Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2020, 13:29   #31

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Re: Looking For a Free Catamaran to call home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassdog View Post
I know this may be crazy but I am looking for a free Gulfstream G5 executive jet, full fuel tanks and free flying lessons until I am certified in the jet! I am just so stressed by having to fly commercialI can’t take it anymore. If anybody has an extra G5 sitting around please send me a private message and thanks.
A bit crass but right on the money. See if you can find me the same deal. I'd like mine with a scantly clad crew of 25 year old hot gals. We can all dream.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 13:56   #32

Boat: Adams 31 aft cockpit

Dibs on the next Jeanneau Sun 40 twin helm anyone is giving away...

I will call it home, but it will need to be pre 2015 as I don't like that new Euro interior very much (according to the wife I will need a new home if I actually buy another yacht, so c'mon folks, dig deep).

Stressed and miserable on account of the seizure of my old diesel and consequent wasted marina fees.

I promise to actually change the oil from now on....and do good things for other folks as well - no, nothing about religion, but I will consider nudity if it helps, despite being somewhat past my prime
mowerandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 14:43   #33

I, also, would like a free boat. I would prefer a mono-hull. I would like about a 40', with a well-running diesel engine, all rigging in top condition, all desirable electronic gear, and an all female great looking, experienced female crew.
If anyone could help me out in this regard, you would have my undying thanks.
conchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 14:46   #34

Boat: Outremer 50S

I think we need to employ the scientific method. To that end, I don't need a boat (or a jet), but instead will test (for the benefit of everyone) the theory that "money can't buy happiness." If everyone here will please send money I will try to be happy and see if I can disprove the theory. And if not, well, at least we used the scientific method. And there's still an opening to try again later with even more money to see if there is a quantifiable limit to the theory.

http://<insert GoFundMe link here>
Dsanduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 14:50   #35

Boat: Knysna 440 once I get my new dock and the canal gets dredged

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBrassMonkey View Post
I know this may be crazy but figured id give it a shot!

My wife and I have a dream of getting a catamaran and living aboard it sailing place to place. Picking up people and helping them learn to sail. Spreading the love and joy of the ocean to others who cant afford a boat(like us at the moment)

I am hoping to find someone in a giving mood that wants to give their catamaran away to a good home. My wife and I are wanting to move onto a Catamaran and sail around. We currently don't have the money to purchase a boat but who knows maybe by pure chance, luck, or Gods grace we will get offered an amazing opportunity!

Were willing to travel to get to the boat and so far our favorite boats have been Knysnas and Privileges 40-50 foot range. But beggars cant be chooser
Ah yes, a forty foot Knysna (who wouldn't want one?) The answer is almost nobody which why they tend to be sold rather than given away. Free boats are often much more expensive in the long run than the ones people actually pay for. And how about that liability insurance you'll need to go just about anywhere? And the fact that there's nothing more expensive to dock than a Cat as they need two slips. You've got better odds of winning the Lotto (if you buy a ticket) than getting anyone in their right mind to give you a 40 to 50 catamaran that's still floating.
joelhemington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 14:57   #36

Boat: Knysna 440 once I get my new dock and the canal gets dredged

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchaway View Post
I, also, would like a free boat. I would prefer a mono-hull. I would like about a 40', with a well-running diesel engine, all rigging in top condition, all desirable electronic gear, and an all female great looking, experienced female crew.
If anyone could help me out in this regard, you would have my undying thanks.
Yep, got one right here buddy! I'll send it right over. Unfortunately, the crew's only experience is in pole dancing (I really hope that won't be a problem for you )
joelhemington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 15:12   #37

Boat: Catalina 42 Mk2

Yeh, good luck with the free catamaran. I'm looking for a free block of high rise apartments on the East Coast that I can rent out to holiday makers for $4000 a week per apartment???????? Then I can sail the world...............
Shirvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 15:24   #38

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Both work so much they don’t see each other, and pay bills. Yet have no money for a boat.

Something doesn’t wash with how my wife and I work, spend, invest, and save. I’m Joe nobody, working stiff. First boat was free, others were paid for. We have a mortgage, everything else is paid for. Haven’t been able to find a job in nine months, yet all bills are paid up, and not touching retirement funds.

I deserve an aircraft carrier.
Tetepare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 15:26   #39

Boat: Nonsuch 30Ultra Grand Banks 36
Angry Re: Looking For a Free Catamaran to call home

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrazil View Post
You have balls my friend! It’s not unheard of. If you are in the right place at the right time it could happen.

Imagine a new to boating couple buying a catamaran because they have unlimited funds and think it’ll be fun. They go on an overnight shakedown cruise without checking the weather and get hit by mother natures fury. When they finally arrive at the dock the next day the wife says, “It’s me or this damn boat!” You happen to be standing on the dock. He chooses wisely and tosses you the keys!
I'm gonna miss that woman
MultiCountryDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 17:12   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
OK.....I was going to give you mine but it's only 42' (and not your brand of choice!) I smell troll breath but I'm bored at work and will play ball!

You can make this work one of two ways:

1) Get a mail order minster's credential and start a floating church. People are known to give lots of $$ associated with JC!.

My ears are burning but I don’t think you mean me. Your welcome to enter my church and begin preaching. The church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster welcomes all and happily receives donations.

Bless all, and May your noodles always be warm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3323.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	207485
JC Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 17:22   #41

Boat: Hanse 430e

Some years back there was a post on a motorcycle forum I watch. The person was asking for money and support for his motorcycle trip to South America so he could Raise Awareness on illiteracy. 2000 rabid motorcyclists tore him a new one and he was never seen again. The posts here are quite calm in comparison.
Dogscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 17:38   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogscout View Post
The posts here are quite calm in comparison.

People get touchy (possibly bc they paid a lot) when the see others affectively begging for a boat. But the reality is that sometimes boat owners just want to get out from underneath a boat. Some more than others.

Maybe not most but there are stories of good boats being gifted away.
JC Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 07:19   #43

Boat: Kelley-Peterson 46 cutter

An abandoned, anchored cat was just pulled from the shallows yesterday by other cruisers in this area. It was afloat and not sinking. Re-anchored safely. No documents found on the vessel.

Another cat is abandoned on the beach where it has been since last July. There are plenty of cruisers and motor vessels here that could drag the cat off the beach.

Both cats dragged anchor in a bay that is sheltered from waves so they were not pounded on rocks.

These might be available for someone who is serious about a free cat.

Most people have the sense to bequeath a boat to someone who can afford to use it and maintain it. If people see you rescued a cat and lovingly restored it and live on it, they will be more likely to consider you.

If this is really the life you want, then make a commitment.
KP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 07:53   #44

Lol wow wouldn’t that be great! Its nice to dream big ! Never know!,
Captncob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 07:59   #45

Boat: 1988 Hans Christian 33

*blank stare*
Lowcountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, catamaran