-2020, 19:40   #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris mac View Post
For all the calgary sailors, and mike wwho is hopefully visiting. We are headed to calgary tomorrow, Tues July 28. Staying a couple days, if anyone wants to meet for a drink.
I might have some time on Wednesday. PM me.
Old 27-07-2020, 20:10   #415

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris mac View Post
Damn... we're currently at Beauvais Lake outside of Pincher Creek. We plan to come up to Calgary Wednesday evening (July 29). Raise a glass for me if you get together.
Old 27-07-2020, 20:16   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Damn... we're currently at Beauvais Lake outside of Pincher Creek. We plan to come up to Calgary Wednesday evening (July 29). Raise a glass for me if you get together.
Keep me updated, we might still be there. Enjoy your ride
Old 28-07-2020, 07:12   #417

Sick of working from home during COVID? Do it from Barbados, island nation tells pandemic-weary Canadians

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bar...d-19-1.5664283
Old 28-07-2020, 08:45   #418

Boat: Hullmaster 27

I'm still here ... Wednesday works for me too.
Old 28-07-2020, 15:25   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelkara View Post
I'm still here ... Wednesday works for me too.
If you or jackdale wanted to pick a place and time for wed evening? Ideally someplace with a patio.
We don't really know calgary well. And I would prefer not downtown, my one tonne isn't too nimble with parking[emoji16]
Old 28-07-2020, 18:00   #420

U.S military personnel in St. John's accused of not isolating, as confusion swirls around exemption rules

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...g-nl-1.5665789