Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-02-2019, 18:27   #16

Boat: nor'sea 27, 1977
Re: looking for Hans Christian 33

There are at least 5 listed on Sailboatlisting.com. Really nice boats. If I could sale my Nor'sea 27, I would consider moving up to one.
iota27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 20:54   #17

Location: Sea of Cortez/northern Utah/ Wisconsin/ La Paz, BCS
Boat: Hans Christian 38 Mk II

My HC 38 Mk II is a fantastic boat - if you like slow coffee in be mornng, setting a sail, and having the leisure of thinking about what the sails are doing rather rhan how fast you sre going. It’s definitely the wet drean of where I was in the 1980’s, Don’t get me wrong - it’s not an easy bost to sail at all that weight it carries - but it feels, unless you really screw up - you and your boat can go anywhere you want.
Just enjoy the voyage - it aint’t gonna be quick,

For some of us, that’s the best part
AndyEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 06:10   #18

Boat: Bruce Bingham Christina 49

Email sent with info on a HC 33 for sale with very little use.

Bill O.
Bill O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 09:50   #19

Boat: 1988 Hans Christian 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmika View Post
I have a friend with one that I think fits your specs he is in So Cal and is interested in selling but is waiting on work on his powerboat to be complete what is your time frame?
Ready to buy now, hoping to find one in the next eight months or less so that I can get her set up the way I like and put her in the wind next winter.
Lowcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 09:51   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemonastra View Post
HI....Im based in New Zealand and my fellow sailor and good friend has one for sale....im happy to get you all the detailed information if that suits? Can also arrange delivery to you as well.... If you need or want the info please feel free to get in touch
I'm interested in finding out about this vessel, do you have a link to the listing?
Old 22-02-2019, 09:59   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRELOS View Post
Here's a Lord Nelson 35, very similar in most aspects. I moved up to a 60'. 1986, 70K
I've always been a fan of the Lord Nelson 35, but with a French wife, anything named after Nelson is going to be a no-go! In all seriousness, though, I just prefer the HC33.
Old 22-02-2019, 18:20   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherT34C View Post
Baba 30 is pretty nice. Not sure the 35's or 33's are enough of a downgrade for you (27klbs down to 20klbs), depending on what it was about the Mason 44 that you found difficult to handle.
Mostly the mainsail (which was huge) and getting into and out of the slip.
Old 23-02-2019, 03:36   #23

Boat: Easterly 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowcountry View Post
I'm interested in finding out about this vessel, do you have a link to the listing?

HI Lowcountry....The owner is a close friend of mine...it used to be listed but he took the ad down due to time wasters...I have known him a while so by all means pm me and ill get you the info...Just let me know where to email it too
waynemonastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 05:00   #24

Boat: Panda/Baba 40

Quote:
Mostly the mainsail (which was huge) and getting into and out of the slip.
That being the case, maybe a small ketch would fit the bill? I've always liked the Shannon 38's.
anotherT34C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 06:30   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherT34C View Post
That being the case, maybe a small ketch would fit the bill? I've always liked the Shannon 38's.
I'd prefer a cutter rig with a bowsprit. I work as a broker and we currently have a Shannon 38 ketch listed that I have been on board several times. While there are certainly things that I like about it, I need a boat with two double bunks, at least one of which in a private 'stateroom.' So boats with an open quarter berth or pilot berth aft are off the list for me. I also need a head with a separate shower stall. The only other boats I'm possibly considering right now outside of the HC33 are the Cabo Rico 38 and the Passport 40, but neither of those are as intriguing to me as the HC33. I would have to find an excellent example of CR38 or P40 at a good price and turn-key to really change my mind.
Old 23-02-2019, 06:32   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemonastra View Post
HI Lowcountry....The owner is a close friend of mine...it used to be listed but he took the ad down due to time wasters...I have known him a while so by all means pm me and ill get you the info...Just let me know where to email it too
Hey, thank you again. You can email me at sailboatdriver at yahoo dot com
Old 23-02-2019, 07:34   #27

Boat: Panda/Baba 40

Quote:
I'd prefer a cutter rig with a bowsprit. I work as a broker and we currently have a Shannon 38 ketch listed that I have been on board several times. While there are certainly things that I like about it, I need a boat with two double bunks, at least one of which in a private 'stateroom.' So boats with an open quarter berth or pilot berth aft are off the list for me. I also need a head with a separate shower stall. The only other boats I'm possibly considering right now outside of the HC33 are the Cabo Rico 38 and the Passport 40, but neither of those are as intriguing to me as the HC33. I would have to find an excellent example of CR38 or P40 at a good price and turn-key to really change my mind.
Sounds like the HC33 is your boat. They're easily my fav of the HC line, and seem to have a nice cult-like following. I just wish Ives had put a <little> less flair on that canoe stern, for my tastes.
anotherT34C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 07:45   #28

anotherT34C, I would also consider the right Baba 40. Like I mentioned before, I used to own a Mason 44 and absolutely love Ta Shing-built boats. As it is, I have no plans of longterm cruising until 2023 (youngest kid goes off to college), but can still go to the Bahamas in the meantime. As such, I'm not in a huge rush to buy a boat right now (though I will if I can find her). I'm certain that the right HC33 is going to present herself sooner or later, and I'll be there to grab her up (hopefully).
Old 25-02-2019, 12:35   #29

Boat: crawling back aboard: getting over long vax/covid!

Quote:
anotherT34C, I would also consider the right Baba 40. Like I mentioned before, I used to own a Mason 44 and absolutely love Ta Shing-built boats. As it is, I have no plans of longterm cruising until 2023 (youngest kid goes off to college), but can still go to the Bahamas in the meantime. As such, I'm not in a huge rush to buy a boat right now (though I will if I can find her). I'm certain that the right HC33 is going to present herself sooner or later, and I'll be there to grab her up (hopefully).
Yes, the Baba's are fantastically built boats. There are great Baba 35 out there as well.

Good luck in your search!
Old 25-02-2019, 12:49   #30

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRELOS View Post
Here's a Lord Nelson 35, very similar in most aspects. I moved up to a 60'. 1986, 70K
Our previous boat was a Lord Nelson 35.
We loved that boat.

When we got done full time cruising, we went with our Dragonfly.

Ayn Rand
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote