Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2016, 14:30   #1

Boat: Imexus 28, Malcolm Tennant 46 Timeliner cat
how much can i load the gen?

I have installed Fischer Panda 4500FCB on my cat. Idle runs perfect.Putting on washer/dryer - about 2000watt - starts black smoke. Adding a portable AC - about 1300 wt - sprays unburned fuel... Local electrician (who made the installation) sais:" It's week". Therefore, remote pannnel, went off, during the test run. I contacted Panda help line, but would like to share the actual experience with owners. What's the actual possible load to nominal capacity?
Could it be the cause, that exhaust line is long ? Electrician suggested to connect it to motor through stern pipe ( about 2 meters long). Any other ideas ?
YARGESOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 17:07   #2

Boat: Beneteau First 42
Re: how much can i load the gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARGESOL View Post
I have installed Fischer Panda 4500FCB on my cat. Idle runs perfect.Putting on washer/dryer - about 2000watt - starts black smoke. Adding a portable AC - about 1300 wt - sprays unburned fuel... Local electrician (who made the installation) sais:" It's week". Therefore, remote pannnel, went off, during the test run. I contacted Panda help line, but would like to share the actual experience with owners. What's the actual possible load to nominal capacity?
Could it be the cause, that exhaust line is long ? Electrician suggested to connect it to motor through stern pipe ( about 2 meters long). Any other ideas ?
We have a 2001 era FP 4.2KW fresh water cooled genny. It easily powers our 16K BTU AC unit, Freedom Inverter/Battery Charger; and, our Raritan water heater. With the foregoing loads, the genny is loaded up to about 80% of its capacity which, according to FP, is the units "sweet spot". We burn about 1/4 gal per hour or so with the foregoing. Look at your loading and go from there.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loa