Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2022, 03:47   #91

Boat: Bristol 27
Re: Should my batteries and solar have a load ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Indeed. For engineers Those with perfect grammar and spelling probably did a primary degree in Classical Greek , sure they know everything about electrics or electronics

Or there are those of us with bad spelling and dodgy grammar that actually 30 years or more in the industry actually designing and producing stuff.
For some engineers and most techs today so much time is spent simply learning their skill there's little time left for English Comp etc.

Plus many do not have degrees. They have either tech/engineering school or military training.

Many computer nerd techs have been playing with computers in their Mom's basement since they were like 6 years old and may have completed a Raspberry Pi project in middle school or High School.

For those of us closing in on 50 years in the business we have seen a lot of changes.

My tech training was military. Later BA History Division 1 College GI Bill with tons of Math and Computer Science Classes until I was sick of it and went for something I enjoyed. (but still don't write well)

But today you have to continue to "qualify" as a computer hardware/software/cyber tech by maintaining your certifications.

We'd spend 2 years 8 hours a day learning electronics back in the day so how can they do the same today plus learn all about computer hardware, software, and cyber? They cannot......but today's electronics is much better so more time is spend on the computer technology and operation.

We aren't out there with a meter every morning making sure the power supplies are at the correct voltage. Actually we never check the power supply voltage these days because they run that stable.

The thing that takes up all the time at a site today is Cyber.

Today they have started reducing our number of computers (boxes) and replacing say 5-6 with one computer housing 5 VM's (virtual machines)

Technology is still changing at warp speed.

Children are programming (Linux) on Raspberry Pi's etc

https://www.electromaker.io/blog/art...jects-for-kids
thomm225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, loa, solar